I'm not a city kid. I grew up in the sticks and I know how it takes a village to raise a child. It was just food for thought before you start racking up a body count.

I get it, and I assure you, no one here (hopefully) wants to kill a "kid". But what are you going to do when you have 50 teenagers ready to stomp a mudhole in your face? Call their parents and see why they're not parenting their kids the correct way? I know the age ranges vary quite a bit in these attacks, but just for an example; there's a video linked in a related story in the OP's link. It shows full grown boys rushing a guy walking down the street. These aren't little kids who you can shoo away with your hand. Also, I'm not sure on other states, but down here in SC, at 17 years old, you're legally an adult. You commit crimes, you go to big-boy prison.

Fauxknight has it right; the powers that be should be putting up warnings on the news to these "kids". "Keep it up, and someone's going to shoot you dead, and they'll be 100% within the law". As opposed to saying how "sad" it is that people are arming themselves against violent attacks. How fucking backwards can you get???

Shooter, you have me all wrong. I'm not saying it's sad, we have the right to be armed, I sure as hell am. I'm not saying call their parents either, I was trying to point out what the root of the situation might be. Apparently I stepped on some toes, I was merely trying to further the discussion.

No worries. I guess I misunderstood your post.

No doubt parenting (or lack thereof) is one of many factors in this situation.

sadly, we are reaping what has been sown by the cultural communists for sixty+ years. i doubt that there will ever be a backlash. most Caucasians will cower, tremble, and accept whatever happens to them. the worst of these crimes are not even reported outside of the immediate area. this just involved too many people.

hordes of zombies are probably not going to happen, but this whole flash mob thing is for real. The question is will it spill out of the cities and into neighborhoods. Twenty guys breaking down your door randomly is a scary thought. I guess that's why they make 30 round mags.

"Fauxknight has it right; the powers that be should be putting up warnings on the news to these "kids". "Keep it up, and someone's going to shoot you dead, and they'll be 100% within the law". As opposed to saying how "sad" it is that people are arming themselves against violent attacks. How fucking backwards can you get???"

Based on, evident, consistent, LE public relations, I am of the opinion that the emphasis is fully intentional and a matter of policy, because they are more resistant to yourself as an independent and armed individual, than they are about common criminals, who are merely job security for them and do not realistically threaten their power.

• Like 1

hordes of zombies are probably not going to happen, but this whole flash mob thing is for real.

...but Thriller flash mobs are hordes of zombies.

If anyone has been paying attention to the non-violent flash mobs that have been happeneing for the last few years, you'll note that the police never liked them. Even if it is just a 'pillow fight' flash mob, the situation of having a bunch of emotionally charged, also usually young, people together is ripe for one miscreant to make things go south. This is where a lot of the sports games riots come from. Around here you always hear before a home game about what kind of police presence is going to be down on the OSU campus, and afterwards you find if they had to use tear gas this week or not...and of course theres always a burning couch.

Now at least in the situation of a sports game you can predict the time, the location, and about how many officers you need. With a flash mob you have no idea when or where one is going to happend and whether it will go bad or not.

The question is will it spill out of the cities and into neighborhoods. Twenty guys breaking down your door randomly is a scary thought. I guess that's why they make 30 round mags.

Fortunately residential areas seem mostly immune, unless they are on the extremes of low or high end neighborhoods, low because thats where these groups often gather and high because those are good looting targets. Though most of these groups pick nice public places, and in the case of the London mobs they were specifically picking stores they wanted to rob. I'm glad I live in a middle-low neighborhood without a lot of local kids, and no major stores too close. Either way if a mob does attack my residence I'm either home where I'm more than well enough armed, or I'm not at home and my place gets vandalized (hopefully they would take the TV/computer but would be unable to get into the gun safe and arm themselves), but at least I stay safe. The real issue I have is on the road or at work, thats where a CCW comes into play.

Edited by fauxknight
  • Like 1

I just wonder how long it'll be before this shit starts happening somewhere close to me... Like Louisville KY... I can't carry concealed there as far as I know. Pretty sure they are an open carry only state.

Kentucky is indeed an open carry state. Anyone who is entitled to own a gun can carry it openly. Kentucky is also a "Shall Issue" state. Anyone who is entitled and files the paperwork will be issued a permit to carry a concealed deadly weapon.

Kentucky honors EVERY other states concealed carry permit; none of this "if'n you don't honor ours, we ain't gonna honor yours" bullshit. If you have a concealed carry permit from any state, it's good to go in Kentucky ... just be sure to be aware of and uphold the state laws about where you can and cannot carry.

I just wonder how long it'll be before this shit starts happening somewhere close to me... Like Louisville KY... I can't carry concealed there as far as I know. Pretty sure they are an open carry only state.

Kentucky is indeed an open carry state. Anyone who is entitled to own a gun can carry it openly. Kentucky is also a "Shall Issue" state. Anyone who is entitled and files the paperwork will be issued a permit to carry a concealed deadly weapon.

Kentucky honors EVERY other states concealed carry permit; none of this "if'n you don't honor ours, we ain't gonna honor yours" bullshit. If you have a concealed carry permit from any state, it's good to go in Kentucky ... just be sure to be aware of and uphold the state laws about where you can and cannot carry.

One thing I'm very happy about Michigan is, we have full reciprocity with all but 12 States/DC. Looks like we are going to get Wisconsin soon as well.

http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/d_ccwrec.asp

One thing I'm very happy about Michigan is, we have full reciprocity with all but 12 States/DC. Looks like we are going to get Wisconsin soon as well.

http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/d_ccwrec.asp

I'm not down there a tremendous amount but it's nice to know I'm legal when I do go to see family or perform!

Flash mobs are not what these are, they are people rioting, plain and simple, and its just political correctness trying to apply a term for somewhat intelligent yuppies doing stupid shit, to a bunch of black kids rioting.

It dumbs down the crime, and trys to place the blame on the ability of cell phones to coordinate the actions, when, one occurred locally here, it was 3000 plus black people who had been at a church festival of all things, and when it let out, they just left as a mob, and went to tearing shit up.

Just like one of the London rioters said, "We are showing rich people and the police, that we can do whatever we want".

And, rich people just happen to own businesses, and be any other color, than black.

Its not racist to point out what the truth is, but no black on white crime, can ever be called racist, because blacks hold the "Race Card" to play at any time, and everyone else, doesn't.

• Like 1

And if whitey shoots one of these "Kids" then whitey is a racist neo-nazi right-wing extremist religious zealot.

You think this shit isn't being orchestrated just for that purpose?

They tried incredibly hard during the Tea Party rallies to incite 'Anything' that could be spun wrongly.

They went so far as to flat out lie, about people spitting and calling nigger/gay... strange no pics video ever came to light.

Now this, you can bet your last dollar that they will hang the first law abiding citizen who legally/justifiably uses a firearm to defend themselves or another against these young thugs.

"We told you so!" they'll scream.

Flash mobs are not what these are, they are people rioting, plain and simple, and its just political correctness trying to apply a term for somewhat intelligent yuppies doing stupid shit, to a bunch of black kids rioting.

It dumbs down the crime, and trys to place the blame on the ability of cell phones to coordinate the actions, when, one occurred locally here, it was 3000 plus black people who had been at a church festival of all things, and when it let out, they just left as a mob, and went to tearing shit up.

Its not racist to point out what the truth is, but no black on white crime, can ever be called racist, because blacks hold the "Race Card" to play at any time, and everyone else, doesn't.

Amen, preach it.... We're the choir, but preach it anyways.

• Like 1

One of my wife's friends posted this on her Facebook as a response to these Flash mobs. I thought it was pretty funny. To bad this isn't the cure for these kids and people are having to result to more deadly means. If their parents had followed the age old tried and true biblical remedy (see parenthesis below) we might not be having these problems in our society.

"Let's start a flash mob of GROWN UPS roaming around the city with belts; any teenager we see out of line just start whipping on them. Doing drive-by whoopings!!! Just drive up to a teenager, jump out of the car & start tearing their behinds up, Old School Style!!! Didn't .. I .. tell .. you .. not .. to .. be .. in .. the .. streets .. acting .. like .. you .. weren't .. raised .. better!!! *Repost if you down cause I'm all in! (SPARE THE ROD, SPOIL THE CHILD) Lets Get It!"

• Like 2

The English writer Max Hastings referred to the rioters there as "feral humans." It is a very apt description of a huge portion of both the British and our population. These are people who have lost all indicia of civilization and domestication and will eventually have to be hunted down since basically all they can do is fight and fuck.

Edited by Black3

The English writer Max Hastings referred to the rioters there as "feral humans." It is a very apt description of a huge portion of both the British and our population. These are people who have lost all indicia of civilization and domestication and will eventually have to be hunted down since basically all they can do is fight and fuck.

I think it's an accurate description. Radio personality Andrew Wilkow calls the type "feral zombie looters", those who are driven purely by id. They don't know where the things they desire come from, they just want them.

I think these reports are using the name "flash mob" erroneously. Flash mobs should only consist of gathering of people and doing silly and stupid thing that DO NOT involve violence or people that are not involved in it and then quick dispersal upon finishing the routine.

What this story tells are more like "Flash rob" or "Smart Mobs" that usually have some kind of motivation and goal behind it like robbing, protests etc.

I personally don't see anything wrong with people meeting in a place and at a set time start smacking each other with pillows or dance around...having a free for all riot with looting is whole another story; but I still think "Flash Mob" terminology is used wrongly here just like "assault weapon" = evil.

Hello

Us being pissed-off is just reactionary.

To see how far behind the curve we are, just examine the State and especially Federal "Hate Crime" legislation.

They are essentially protected while performing their thuggery.

What we need to get our arms around, is that "they" are the victims here.

Now, won't you feel so much more benevolent as your wife/daughter is pummelled by a gang of quasi-literate oxygen-wasters, and you're left helpless to do anything about it?

That's why we have laws and legislators, 'cause we're a Country built on freedom and understanding......

Lock n' load,

"God Loves Liberty"

-guido