OK, to be clear and up front, open carry is perfectly legal and I have no problem with it what so ever!!!

This guy grabs his Yugo, walks down the street also carrying his Video Camera AND FUN FOLLOWS!!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=176_1310452930#comment_page=2

My take, he's an idiot picking a fight....for no good reason.

Thoughts??

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look, i hate that i'm the only who who's said this yet, but guess what, you know you else open carried rifles and or pistols? just about everyone pre-1840 in any rural community, and just because you

normally i would agree this is in extremly bad taste and the guy is a idiot , but ibielieve there are some extenuating circumstances here , as far as the guy carrying a camera ,he,s not he has a iphon

Ya know, DogMan, now I get the feeling that you're trying to start shit. Boise PD shot and killed a 14-year-old kid who was carrying a rifle a couple years ago. Was the kid not listening to the offi

He's a one man show trying to change social attitudes and force the police state to acknowledge his rights. The sad thing is that if he did change the social attitudes for regular people the control freak types would campaign and coerce a law to interfere with those rights and his plan would backfire.

I find it deplorable that you need a permit to exercise your right to protest (assembly). I like how the cop tries to catch him with that by asking " are you trying to make a point"?

People should be more afraid of the way idiots drive. They put more of us and our familes at risk than anybody open carring a weapon. Is it some how less dangerous when you can't see it?

The man is exercising his rights. Rights are alot like brains and muscels...if you don't exercize them you'll eventually lose them.

If there is a problem with anything he is doing, maybe it should be illegal. But it's not, so I'm reminded of the phrase "The law is the law. If you don't like the law, have it changed, otherwise be quiet". I don't know if the guy is an idiot or not, and I don't care because if an idiot can't exercise his rights, then neither can you or me.

What a Dumb ASS!!! It guys like him that make people uneasy about guns. I want to punch him in the face, yes it's your right but only in good taste. I see a guy carrying an rifle down the road ya I would want to have him checked out.

ETA: I agree that he is pushing the issue by carrying a camera just to see what the cops would do and get his rocks off at people looking at him.

People are uneasy about guns because they are ignorant about them. Many of us who were raised around guns and handling them from childhood have never had any sort of inclination to play with a real gun because they were demystified to us from an early age. Thats hardly the case anymore. My opinion is he brought the camra simply as a personal defense aginst fictious claims of brandishing and threatening behavior. Maybe it's not good taste, but only because we've allowed ourselves to be come overly pussified afriad to stand up for our rights because "we might get hassled".How long before concealed carrying isn't "in good taste"?

• Like 3

Up in the U.P, I can see this. However, Houghton is an exception. It's a sleepy college town (Michigan Tech) and remembering the recent college shootings, I can see how people could be scared. I do think that college professors and students should be allowed to carry, but that is unrelated. I just think that if you are going to open carry, don't carry it in your hands, have it on a sling. It is your right to hold it, but don't expect to not be watched and talked to.

It's a tough subject, and I just think that if you are going to open carry, do it for a reason and don't make yourself look suspicious.

• Like 1

don't make yourself look suspicious.

By carrying a camera when you do it.

You never know. Maybe the guy is so crazy he wants to see him shooting someone up on film later.

What a Dumb ASS!!! It guys like him that make people uneasy about guns. I want to punch him in the face, yes it's your right but only in good taste. I see a guy carrying an rifle down the road ya I would want to have him checked out.

ETA: I agree that he is pushing the issue by carrying a camera just to see what the cops would do and get his rocks off at people looking at him.

Agreed, IN THE LEAST, the whole stunt is in bad taste. Then again, he has a pretty nice AK, apparently a nice Camera, WHY THE FUCK IS HE WALKING IN WINTER?? Sell the rifle and camera and FIX YOUR CAR!! :haha:

• Like 1

Look, i hate that i'm the only who who's said this yet, but guess what, you know you else open carried rifles and or pistols? just about everyone pre-1840 in any rural community, and just because you can't afford a car doesn't mean you should have to be without your rifle, ITS AMERICA not Stalinist Russia and the mans a patriot and brave to boot.

Open carried rifles make you less safe? if everyone had a rifle on their back, i guarante crime would plummet. police shouldn't be the deterrent for crime, YOU should be, and everyone else.

Paramilitary are unconstitutional, police officers are therefore citizens, if they as citizens are allowed to open carry, then you also as a citizen are allowed to open carry. if they are carrying in a state where citizens are not allowed to, they are an unlawful paramilitary force, because they have been "extra rights" as are those serving in the military, unless acting on behalf of the governor under martial law. in the early days of the police there was an outrage on them being armed, now its patriotic to support the local paramilitary(Jefferson and the boys are rolling in their graves), i don't dislike the men that are police and they do good work, but if they are going to be gun grabbers, well then that's another story

But that's just the difference between faith in the government and their police and the Constitution and the Individual. they really aren't very compatible

Edited by Joebanks
  • Like 13

It's acceptible in the confines of a gun show, where everybody carries and nobody even thinks twice about it, but it's shameful to show it in public. Gun owners afraid to come out of the closet?

But why is it that it's acceptable in a gun show and nobody thinks twice about it? Because it's not unusual. It shouldn't be unusual for anybody to be legally carrying a firearm openly anywhere else either, but it is. It's unusual to see because the public has an irrational fear of openly carried guns, and they have an irrational fear of openly carried guns because it's unusual to see. That's the big viscous cycle of irrational fear that we're in and the general public, the police, and people who think this guy is just a dumbass are all complicit in ensuring this cycle keeps going around and around.

Oh, and "Shameful"? What I just described is what's shameful, not a man legally exercising his rights.

Edited by DogMan
  • Like 4

I have nothing against open carry, I do it sometimes. What I'm saying is that you see a guy walking down the side of the road with a gun and a video camera in winter time, I would suspected something. The cops were cool and he turned it into an argument. The way he went about things and the way he acted was in bad taste.

• Like 1

It's BS he is walking down the road with an AK on his back and a video camera. He is only doing it to get his rocks off. He is an Idiot.

By carrying a camera when you do it.

Agreed, IN THE LEAST, the whole stunt is in bad taste. Then again, he has a pretty nice AK, apparently a nice Camera, WHY THE FUCK IS HE WALKING IN WINTER?? Sell the rifle and camera and FIX YOUR CAR!! :haha:

normally i would agree this is in extremly bad taste and the guy is a idiot , but ibielieve there are some extenuating circumstances here , as far as the guy carrying a camera ,he,s not he has a iphone that operates as a camera but doesnt make it obvious that he filming at all . he,s even pointing it at the ground for most of the video , in this situation its actually very smart to have some sort of documentaion of events . he,s walking to his wifes work to retreve his car , these economic times dont always allow for every one to have thier own car , and im sure he wasnt going to make his wife walk to work in 40 degree weather , instead let her take his and was retrieving it at his convience . he has by the officers admission applied for a ccw and for one reason or another is getting the run around , so for him concealed carry would be against the law , what would you do if youre ccw was taken away but open carry was still legal , would you give up youre right to be accountable and responsible for the saftey of youreself and youre loved ones , or would you open carry , an ak maybe a little extreme but a pistol with some knock down would be a must .that means no .380 and no 9mm ,s . this guy walked down the road for for what 10 12 minutes before the cops showed up ? how long does it take for sombody to stop and rob you at gun point ,knife point etc or just beat you into a retard with a baseball bat ? he certainly wouldnt be the first guy killed on the side of the road in broad daylight for no apperant reason at all . maybe they should give a little more attention to this guys ccw , any charge that would disqualify him for a ccw should also disqualify him for open carry "felony" or aggravated domestic abouse or whatever its called . ive read a few qoutes on this forum that i really think apply to this situation , " a armed society is a polite society " " those that would give up thier libery for saftey deserve niether " "i choose to carry a pistol beacause i cant carry a cop " just my honest opinion :2c:

• Like 6

The only thing that is shameful or idiotic about what happened in the video was that attitude of the police.

Adam might want to work on some better responses to a few of the questions the cops had for him, however.

Amen to Dogman and Joebanks

• Like 1

It's BS he is walking down the road with an AK on his back and a video camera. He is only doing it to get his rocks off. He is an Idiot.

JMHO: still his right to do. Still legal.

This country was born of a violent revolution from those who did not recognise the basic right to bear arms. Those states that allow open carry simply show the roots of where this country comes from.

Violent criminals don't go down the road generaly with cameras waiting for the cops to harass them for legaly using their rights. Yes the cops have every right to respond to that call, and check him. The lecture I believe is a bit much.

I had $2k worth of CDs stolen from me, and had the cops taking the report lecture me about how Lamb of god "seemed blasphemous". Not relevent. Its their job to find my stolen property, not lecture me about their religious beliefs.

Law Enforcement Officers, or the more polite Officers of the Peace may enforce the rules without getting too crazy and violating rights.

You're all right guys! fuck this guy! what a dumb asshole! we need more laws! i mean thats what got this guy in the position he is today....ignorance.

100 years ago we would have totally called the cops on some one that open carried a weapon. :rolleyes:

Save the sheep, stop open carry. Right?

• Like 1

This actually gave me an idea, since im in a very similar circumstance. My LEO is anti gun and wont give me a permit to even buy a pistol let alone a CCW!! I was actually told my permit is being denied based on DISMISSED charges b/c it shows lack of "moral character" that i was ever charged to begin with!! WTF???

Maybe I should OC my AR and when the cops come tell them "Well officer since your dept. is denying me my constitutional right to buy a handgun, this is the only thing I can carry to defend my self!"

NC is one of the few states with the unconstitutional purchase permit system that gives local sheriffs full discretion in who gets to buy a handgun. This would be a great way of highlighting the hypocrisy of this law b/c I can buy assualt rifles but not a 6 shot revolver!! I can even own and possess a pistol, I just cant get a FUCKIN permit to buy one LEGALLY.018.gif

I think I'll call my sheriff and tell him I plan on OC'n my AR since i cant have a pistol permit. See what the asshole has to say about that!!! I would actually be afraid to do it though because this is the kind of place where you will be killed for doing that and not by an armed citizen, by the police. I say this guy is doing exactly what every gun owner should do, he is exercising his RIGHTS!! People wouldnt be worried if it were more common to see people carrying rifles. Thats what we need, not less "idiots" like him but more Patriots like him reminding people its OK to carry guns!! Certainly not more pussy gun owners who think its in "bad taste" or "not right" b/c the same ones who want to take your guns are the ones who have convinced you its not right or its in bad taste!!!

This actually gave me an idea, since im in a very similar circumstance. My LEO is anti gun and wont give me a permit to even buy a pistol let alone a CCW!! I was actually told my permit is being denied based on DISMISSED charges b/c it shows lack of "moral character" that i was ever charged to begin with!! WTF???

Maybe I should OC my AR and when the cops come tell them "Well officer since your dept. is denying me my constitutional right to buy a handgun, this is the only thing I can carry to defend my self!"

NC is one of the few states with the unconstitutional purchase permit system that gives local sheriffs full discretion in who gets to buy a handgun. This would be a great way of highlighting the hypocrisy of this law b/c I can buy assualt rifles but not a 6 shot revolver!! I can even own and possess a pistol, I just cant get a FUCKIN permit to buy one LEGALLY.018.gif

I think I'll call my sheriff and tell him I plan on OC'n my AR since i cant have a pistol permit. See what the asshole has to say about that!!! I would actually be afraid to do it though because this is the kind of place where you will be killed for doing that and not by an armed citizen, by the police. I say this guy is doing exactly what every gun owner should do, he is exercising his RIGHTS!! People wouldnt be worried if it were more common to see people carrying rifles. Thats what we need, not less "idiots" like him but more Patriots like him reminding people its OK to carry guns!! Certainly not more pussy gun owners who think its in "bad taste" or "not right" b/c the same ones who want to take your guns are the ones who have convinced you its not right or its in bad taste!!!

In what state do you need a permit to buy a handgun? I just want to know so i never spend any money in that state in travel/online expenses.

Edited by Joebanks