slide fire stock

I have one, used it for my AK74 Bulgy build. Great fun, easy to learn (1 magazine). Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it will go on my Saiga-12 without doing some modification where the rear tang is. If you have cut your rear tang it will work. It needs to have a hole where the grip nut goes to work, the DIY ones won't work with it without some additional modification.

Here's mine, my brother shooting it for the first time...

It is as useful as any full auto. You use bursts, which is easy to control with this stock. Yes it seems a bit cheap and it is ugly. But it works. BTW I ordered one of the more expensive Fostech Bumpskis which at least you see the machine work in. I think it will work with the S12, we shall see.

With the AK74 at 10 cents a shot mag dumps are fun and not that expensive.

I think the rear tang is not that critical to the stock because you can use the front screw.

• Like 1

I have one, used it for my AK74 Bulgy build. Great fun, easy to learn (1 magazine). Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it will go on my Saiga-12 without doing some modification where the rear tang is. If you have cut your rear tang it will work. It needs to have a hole where the grip nut goes to work, the DIY ones won't work with it without some additional modification.

Here's mine, my brother shooting it for the first time...

http://youtu.be/eXU3-H0jaSA

Am I the only one who found it flimsy feeling and cheaply made..especially for a $300 part?

Dont go converting just to use the Slide Fire.......Trust me........something is on the way that works great and looks like it belongs on a firearm. Thats all I can say right now. The lawyers are researching the patents now......STAY TUNED

Scott

I tried to put one on my s 12 and it would have needed to have the tang modified or a hole drilled through the receiver to attach it. I was not impressed with the quality either. The ar stock is durable and rugged. This thing has flimsy parts that look like they should be made out of metal so they might survive better. I think ill go with a bumpski its a bit more expensive but they are made to fit on the s 12, as per fostec. Though it would be nice to see a well built and less expensive alternative to either of the two.

Im not trying to put down the slide fire stock, but if anyone has seen the bumpski stock in youtube vids, it looks to function smoother than the slide fire, less muzzle climb and less recoil and less vibration. Then again I am just going by the Youtube videos, but in my opinion if I am shelling out $300 I might as well shell out another $150 and buy something that looks way better than the slidefire stock and is designed too look like a normalish AK stock.

I get both the slidefire guys and the bumpski people are trying to recoop their $$$$$ asap. but being that this is more a niche product and relatively new these guys are pricing out most people that are willing to pay for a mod to their guns in the first place especially since you can buy a whole new saige for the cost of the bumpski. if each of these guys bumped a $100 from their price tags i'd bet they would generate much more serious interest rather then kids that want to look at the toys.