Given the local PD (and I live in fucking Idaho, where you'd think that open carry is a non-issue), I'd worry about getting my ass shot if I open-carried a rifle. I *would* get my ass shot if it wasn't slung, and they'd probably call it brandishing (and shoot me) if it was on a 3-point sling, too. A dead man can't tell his side of the story, Dogman.

There's open carry, and then there's picking a fight. This guy is close to picking a fight. Maybe legit, if they won't issue a CCW because the sheriff can say no, but it's still a sign of poor judgment. Answering questions in an aggressive tone is not conducive to demonstrating that you do not have a chip on your shoulder and the sheriff is being a douche. Fact: an officer can arrest you just because he doesn't like your attitude. It's called "insulting an officer". A little bit of civility and politeness goes a very long way, a fact that you seem to have forgotten.

So, what you are saying is that you are afraid you would be murdered by the police. I seriously doubt it. I think you just "Worry" a lot. The guy wasn't "picking a fight", the police were. THEY approached HIM. "Fact: an officer can arrest you just because he doesn't like your attitude. It's called "insulting an officer". I don't know where you get your "facts" but this is simply not true. If you don't know the law, then you shouldn't try to quote it. I think you are confusing civility and politeness with "kowtowing". It was entirely appropriate for him to send a message that he would not be intimidated.

Not to argue but I agree with what he's sayin to a point, Ive had the police tell me in so many words that they "are" the law and my rights extend only as far as they chose to extend them to me!! Ive also seen first hand police take me and others to jail for whatever fucking reason they want. The law doesnt matter, they'll take you to jail and then you can argue your side in front of a judge who interprets the law. And you will most likely lose b/c you cant argue against a cop and win. EVER. Regardless of the law, if the cop says you were resisting, you were resisting.

I would also be worried about being murdered by the police, Its sad but its the truth. I would not be surprised AT ALL to be shot by these police around here for OC an AK. Not to mention NC has the "going armed to the terror of the public" The law states that one must demonstrate and show INTENT to cause terror but that hasnt stopped NC police from charging several people with this for open carrying and minding their own business. Of course they will get out of it, AFTER they get out of jail! Once again the law doesnt matter anymore. You can go to jail for ANYTHING now, convicted maybe not but go to jail? Oh yeah, they'll take you to jail here for talking back too much. I actually thought when I watched that video, "wow, those cops are being awfully nice" HERE they would have tazed his ass, kicked him in the face and took him to jail!!! Not saying its right, thats just how it is. But I resist the Nazi state every chance I get anyway!!011.gif Been to jail for it TOO!!

This thread defiantly highlights to me those who, if god forbid they came to get our guns would hand them over and those who would die holding on to them!!022.gif

• Like 1
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look, i hate that i'm the only who who's said this yet, but guess what, you know you else open carried rifles and or pistols? just about everyone pre-1840 in any rural community, and just because you

normally i would agree this is in extremly bad taste and the guy is a idiot , but ibielieve there are some extenuating circumstances here , as far as the guy carrying a camera ,he,s not he has a iphon

Ya know, DogMan, now I get the feeling that you're trying to start shit. Boise PD shot and killed a 14-year-old kid who was carrying a rifle a couple years ago. Was the kid not listening to the offi

Ya know, DogMan, now I get the feeling that you're trying to start shit. Boise PD shot and killed a 14-year-old kid who was carrying a rifle a couple years ago. Was the kid not listening to the officers? Well, the officers say he wasn't. But the kid is still dead. And, NO, I don't trust Boise PD. They're a bunch of power-tripping, trigger-happy yahoos.

I wrote a blank check payable to Uncle Sam a few years ago "for any amount up to and including my life." Don't assume that I am afraid to confront someone. There is a difference between being civil and submitting. Maybe you should learn it.

And I'm done with trying to reason with you.

• Like 4

Given the local PD (and I live in fucking Idaho, where you'd think that open carry is a non-issue), I'd worry about getting my ass shot if I open-carried a rifle. I *would* get my ass shot if it wasn't slung, and they'd probably call it brandishing (and shoot me) if it was on a 3-point sling, too. A dead man can't tell his side of the story, Dogman.

There's open carry, and then there's picking a fight. This guy is close to picking a fight. Maybe legit, if they won't issue a CCW because the sheriff can say no, but it's still a sign of poor judgment. Answering questions in an aggressive tone is not conducive to demonstrating that you do not have a chip on your shoulder and the sheriff is being a douche. Fact: an officer can arrest you just because he doesn't like your attitude. It's called "insulting an officer". A little bit of civility and politeness goes a very long way, a fact that you seem to have forgotten.

+1. I would hope that if any of you that are talking here that would be confronted by an officer while open carrying, you would be civil. Why? Because not being civil will only make yourself look like an angry dumbass hick who doesn't realize they are only hurting their own cause. I get it. you want to open carry. Go ahead. But when an officer stops you, don't assume their going to do something drastic. Answer politely and move on. By doing so, you could possibly change some opinions.

There are two reasons why people have such a bad view of guns.

Reason 1: Liberal spoon-feeding. The part that you can't control and that will always piss you off.

Reason 2: Because some gun owners get angry and want to "stick it to the man", so they go and do something stupid. Talking back to a police officer while holding a loaded rifle is one of them. That's fine and dandy, but all the cops and anyone watching see is a possibly dangerously angry person armed with a loaded gun who obviously is looking for trouble.

I know. It sucks. People misunderstand open carry and concealed carry. But there is a magical way to make that change. Be courteous while using, holding, or representing gun rights because you can at any moment become the stereotype of gun owners to the government, the sheep, or the evil liberals. Being courteous with a gun is only going to piss of the liberals, because they KNOW that people will notice it and fix their brainwashed minds. Represent us, the gun owners of America, EVERY TIME you hold your gun, EVERY time you say that you a proud gun owner, and every time you stick up for gun rights. Only then will we change the sheeple's opinions.

Now, go ahead and rip my head off. I know some of you will. But why is it so hard to ask some people to realize that they are representing all of us gun owners when they act like assholes? Why can't they just represent us the way we should be represented?

Edited by CPF
  • Like 2

Ya know, DogMan, now I get the feeling that you're trying to start shit. Boise PD shot and killed a 14-year-old kid who was carrying a rifle a couple years ago. Was the kid not listening to the officers? Well, the officers say he wasn't. But the kid is still dead. And, NO, I don't trust Boise PD. They're a bunch of power-tripping, trigger-happy yahoos.

I wrote a blank check payable to Uncle Sam a few years ago "for any amount up to and including my life." Don't assume that I am afraid to confront someone. There is a difference between being civil and submitting. Maybe you should learn it.

Well, if you think that disagreeing with you, stating my own opinions, and calling you out on your erroneous "facts" means that I'm starting shit then so be it. And I tried to find out some details and more information on the shooting you referred to but there doesn't seem to be any. Where would I find that?

Edited by DogMan

Oh, God man. I'ts getting really nauseating listening to people who I "assume" support gun rights cowering at the thought of others being perceived as having an "attitude" when standing up against harassment when exercising those rights. Or being in fear of upsetting a general public filled with uneducated morons because maybe they won't support our "cause". Hey, you know what? We don't have to fucking ask anybody! And just what is our "cause" anyway? That maybe if we're really good little boys and girls and keep our guns hidden away they just might let us keep them? Fuck them! Our rights are written into law and the God Damn Mother Fucking Constitution! There are a few of you who need to get up off of your knees and quit worrying about being "accepted". If somebody wants to walk down the street legally carrying a gun they don't have choice but to accept it. Fuck every last one of them.

i couldnt agree more with your post. i find it sad that so many fuckers in this country actually think that the 2nd Amendment is only for "sporting purposes".

sporting purposes my asscrack. i dont see how some can say they believe in the bill of rights and then trash talk someone who is struggling against an oppressive society to cling to the very rights that so many men have died for to preserve. i see no wrong or shame in his actions.

• Like 1

+1. I would hope that if any of you that are talking here that would be confronted by an officer while open carrying, you would be civil. Why? Because not being civil will only make yourself look like an angry dumbass hick who doesn't realize they are only hurting their own cause. I get it. you want to open carry. Go ahead. But when an officer stops you, don't assume their going to do something drastic. Answer politely and move on. By doing so, you could possibly change some opinions.

There are two reasons why people have such a bad view of guns.

Reason 1: Liberal spoon-feeding. The part that you can't control and that will always piss you off.

Reason 2: Because some gun owners get angry and want to "stick it to the man", so they go and do something stupid. Talking back to a police officer while holding a loaded rifle is one of them. That's fine and dandy, but all the cops and anyone watching see is a possibly dangerously angry person armed with a loaded gun who obviously is looking for trouble.

I know. It sucks. People misunderstand open carry and concealed carry. But there is a magical way to make that change. Be courteous while using, holding, or representing gun rights because you can at any moment become the stereotype of gun owners to the government, the sheep, or the evil liberals. Being courteous with a gun is only going to piss of the liberals, because they KNOW that people will notice it and fix their brainwashed minds. Represent us, the gun owners of America, EVERY TIME you hold your gun, EVERY time you say that you a proud gun owner, and every time you stick up for gun rights. Only then will we change the sheeple's opinions.

Now, go ahead and rip my head off. I know some of you will. But why is it so hard to ask some people to realize that they are representing all of us gun owners when they act like assholes? Why can't they just represent us the way we should be represented?

i agree with you, but i will say, that when i do get stopped by police, i am civil, respectful and polite. there has been 2 run-ins that didnt go so good because the cops started being smart asses, rude and disrespectful. so i politely returned the favor. :super: i treat others the same way i would like to be treated. but sometimes the cops here in tennessee can be on a power trip. especially the younger ones. i wont stand for it. and i wont let them run over my ass. but 9 times out of 10, most dont give a shit as long as im legal.

I exercise my right to carry every day, but I use discretion and keep it concealed to avoid being hassled or a becoming a target of someone with actual ill intent.

•  
  • I have the right to run up and down the street screaming, "FUCK ALL OF YOU! I FUCKING HATE -(mad lib your own ethnic or religious slur here)-".
  • I have the right to protest against the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
  • I have the right to vote for people that want to take my rights away from me.
  • I have the right to burn the American Flag.
  • I have the right to mutilate and mistreat my own body.

Having the right or legal ability to do something doesn't make it a good idea.

Discretion is also a right that a lot of idiots don't exercise!

Edited by BuffetDestroyer

Well, if you think that disagreeing with you, stating my own opinions, and calling you out on your erroneous "facts" means that I'm starting shit then so be it. And I tried to find out some details and more information on the shooting you referred to but there doesn't seem to be any. Where would I find that?

I think what the problem is, that some people on here HAVE STATED NUMEROUS TIMES they support open carry, the 2nd amendment, and gun rights in general, but they don't like what he did. IN response you seem to be taking your anger of Liberal gun laws out against them. It seems if everyone on this thread is not agreeing with you 100% than they are the problem. That's how your treating people on this thread that both Love and support the 2nd amendment. I have not seen one person in this thread down open carry at all, but I do see you attacking several.

I'm not trying to turn this into a fight, but just because some people think its in bad taste in not a reason to treat them like "sheeple"

I think what the problem is, that some people on here HAVE STATED NUMEROUS TIMES they support open carry, the 2nd amendment, and gun rights in general, but they don't like what he did. IN response you seem to be taking your anger of Liberal gun laws out against them. It seems if everyone on this thread is not agreeing with you 100% than they are the problem. That's how your treating people on this thread that both Love and support the 2nd amendment. I have not seen one person in this thread down open carry at all, but I do see you attacking several.

I'm not trying to turn this into a fight, but just because some people think its in bad taste in not a reason to treat them like "sheeple"

So, they "support" open carry but call a guy who does it a dumbass, an idiot, attention whore, poor judgement, bad taste, comparing it to burning the American flag, comparing it to running down the street screaming like an idiot, picking a fight, looney, causing a scene. Tell me, what part of open carry do they support again? I must have missed it. I'll be honest with you, I wouldn't do something like that simply because I don't want to deal with that kind of attention. But I'll be damned if I'll badmouth somebody who chooses to. Perhaps I could have made some of my comments seem less personal and if anybody took it that way then fuc.........I mean, I'm sorry. I don't take any of this personally

• Like 1

Let's try to look at the real question here: this guy was trying to make a statement about the fact that he was denied a CCW so he was legally carrying what is to lots of people a very scary gun. OK, I appreciate making that kind of political statement if you have the balls to do it and are prepared to take the risk of getting shot for it. That whole thing is political speech and I'm all for it.

That said, what practical reason do any of us have for carrying a long gun down the road? There are neighborhoods and situations here where I'm a lot more comfortable with my pistol under my jacket. There are lots of times I carry it just because I like to and I can. In a state like Alaska, there's pretty much always somebody in your field of vision who's carrying and everybody knows it. Alaska pretty much exemplifies the notion that an armed society is a polite society and I've seen fender-benders end in gunplay. I carry a pistol a lot, most anytime unless I'm drinking or going to the bank or a government office. I open carry a long gun when I'm in the places where you need one, just like everybody else does. You'll see a shotty or a rifle slung over somebody's back on lots of fairly urban trails here and you'll see them most anyplace in the rural areas, but there really isn't any reason to go walking through a residential or shopping area open carrying a long gun just because you can.

But just for perspective, this is a state where even liberal Democrats are NRA Life Members, so guns are pretty familiar and not very controversial here.

Quit pretending you are free men fellas,you live on a giant prison farm set up for "for profit" incarceration and fake "anti-crime" legislation that protects you from nothing(except retiring by 65).

693px-US_incarceration_timeline-clean.svg.png

The USA has the highest arrest and incarceration rates in the world. Fully 28% of Americans have been in controlled custody and yes 63% of those arrests were for "victimless crimes".

Edited by SOPMOD
  • Like 2

All I will say is our founding fathers would be very disappointed in all of us right now.

Shit wtf am I thinking they turned over in their graves a long time ago. Its all lost. Listen to you folks....its not even funny or I would say lmao.....why do you think we are where we are today. Because too many have been sheepled into thinking the second is up for debate. Eat and be happy sheeple. The wolves are lurking.

Let's try to look at the real question here: this guy was trying to make a statement about the fact that he was denied a CCW so he was legally carrying what is to lots of people a very scary gun. OK, I appreciate making that kind of political statement if you have the balls to do it and are prepared to take the risk of getting shot for it. That whole thing is political speech and I'm all for it.

That said, what practical reason do any of us have for carrying a long gun down the road? There are neighborhoods and situations here where I'm a lot more comfortable with my pistol under my jacket. There are lots of times I carry it just because I like to and I can. In a state like Alaska, there's pretty much always somebody in your field of vision who's carrying and everybody knows it. Alaska pretty much exemplifies the notion that an armed society is a polite society and I've seen fender-benders end in gunplay. I carry a pistol a lot, most anytime unless I'm drinking or going to the bank or a government office. I open carry a long gun when I'm in the places where you need one, just like everybody else does. You'll see a shotty or a rifle slung over somebody's back on lots of fairly urban trails here and you'll see them most anyplace in the rural areas, but there really isn't any reason to go walking through a residential or shopping area open carrying a long gun just because you can.

But just for perspective, this is a state where even liberal Democrats are NRA Life Members, so guns are pretty familiar and not very controversial here.

ive never been to alaska , but have become quite familiar with the tv version of it from the discovery channel :D ice road truckers , gold rush , tuffer in alaska , deadliest catch and the list go,s on and on . from what i gather youre absolutly correct about the fire arms friendly type attitude youve got going on up there , awesome ! it got me thinking , what can we do to plant this seed of firearms acceptance here in the lower 48 and watch it grow freely without confrontation , what do you have ,we dont , then it hit me ,BEARS , we need bears not the cute little black ones , i want 12 foot tall kodiak island grizzlys roaming the alley s of major city,s all across the lower 48 , just think of it , nothing would motivate people to be more fire arms freindly than the possibility of a 12 foot grizzly lurcking just beyond thier view , creaping around in the shadows , just waiting for the oppertunity to remove them from thier cozy seat on the top of the food chain . nothing will motivate a person more than being eaten alive by a fucking bear , well maybe being lit on fire , but thats a whole diffrent deal !

All I will say is our founding fathers would be very disappointed in all of us right now.

Shit wtf am I thinking they turned over in their graves a long time ago. Its all lost. Listen to you folks....its not even funny or I would say lmao.....why do you think we are where we are today. Because too many have been sheepled into thinking the second is up for debate. Eat and be happy sheeple. The wolves are lurking.

The leftist version of wolves will be speaking tomorrow possibly:

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2011/07/14/democrats_to_introduce_gun_control_legislation_tomorrow

Yakdung

So, they "support" open carry but call a guy who does it a dumbass, an idiot, attention whore, poor judgement, bad taste, comparing it to burning the American flag, comparing it to running down the street screaming like an idiot, picking a fight, looney, causing a scene. Tell me, what part of open carry do they support again? I must have missed it. I'll be honest with you, I wouldn't do something like that simply because I don't want to deal with that kind of attention. But I'll be damned if I'll badmouth somebody who chooses to. Perhaps I could have made some of my comments seem less personal and if anybody took it that way then fuc.........I mean, I'm sorry. I don't take any of this personally

What is his real reason for carrying? Self Defense? Hunting critters on Main Street?

If you believe that, then you are a lot more dense than most. The guy just wants attention (FREUD SAYS: Little Dick or Mommy Issues) and by doing so he is creating unneeded animosity towards gun owners from his LEO's that are just doing their job and responding to a call.

Let's logically analyze this for a minute: The 7.62x39 round runs a serious risk of over penetration and causing collateral damage if being used for "self defense". Additionally the AK is a poor choice for someone that is actually going about their day because it is a long gun that is large and will get in the way if you are actually "just going to see the wife at work" and not actually seeking people to stare at you and give you attention. In the video he even got all giddy when the cops showed up and stated that he wanted to see how people would react at the beginning.

As a CCW holder if I see some fucktard brandishing an AK (as opposed to having it in a case or gun sock) while walking down Main Street filming everything, I am going to wonder what he intends to do with it and how I need to react as someone willing to defend my life and the lives of others with my carry weapon. He may be exercising his open carry rights like a self righteous asshole, or he may intend to shoot up the fucking street. Either way, I am going to be wary of someone doing this.

Forcing people to accept your "rights" by shoving them in the face of others is just like two half naked gay dudes making out and dry humping each other in public or at their rallies. This is their right, but I don't think that it is creates many positive feelings towards their cause with the general public even if they support gay rights. -Gasp- Buffetdestroyer just compared open carrying an AK to Gay PDA! Yes, because it is for the same fucking reason: ATTENTION and a POLITICAL STATEMENT!

• Like 1

Well, he didn't do anything wrong. If I was in his shoes, I would have probably been a little friendlier to the cops, but that's not mandatory. No big deal in my book. I was told a few years ago by a local cop that in Texas, rifles and shotguns are legal to open carry as long as you don't threaten anyone with them. If stopped, just answer the questions and they will let you go.

• Like 1

Question, can I open carry a ball and cap revolver and musket? They are not legally firearms if my memory serves me right because they don't fire cartridge ammo and were both designed prior to 1891.

Edited by DLT

This is guy is no more crazy, than anyone on this forum, damn, whats that say about us here on the forum? Anyway, hes just making a point of the right to carry and people freak out, but its human nature for people to act this way, actually I think the Leo's handled it really well, I wish we had officers here that cool headed, our Leo's would have been busting caps in his ass, rights or not!

• Like 3

What is his real reason for carrying? Self Defense? Hunting critters on Main Street?

If you believe that, then you are a lot more dense than most. The guy just wants attention (FREUD SAYS: Little Dick or Mommy Issues) and by doing so he is creating unneeded animosity towards gun owners from his LEO's that are just doing their job and responding to a call.

Let's logically analyze this for a minute: The 7.62x39 round runs a serious risk of over penetration and causing collateral damage if being used for "self defense". Additionally the AK is a poor choice for someone that is actually going about their day because it is a long gun that is large and will get in the way if you are actually "just going to see the wife at work" and not actually seeking people to stare at you and give you attention. In the video he even got all giddy when the cops showed up and stated that he wanted to see how people would react at the beginning.

As a CCW holder if I see some fucktard brandishing an AK (as opposed to having it in a case or gun sock) while walking down Main Street filming everything, I am going to wonder what he intends to do with it and how I need to react as someone willing to defend my life and the lives of others with my carry weapon. He may be exercising his open carry rights like a self righteous asshole, or he may intend to shoot up the fucking street. Either way, I am going to be wary of someone doing this.

Forcing people to accept your "rights" by shoving them in the face of others is just like two half naked gay dudes making out and dry humping each other in public or at their rallies. This is their right, but I don't think that it is creates many positive feelings towards their cause with the general public even if they support gay rights. -Gasp- Buffetdestroyer just compared open carrying an AK to Gay PDA! Yes, because it is for the same fucking reason: ATTENTION and a POLITICAL STATEMENT!

OK, now we can add "two gay dudes dry humping each other" to our list of analogies to open carrying. I have to say, I'm nothing if not totally amazed with the things I'm reading.

• Like 1

ive never been to alaska , but have become quite familiar with the tv version of it from the discovery channel :D ice road truckers , gold rush , tuffer in alaska , deadliest catch and the list go,s on and on . from what i gather youre absolutly correct about the fire arms friendly type attitude youve got going on up there , awesome ! it got me thinking , what can we do to plant this seed of firearms acceptance here in the lower 48 and watch it grow freely without confrontation , what do you have ,we dont , then it hit me ,BEARS , we need bears not the cute little black ones , i want 12 foot tall kodiak island grizzlys roaming the alley s of major city,s all across the lower 48 , just think of it , nothing would motivate people to be more fire arms freindly than the possibility of a 12 foot grizzly lurcking just beyond thier view , creaping around in the shadows , just waiting for the oppertunity to remove them from thier cozy seat on the top of the food chain . nothing will motivate a person more than being eaten alive by a fucking bear , well maybe being lit on fire , but thats a whole diffrent deal !

I know it is bears for me; specifically the grizzlies and brown bears. Once you're out of the 'burbs, and even sometimes in the 'burbs, you're not at the top of the food chain unless you're armed. When I lived in Juneau, I'd have much rather gotten off on one of the SE Alaska islands with no pants than without my shotgun. At least in what passes for summer, I'd have had some chance with no pants, but not much chance with no gun. There are some REALLY BIG bears on Admiralty and the other SE islands. On Kodiak you have the big browns that are close relatives of the ABC browns in SE Alaska. In most of the rest of the State you have grizzlies and they can wreck your day too. Even a big agressive black bear is dangerous. We used to have all sorts of trouble with them in Juneau. People would come home and find a bear tearing their kitchen apart. We got really serious about garbage handling and eliminated most of the urban bear problem there. People, including me, complained about the restrictions at first but I have to admit that it has worked. We were relocating, not very successfully, dozens of bears and killing quite a few every summer. Now it is very rare to even have a bear in a settled area in or near Juneau. Anchorage is really starting to have bear problems but so far they're in "nobody's telling me what to do with my garbage" mode. Place is a damned mess on every garbage pickup day from bears and birds so having to take some steps is inevitable; just hope nobody gets hurt or killed first. Here in ANC we also have urban moose that can be very dangerous. Nobody's been killed here in town by a bear but there've been several people killed by moose over the years, and that's not counting all the damage and ocassional deaths on the highways from car/moose collisions; they're big animals. And of course we'd just love to share our wolves with the Lower 48. I think a pack of wolves in every park in those big Blue cities might change some attitudes.

A holstered side arm is considered secured and safe since most holsters prohibit access to the trigger and your hand does not need to be on the weapon. Open carry in this fashion is completely legal and within your rights until you draw it out of the holster and have it on the ready. If there is no imminent threat of serious bodily harm as the legal provocation to do so drawing and holding on the ready can be considered felony assault with a deadly weapon. Even putting your hand on the weapon to be ready to draw can be proven as assault.

An AK that is switched from slung to the ready position (holding it with firing hand on the pistol grip and the non-firing hand on the handguard) could be proven as assault in most courts. Also, as a CCW holder, I would have the legal right to draw and fire if the rifle was moved in such a way deemed threatening to my bodily harm or others in my presence anywhere in the state of Nevada.

Open carry is legal in most places. But it is a very fine line before handling your weapon in a certain manner becomes a felony (such as putting your hand on a holstered weapon as if you are going to draw it). Remember the assholes at the shooting range thread? Just because someone is exercising his 2nd Amendment Rights at the same range doesn't mean he does it safely and doesn't put others at risk by pointing his muzzle in the wrong direction or keeping his finger on the trigger when a round is chambered. If he has a negligent discharge that kills someone at the range will everyone here rush to defend him that he did no wrong and was not responsible when he was just legally exercising his right?

Reno has a city ordinance that makes it a misdemeanor to carry a long gun in the downtown area as I am sure other cities do too. Concealed carry is still permitted (however, long guns are not allowed on your CCW). If anyone thinks that the police and city officials in this video won't consider enacting ordinances similar to Reno's because of this attention-seeking cockfag, then you really don't understand how forcing your political viewpoints upon others creates more problems than tolerance.

I am not saying he can't legally carry his AK downtown to his wife's work (again, the local ordinances may have changed since then and I am sure her boss appreciates him coming in with a presumed loaded weapon). I am calling him an idiot and a self righteous asshole because he is willingly putting himself and others in an unnecessary situation where the escalation of force is more likely than if he used even minor discretion (like a case or gun sock).

Edited by BuffetDestroyer

Wow. "I dont care if I scare people." Big ole case of memememe. Well cop #2 seemed cool. He sure didnt have to be. I guess thats why im not a cop, as soon as that guy took that tone I would have smashed his face into a car hood.

Legal? Sure, and should be, but common down a busy street in the middle of town? Really? Well since hes having problems getting his ccw I guess hes just taking it out on his community. Crazy? probably not, Stupid? Hell yes.

• Like 1

This is guy is no more crazy, than anyone on this forum, damn, whats that say about us here on the forum? Anyway, hes just making a point of the right to carry and people freak out, but its human nature for people to act this way, actually I think the Leo's handled it really well, I wish we had officers here that cool headed, our Leo's would have been busting caps in his ass, rights or not!

Agreed, LEO #2 did an excellent job. He explained plainly to our Hero, "Look we have got calls SO WE HAD TO CHECK IT OUT."

And then he preceded to DO NOTHING, well done LEO #2!!(not sarcasm)

Edited by Bean.223

I believe you must have never run to a 250 pound black bear on your back porch in the trash like a raccoon. It happens here in Georgia. Believe me it doesn't take a Grizzly to make you soil your linen. :cryss:

AK or handgun, I.D. or no I.D., I'm not sure it makes much difference.

I'm convinced that the intention of police, for the most part, is just to confront and harass.

If the AK was in "bad taste", then how does this taste?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqNXbqwnvuY&feature=autoplay&list=ULa29Rp7SN4XY&index=1&playnext=1

And I'm perfectly aware that there are exceptions. Even though this one is in California where they have to carry unloaded, if you must have a confrontation with an LEO this one is handled absolutely perfectly by both parties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFzH5Oe-YL4&feature=related

Edited by DogMan
  • Like 1

This actually gave me an idea, since im in a very similar circumstance. My LEO is anti gun and wont give me a permit to even buy a pistol let alone a CCW!! I was actually told my permit is being denied based on DISMISSED charges b/c it shows lack of "moral character" that i was ever charged to begin with!! WTF???

Maybe I should OC my AR and when the cops come tell them "Well officer since your dept. is denying me my constitutional right to buy a handgun, this is the only thing I can carry to defend my self!"

NC is one of the few states with the unconstitutional purchase permit system that gives local sheriffs full discretion in who gets to buy a handgun. This would be a great way of highlighting the hypocrisy of this law b/c I can buy assualt rifles but not a 6 shot revolver!! I can even own and possess a pistol, I just cant get a FUCKIN permit to buy one LEGALLY.018.gif

I think I'll call my sheriff and tell him I plan on OC'n my AR since i cant have a pistol permit. See what the asshole has to say about that!!! I would actually be afraid to do it though because this is the kind of place where you will be killed for doing that and not by an armed citizen, by the police. I say this guy is doing exactly what every gun owner should do, he is exercising his RIGHTS!! People wouldnt be worried if it were more common to see people carrying rifles. Thats what we need, not less "idiots" like him but more Patriots like him reminding people its OK to carry guns!! Certainly not more pussy gun owners who think its in "bad taste" or "not right" b/c the same ones who want to take your guns are the ones who have convinced you its not right or its in bad taste!!!

In what state do you need a permit to buy a handgun? I just want to know so i never spend any money in that state in travel/online expenses.

In Nebraska you need a permit to purchase a handgun. The handgun permit is good for three years upon approval. Open carry is legal.

Yeah you know why they don't want people recording cops, because it shatters the prefect image the liberal media presents of cops, and makes people WANT the right to carry and defend themselves, their worst nightmares

There's a million liberal funded cops shows out their, law& order and the million spin offs, CSI and the million spin offs etc, etc.

But they don't convey the simple truth, the only person you can KNOW will always have you and your family's best interest heart is God, and You!

Common sense isn't common anymore.

• Like 3

I believe you must have never run to a 250 pound black bear on your back porch in the trash like a raccoon. It happens here in Georgia. Believe me it doesn't take a Grizzly to make you soil your linen. :cryss:

Been chased out of my hot tub on the back deck by 2-300 pound black bears a couple of times, so I know what you mean. The difference is that blacks don't hunt humans; browns and grizzlies do.

This is a very old dispute; Wyatt Earp's first claim to fame was requiring the "cowboys" to check their guns on entering Dodge City. Most of the dispute in Toombstone was about the Clantons and their friends carrying in town. Really, who were the good guys at the OK Corral?

Wow. "I dont care if I scare people." Big ole case of memememe. Well cop #2 seemed cool. He sure didnt have to be. I guess thats why im not a cop, as soon as that guy took that tone I would have smashed his face into a car hood.

Legal? Sure, and should be, but common down a busy street in the middle of town? Really? Well since hes having problems getting his ccw I guess hes just taking it out on his community. Crazy? probably not, Stupid? Hell yes.

I hope your exaggerating about your reaction to being spoken to like that. It's hot heads with guns that are the cause of our problems in the first place. Bad attitudes and rash decisions are exactly what liberals try to paint gun owners as. I can understand why you don't like the idea, cause if what you said you'd do is accurate, you obviously can't control yourself. Glad to hear your not a cop, cause the last thing the world needs is another dickhead hiding behind a badge.

For some reason the hardest thing for people to differenciate is fear and respect. Being intimidating does not mean people respect you. The only way to earn respect is by behaving respectfully, being able to display selfcontrol.

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 1