Ten gauge was pretty much rendered obsolete by the advent of the 3.5" 12 gauge magnum.

Perhaps you could get one in 3.5" chambering, thus allowing for 2.75" fun and training, and full house magnums when you need them?

yea, i will end up doing that, but id rather have 10 gauge

Get a 2 guage!! :)

haha 2 gauge. arent those the ones that have so much recoil you need to prop them against the ground cause if you shoulder it, it may break your bones?

sounds like fun!!

somebody once said, if its worth doing, its worth totally overdoing. lol

haha 2 gauge. arent those the ones that have so much recoil you need to prop them against the ground cause if you shoulder it, it may break your bones?

sounds like fun!!

Nah you can shoulder them (so I've seen) but not for any extended period of time. I think they push something like a 3500gr slug so the recoil will not be fun.

I remember reading about a guy back in the late 1800s who was a big proponent of that caliber. He did a lot of hunting in Africa. If I remember correctly he ended up getting nerve damage from prolonged exposure to that recoil!!!

Edited by Arik

sounds like fun!!

Nah you can shoulder them (so I've seen) but not for any extended period of time. I think they push something like a 3500gr slug so the recoil will not be fun.

I remember reading about a guy back in the late 1800s who was a big proponent of that caliber. He did a lot of hunting in Africa. If I remember correctly he ended up getting nerve damage from prolonged exposure to that recoil!!!

yea i can only imagine what the recoil would feel like for a 2 gauge. honestly i prefer huge recoil on handguns rather than rifles. but id be willing to take it for the sake of seeing huge shotgun blasts. thats crazy about that guy getting nerve damage though.

Single shots can be had pretty cheap. Doubles in shooting condition usually cost $$$$. Still, you might get lucky.

This one's a Pedro Gorosabel. Spanish.

Know why I bought the 10 GA double? Because I couldn't find an 8 GA!

Single shots can be had pretty cheap. Doubles in shooting condition usually cost $$. Still, you might get lucky.

This one's a Pedro Gorosabel. Spanish.

Know why I bought the 10 GA double? Because I couldn't find an 8 GA!

8 gauge!! damn i hadnt even thought about that. apparently ammunition for that caliber is damn near impossible to find though.

but still, thats one very impressive round

IMG_1788.jpg

Eh, I wouldn't bother. 10 gauge is fun for a bit, then when you have to start paying for lots of ammo, it will wear you down. Over a buck a shot and a large amount of recoil doesn't really do it for me. I know what you're saying though, it could be fun. The funny thing is that 10 gauge is the first real gun I shot. Blew itself right out of my hands.

The buckshot/slug is not that much more impressive than 12. Just louder and more recoil. I'd get a nicer 12 before I got a 10.

I have an Ithaca MAG-10 Roadblocker semi-auto.It is a hoot with 00Buck..

i can imagine man, that is a very nice gun!!

Mag10Roadbloacker.jpg

I wish i owned one. i dont know what it is, but ive always been fascinated by shotguns. the more power the better!!

Eh, I wouldn't bother. 10 gauge is fun for a bit, then when you have to start paying for lots of ammo, it will wear you down. Over a buck a shot and a large amount of recoil doesn't really do it for me. I know what you're saying though, it could be fun. The funny thing is that 10 gauge is the first real gun I shot. Blew itself right out of my hands.

The buckshot/slug is not that much more impressive than 12. Just louder and more recoil. I'd get a nicer 12 before I got a 10.

yea theres that aspect of it too. ammo would be very expensive. I intend to eventually get into reloading though. that kind of thing is ideal for shooting lots of large caliber ammunition.

I have a Winchester 1887 lever action 10ga.

Since it was made in the mid 1890s, it's blackpowder only. I load my own for it.

It is quite a bit of fun to shoot, though.

very nice firearm. thats a piece of history!! i can only imagine how much it would cost to buy one of those now.

I have an Ithaca MAG-10 Roadblocker semi-auto.It is a hoot with 00Buck..

i can imagine man, that is a very nice gun!!

I wish i owned one. i dont know what it is, but ive always been fascinated by shotguns. the more power the better!!

It is nice, the Park has seen better days. It was be nice if they held more than 3 rds

Roadblocker2.jpg