I'm a fat guy and want to complain about the wreckless violence perpatraded against the twinkies...lmao

Also could we classify a twinkie as an AK supressor...sounded a lot quieter for first few shot...lol

Edited by DJ Big Dog
  • Like 1

I love it! Maybe call this the zombieland test? the whole movie was a search for a damn twinkie.

Wonder how it would do with the coconut in a snowball though? :unsure:

army-motivational-poster.jpg

Pvt. Pyle, is that you? :unsure:

I felt that way sometimes after a few packs of MRE peanut butter. :lol:

could have had it up and running a lot quicker.

SPORTS

Slap Pull Observe Release Tap Squeeze

1. Slaps gently upward on the magazine to ensure it is fully seated, and the magazine follower is not jammed.
  2. Pulls the charging handle fully to the rear.
  3. Observes for the ejection of a live round or expended cartridge. (If the weapon fails to eject a cartridge, perform remedial action.)
  4. Releases the charging handle (do not ride it forward).
  5. Taps the forward assist assembly to ensure bolt closure.
  6. Squeezes the trigger and tries to fire the rifle.

Edited by storm6490

SPORTS

1. Slaps gently upward on the magazine to ensure it is fully seated, and the magazine follower is not jammed.
  3. Observes for the ejection of a live round or expended cartridge. (If the weapon fails to eject a cartridge, perform remedial action.)

All of this while someone with an AK is shooting at you.

No thanks.

• Like 1

I'm not one to get into an AR VS AK debate as they are both amazing pieces of engineering and have there place but DAMN,I never would have guessed the AK would function. Does it have something to do with the AK having so much space around the carrier near the trunnion? Probably just pushed it above and below the bolt...

• Like 1

I'm not one to get into an AR VS AK debate as they are both amazing pieces of engineering and have there place but DAMN,I never would have guessed the AK would function. Does it have something to do with the AK having so much space around the carrier near the trunnion? Probably just pushed it above and below the bolt...

BINGO! Around here some of us call that having "generous clearances". Its the most impressive aspect of the AK-platform IMHO. Having a piston-driven vs. direct impingement system doesn't hurt either.

To the OP:

I thoroughly enjoyed this comparison! After watching these vids, I now understand what Chris Costa meant here (It was a warning for AR-guys):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmzHUiFrEjI

Edited by Kevin in Texas
  • Like 2

Actually being DI it probably filled the space in the AR carrier pretty badly along with the locking lugs. I'd like to see this tried on a piston AR as well,get a true comparison. Like I said though,both have there places. I'd trust a nice AR with my life as I would with a good quality AK...

SPORTS

No thanks.

takes about a second to do. instinctual after time. i still dont like the m16 but you can get it to operate after a jam pretty easy.

SPORTS

No thanks.

takes about a second to do. instinctual after time. i still dont like the m16 but you can get it to operate after a jam pretty easy.

I have been using SPORTS for years. Only because the US Military insists on using an mechanically inferior design.

That's why I prefer the AK for my personal weapons. I have never needed SPORTS for an AK.

S- SHIT!

P- PISS!

O- OH MY GOD!

R- REALLY?

T- THIS IS TOO MUCH!

S- SCREW THIS SHIT!

• Like 3

Decided to throw a twinkie into the action to see how it does...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20kSnuFLQok&list=PLABCC76CEFC3929F4&index=8&feature=plcp

Then tried it in the AR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KXiySQpSMM&feature=related

I think we can clearly see which rifle won..

You should edit these back to back in one video and re upload, I can do that for you if you wish.

Edited by JaySaiga-12

I would like to do them side by side (with the videos synced from the point where the mag was inserted into the firearms) .. then maybe loop in some AK firing and reloads to show how devastating a malfunction like that could be while under fire.. I know you will/should never encounter a twinkie.. But still

I would like to do them side by side (with the videos synced from the point where the mag was inserted into the firearms) .. then maybe loop in some AK firing and reloads to show how devastating a malfunction like that could be while under fire.. I know you will/should never encounter a twinkie.. But still

Yeah it's an unlikely scenario but still...But yeah man I can totally do that you don't even need to send me the footage I can grab it off YouTube and edit and give it to you on here or through email and let you re-upload.

Yeah it's an unlikely scenario but still...But yeah man I can totally do that you don't even need to send me the footage I can grab it off YouTube and edit and give it to you on here or through email and let you re-upload.

If you want to do that then hell yeah!! Do you know of any free/inexpensive video editing software that would allow me to do HD videos? My movie maker wont allow anything over 480.