Update on new Tromix parts

OK guys....we're now cutting metal on the following parts:

Magazine Base Plate (for 922r)

Gas Piston (for 922r)

Hammer (for 922r)

Disconector (for 922r)

Folding/Collapsible Stock Adapter

Trigger - With our redesigned hammer, you can now use a standard M16 trigger and have the hammer cocking angle remain the same as the OEM.

Shark Brake

Flash Hider

Extended choke tube wrench

We should have all these parts done by late July or early August.

In the final design stage:

Oversize Magazine Release

Quad Rail Hand Guard

Design still in work:

Aluminum lower receiver

Of course we also have the Gas Booster Bushings in stock at Carolina Shooters Supply.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

I have not had my pins out. Do they look like they will take removal and reinstall and still be tight? If its a wish list how about some anti-walk pins. Will you be selling these direct or just thru CSS?? If I read it right we only need 3 parts to make the count, yes?

..so....it begs to be asked. Im sure Tony knows, and im SURE he isnt gonna tell us, but WHO is producing the high caps? only reason I can see to go 922r, so obviously its in the works now, if Tony is going full steam ahead on 922r compliance parts....obviously its someone who doesnt want a bunch of phone calls and emails from the public asking "when, where, can i order now", not like anyone wants that sort of thing tying up their time...

How about a lower receiver that is compatible with saiga mags.Can this be done?

It's not that it can't be done, just that it would be difficult because to retain the current mag release you would need to heavily modify the Saiga mags in addition to a whole new receiver.

The other option is to make a new receiver with a mag release exactly like the S12, which defeats the purpose of this gun.

How about a lower receiver that is compatible with saiga mags.Can this be done?

It's not that it can't be done, just that it would be difficult because to retain the current mag release you would need to heavily modify the Saiga mags in addition to a whole new receiver.

The other option is to make a new receiver with a mag release exactly like the S12, which defeats the purpose of this gun.

It was a rhetorical question no offense .I think that this feature would appeal to saiga owners with a butt load of mags.It could have a slanted magwell tapered from the front to the rear with a slide bar mag release. He mentions an aluminum lower receiver in the works .Hell i say if you have the skills and the tools to make it why not? the money would be there.Im sure he has already thought of this.

Edited by caal
  • 1 month later...

OK guys....we're now cutting metal on the following parts:

Magazine Base Plate (for 922r)

Gas Piston (for 922r)

Hammer (for 922r)

Disconector (for 922r)

Folding/Collapsible Stock Adapter

Trigger - With our redesigned hammer, you can now use a standard M16 trigger and have the hammer cocking angle remain the same as the OEM.

Shark Brake

Flash Hider

Extended choke tube wrench

We should have all these parts done by late July or early August.

In the final design stage:

Oversize Magazine Release

Quad Rail Hand Guard

Design still in work:

Aluminum lower receiver

Of course we also have the Gas Booster Bushings in stock at Carolina Shooters Supply.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

Its late july/early august. Any word on parts?

They are in work on multiple CNC machines right now. The gas pistons are done and the others will be done in the next week or so.

The hammer and stock adpater are being water jet cut first, and then they get finished on the CNC mill. They should be back from water jet and on the mill next week.

Extended choke tube wrenches are in stock at CSS.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Once you get the lower made, would that mean that buying the lower and registering it as a pistol, then building the gun normally without a stock, would be legal, as long as it meets all other BATFE requirements? As well as not needing to be compliant with 922r?

I'm just kinda flying by the seat of my pants here, I thought of it and I'm not 100% sure of all the legalities.

Once you get the lower made, would that mean that buying the lower and registering it as a pistol, then building the gun normally without a stock, would be legal, as long as it meets all other BATFE requirements? As well as not needing to be compliant with 922r?

I'm just kinda flying by the seat of my pants here, I thought of it and I'm not 100% sure of all the legalities.

A shotgun is a shotgun whether it has a stock or not. Unless you are going into NFA territory.

A shotgun is a shotgun whether it has a stock or not.

No that is incorrect. A gun that comes from the factory with a pistol grip is not a shotgun, legally speaking at least. It is an "other weapon." Not to be confused with an "any other weapon." To be a Shotgun, it must be "designed or redesignd to be fired from the shoulder." It ATF letters are not the law per se. However this letter explains what I'm talking about.

• 3 weeks later...
A shotgun is a shotgun whether it has a stock or not.

No that is incorrect. A gun that comes from the factory with a pistol grip is not a shotgun, legally speaking at least. It is an "other weapon." Not to be confused with an "any other weapon." To be a Shotgun, it must be "designed or redesignd to be fired from the shoulder." It ATF letters are not the law per se. However this letter explains what I'm talking about.

Which just underscores the problems with government... very few people can make sense of the policies, procedures, guidelines and such without having spent countless hours figuring out what in the heck they (agencies, bureaucrats) mean. Ugh...

So, will the aluminum lowers be considered an FFL item? Will they be like an AR15 lower? Stock tube hole and removable grip? I'm thinking about getting one of these before they get too expensive. Because if tromix has already started on parts a lot of othe people are gonna hop on the train soon.