Finished my 030 clone

Thanks guys!

Very nice!!! I cannot wait until mine come together smile.png

1) What finish did you use?

2) Which muzzle break it that? Izzy or MD Arms?

3) Which reduced recoil spring?

PS. Lock your gas tube down smile.png

I used matte Duracoat and the brake is from MD Arms. I don't remember the poundage, but the recoil spring is from a Kimber 1911 I used to own.

....Oh, and the gas tube lever is real tight on this gun so I'm giving the Duracoat time to cure before I latch it. I've put 100 rounds through it and it hasn't come loose though. smile.png

Beautiful!

My 030 just came in today!! Still looking for a front latch, though, before embarking on the conversion.

How do you get the lower fore grip off?

Remove the upper cover and use a soft hammer if needed to slip retainer forward.

My gun is itching to get converted. Which stock should I use?unsure.png

This a Legion IZ-443?

Are they imported to the US like that?

And are those Izhmash stocks???

It's a 433.

I ordered it from LegionUSA, direct. I coulda saved a bit ordering it from someplace else, but I didn't do my shopping. It comes as you see it, Fudd stocked. It gets converted by them if you want, but I like to have it done close to factory, and their conversion is not like I want it. Yes, those are Izhmash stocks. The poly one I got from Kvar, the other one from an AR15 member who listed a couple. They are hard to find and way expensive. money.gif

Edited by vicdoc
  • Like 1

IMG_4777.jpg

It looks more natural with the poly stock. More AK like. ( AK on steroids )

Mine is going the way of poly stock.

Edited by red_cedar

It's a 433.

I ordered it from LegionUSA, direct. I coulda saved a bit ordering it from someplace else, but I didn't do my shopping. It comes as you see it, Fudd stocked. It gets converted by them if you want, but I like to have it done close to factory, and their conversion is not like I want it. Yes, those are Izhmash stocks. The poly one I got from Kvar, the other one from an AR15 member who listed a couple. They are hard to find and way expensive. money.gif

meant 433. Who else has these shotguns? they are all so awesome.

How could you put yourself to the task of buying both stocks and choosing only one? You must buy another Saiga 12 now ohmy.png

I've seen versions at Atlantic, and I found one on GB, as well as cheaper than dirt, in the $1100 to $1150 range. I spend a bit more getting mine from LegionUSA.

As far as buying both stocks, it was a matter of indecision. I can try one or the other. Then I hope to have the discipline to avoid buying another gun to pair up with the orphaned stock.what.gif

Edited by vicdoc
  • Like 1

I've seen versions at Atlantic, and I found one on GB, as well as cheaper than dirt, in the $1100 to $1150 range. I spend a bit more getting mine from LegionUSA.

As far as buying both stocks, it was a matter of indecision. I can try one or the other. Then I hope to have the discipline to avoid buying another gun to pair up with the orphaned stock.what.gif

I'm going with both buttstocks. I guess in the end it boils down to which one is most comfortable for you.

IMG_4777.jpg

Use both....just tap out the pin and replace!!

Exactly.

IMG_4777.jpg

Depends on you.

I'd prefer plastic, because military version of Saiga-12 called KS-K has the plastic stock. More original.

Topicstarter has the best variant of S-12.

This is a blog of russian officer (special anti-terrorist forces). He has good photos of 18,5KS-K.

http://translate.goo...om%2F17997.html

Big pictures of KS-K:

http://foto.mail.ru/...otoshooter/1161

Sorry for bad English.

Edited by kamyak
  • Like 1

Depends on you.

I'd prefer plastic, because military version of Saiga-12 called KS-K has the plastic stock. More original.

Topicstarter has the best variant of S-12.

This is a blog of russian officer (special anti-terrorist forces). He has good photos of 18,5KS-K.

http://translate.goo...om%2F17997.html

Big pictures of KS-K:

http://foto.mail.ru/...otoshooter/1161

Sorry for bad English.

thanks for the pictures, I am going to own one of these one day. No night vision optic though haha. interesting scope.

what unit is that 'russian officer' from?

Edited by Foxtrot Oscar