Slide Fire S12 (Full Auto)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, that old man needs to learn how to hold an S-12...

Mostly he brags and grunts and gives himself nicknames without doing anything interesting with guns. So my interest drops.

Hey now, you know that if you did that beside me and then called me a homo-queer, I'd go get my target and while you're looking at the outcome of your spray and pray I'd just cover up my grouping with

Uh.. guys. I don't know that just "making your own" in your garage or whatever is the greatest of ideas, unless you just use it on very secluded, private land.

Before you make anything similar, you better at the least send in the design info etc to the damnable BATFE and get an approval letter that you can show local law enforcement when they "take an interest" in all that "full-auto fire" the good citizens of wherever the fuck you live were concerned about. Better not make it too similar either, else you're guilty of patent infringement.

Otherwise, please be sure to drop us a line from the pokey, and let us know how your defense is coming along, trial dates, etc. wink.png

You can't just send in a letter, you have to send in the device to the tech branch for evaluation. how do I know? The BATF has had mine for 6 months....any day now.

Cool. Let us know how it turns out.

And I do like what you said above post-apocalyptic, acually very wise! One should be careful about things others don't understand. Just be careful and well informed.

Even if it functions exactly like approved existing models? i.e. the ones CSSPecs and others made.

As near as I could tell, the only thing unique to other prior desingns on the slide fire models, is the finger rest, and the locking knob.

You wanna potentially sit in jail for a few days while they figure that out? Cause I don't. ;)

Well since we are showing MG's

M2 carbine mag dump.

th_MVI_0077.jpg

West Hurley dump

th_MVI_0086.jpg

I have a metric shit ton more but you get the idea why I say the slidefire is not for me.

Also if you just make one slide fire and it's not for profit there isn't any copy write infringement. That only comes into play when you start selling them.

As far as legal trouble that can happen with any firearm. just takes the wrong fucktard to stir the pot.

I once had a lady call the state police and accuse me of shooting her cows.

When the police got there they could clearly see the cows were 180 degrees behind me apologized and left.

Edited by armalite_ar50

Uh.. guys. I don't know that just "making your own" in your garage or whatever is the greatest of ideas, unless you just use it on very secluded, private land.

Before you make anything similar, you better at the least send in the design info etc to the damnable BATFE and get an approval letter that you can show local law enforcement when they "take an interest" in all that "full-auto fire" the good citizens of wherever the fuck you live were concerned about. Better not make it too similar either, else you're guilty of patent infringement.

Otherwise, please be sure to drop us a line from the pokey, and let us know how your defense is coming along, trial dates, etc. wink.png

You can't just send in a letter, you have to send in the device to the tech branch for evaluation. how do I know? The BATF has had mine for 6 months....any day now.

Cool. Let us know how it turns out.

And I do like what you said above post-apocalyptic, acually very wise! One should be careful about things others don't understand. Just be careful and well informed.

Even if it functions exactly like approved existing models? i.e. the ones Csspecs and others made.

As near as I could tell, the only thing unique to other prior desingns on the slide fire models, is the finger rest, and the locking knob.

I got a call from a very nice person at ATF, that it was best to not make them anymore.. Which is why you only see old videos of them. The call was not an official statement, just a suggestion.

I'd either cough up the cash for a commercially made one, or split the cost among a few fellow shooters to buy a commercially made one. Putting your own neck on the line is not worth it.

I got a call from a very nice person at ATF, that it was best to not make them anymore.. Which is why you only see old videos of them. The call was not an official statement, just a suggestion.

I'd either cough up the cash for a commercially made one, or split the cost among a few fellow shooters to buy a commercially made one. Putting your own neck on the line is not worth it.

Thank you very much for the heads up and real first person info. That is disappointing to hear.

I can see no functional difference between yours, the post-approval springless Akins (Bumpski included), slide fire, or in RamLake's version. They all vary in shape, in finish, materials, and in one case in bearings. The basic principle of a fixed tang and a pistol grip attached to a sliding stock is constant. How did the ATF distinguish your design from others that they approved?

Thank you very much for the heads up and real first person info. That is disappointing to hear.

I can see no functional difference between yours, the post-approval springless Akins (Bumpski included), slide fire, or in RamLake's version. They all vary in shape, in finish, materials, and in one case in bearings. The basic principle of a fixed tang and a pistol grip attached to a sliding stock is constant. How did the ATF distinguish your design from others that they approved?

Probably because in order to really know if your design is legal you have to submit a working example.

So how does that work?

You submit an example that works and they give you a letter saying it is ok and you're good?

But You submit an example that works and they give you a letter saying it is not legal, and you just made something illegal and you now go to jail?

What is the process?

So how does that work?

You submit an example that works and they give you a letter saying it is ok and you're good?

But You submit an example that works and they give you a letter saying it is not legal, and you just made something illegal and you now go to jail?

What is the process?

First I would say don't submit something you know is obviously illegal ie: more than 1 shot per trigger pull

You send in a working example, and details of the device. In my RapidFire design I sent a working gun with the device ready to test and evailuate.

Yes they send you a letter of approval for that device and hope it was not something really stupid or they may keep the illegal parts or the whole gun.

Edited by RamLake

Thanks. I could easily afford to send in some working examples. I worked out that I could make a crude yet strong and functional version for about $10 in materials and an hour or so of labor. I can't afford to give them a gun. Is it really necessary to send them the gun and the stock assembly?

Thanks. I could easily afford to send in some working examples. I worked out that I could make a crude yet strong and functional version for about $10 in materials and an hour or so of labor. I can't afford to give them a gun. Is it really necessary to send them the gun and the stock assembly?

I was told to send a gun with the device attached.

Don't take this the wrong way but, I seriously doubt someone can make something that works well, looks presentable, and is safe for 10.00 and an hour.

If made with the exact principle as everyone elses then no one should have any trouble with LE

You could just build one and video it for us then destroy it afterwards, it's just ten bucks and an hour. haha.gif

Laugh if you want, but we bought the materials to make more than 6 along the lines of CSSpecs design using square steel tube, and the total steel came to $40. we spent about 45 minutes cutting and doing the welding for each and they are all about 90% done. At the moment, I am glad that we didn't finish, so the ATF has nothing to complain about. I would just need to make some cuts so the tang will fit, tap a few holes, and make a slot to control total travel. I would gladly send one to ATF for testing, but not if I have to send a gun with it. I have absolutely no doubt that it would work just the same as CSSpecs's and other people I have seen online who came to the same design on their own. Yours is very nice, but all you need is a handle that is fixed to the stock and smoothly slides. Adhesive UHMW skids can make things slide smoothly in the absence of fancy linear bearings. Slide fire accomplishes this with a 2" plastic stub.

I was planning to give one away here, but you guys have persuaded me that that would be unwise.

Edited by GunFun

Laugh if you want, but we bought the materials to make more than 6 along the lines of CSSpecs design using square steel tube, and the total steel came to $40. we spent about 45 minutes cutting and doing the welding for each and they are all about 90% done. At the moment, I am glad that we didn't finish, so the ATF has nothing to complain about. I would just need to make some cuts so the tang will fit, tap a few holes, and make a slot to control total travel. I would gladly send one to ATF for testing, but not if I have to send a gun with it. I have absolutely no doubt that it would work just the same as CSSpecs's and other people I have seen online who came to the same design on their own. Yours is very nice, but all you need is a handle that is fixed to the stock and smoothly slides. Adhesive UHMW skids can make things slide smoothly in the absence of fancy linear bearings. Slide fire accomplishes this with a 2" plastic stub.

I was planning to give one away here, but you guys have persuaded me that that would be unwise.

ultra high molecular weight polyurethane is not majic and if it does not slide freely it won't work

You have our interest up, we really want to see it.

Come on man show us a video

ultra high molecular weight polyurethane is not majic and if it does not slide freely it won't work

You have our interest up, we really want to see it.

Come on man show us a video

By the way the BATFE returns legal items after evaluation.

The parts will slide freely they slide freely even without the UHMW. At least two other people have made steel on steel square tube based stocks that look about the same. They posted videos. Find CSSpec's old video. His worked. Don't be that way man. I respect your work, but don't act like anyone else trying the same thing is sure to fail just because they don't use the same exact design as yours. I'd be willing to bet that you made (& probably tested) a simple version before you went to all the trouble to machine your fancy one. Like I said, I do respect your work. If I was buying one yours is the one that looks worth buying to me. However, I only want it bad enough to put in an hour or two and <$20, not hundreds of dollars.

I will not make a video now, because I will not do the last steps that would enable me to mount one on a gun. Maybe someday I will finish one and find a cheap gun to let the ATF take, but it is no longer worth it to me.

You've convinced me not to without a personal ATF letter.

The parts will slide freely they slide freely even without the UHMW. At least two other people have made steel on steel square tube based stocks that look about the same. They posted videos. Find CSSpec's old video. His worked. Don't be that way man. I respect your work, but don't act like anyone else trying the same thing is sure to fail just because they don't use the same exact design as yours. I'd be willing to bet that you made (& probably tested) a simple version before you went to all the trouble to machine your fancy one. Like I said, I do respect your work. If I was buying one yours is the one that looks worth buying to me. However, I only want it bad enough to put in an hour or two and <$20, not hundreds of dollars.

I will not make a video now, because I will not do the last steps that would enable me to mount one on a gun. Maybe someday I will finish one and find a cheap gun to let the ATF take, but it is no longer worth it to me.

You've convinced me not to without a personal ATF letter.

Thanks GunFun, sorry if I offended you.

Edited by RamLake

I have a Bumpski it is on my ak 47 because I figured with the DIY trigger guard I'd never be able to put it on there. So far the Bumpski is fucking awesome and I love it. It never gets old to show off. I dump 75 rds look over at the homo queer with his lame semi auto next to me.

Hey now, you know that if you did that beside me and then called me a homo-queer, I'd go get my target and while you're looking at the outcome of your spray and pray I'd just cover up my grouping with a couple of quarters and walk away. Not everyone is out to blow thirty bucks worth of ammo as fast as possible...

• Like 2

I have a Bumpski it is on my ak 47 because I figured with the DIY trigger guard I'd never be able to put it on there. So far the Bumpski is fucking awesome and I love it. It never gets old to show off. I dump 75 rds look over at the homo queer with his lame semi auto next to me.

Nice. Pure class, aren't ya? happy.png

Bumpski stocks seem to be very nice.. but even less worth it, (practical), than the Slide-Fires. ~$450's pretty steep.. considering you can buy a Saiga rifle, (in a few different calibers), for that. wink.png

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

Well, I took the Slide Fire stock out today on the 7.62x39. I knew it was gonna be fun, but I wasn't prepared for the pure fuckin joy of pseudo-rock'n'roll 022.gif

It's actually pretty controllable too, (the 74-type brake helped). I was able to place accurate 2-4 rnd bursts wherever I wanted em.. picking off old aerosol cans at ~40 yrds, then tearing a stump to pieces with the rest of the mag. biggrin.png

The only downside is ammo consumption, I've never gone through 120 rnds that quickly before. Still, it was well-worth it.

I didn't get video this time, as no one was available to run the camera and I couldn't wait to go try it out, but I will get some next time.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

He can just tell his friends that he got engaged and they need to bring ammo for his bachelor party. He might be able to pull that off twice if he is sneaky, so that gives him 5 splurges.

Oh, I don't know about that, Bridis.

I'll be using it for bursts from here on out, and once you learn to do that, it becomes more than just a toy.

Also, it's not unusual for me to fire a couple hundred 7.62x39 rnds per shooting session, so I'm used to the expense.

I will definitely get video soon, firing near dusk, to show off the wicked muzzle flash. :D

• Like 1

He can just tell his friends that he got engaged and they need to bring ammo for his bachelor party. He might be able to pull that off twice if he is sneaky, so that gives him 5 splurges.

Not a bad idea, GunFun.

I'll be moving soon for a better job, so I could pull it off once here, with my local friends, then again in my new town after the move. :D

Seriously though, in this caliber it's not that expensive to fire mags in bursts rather than distinct, single shots.

But I do wish I'd been into AKs in the late 90's and had stocked up on thousands upon thousands of rounds of 7.62x39 back when it was ridiculously cheap.

One thing I've thought of since trying the Slide Fire system out is that aftermarket, upgraded irons would be a good idea to get the most out of it, (as a tool, not just a toy).

I'm tempted to try it with my side-mounted PK-23 in place, but it is a quick-release and I'm afraid it might get shaken loose, since the receiver and everything attached to it reciprocates when using this system, unlike true FA with the proper sear and trigger group.