Boom! Headshot!

That is not a ball cap that goes flying, its the top of his head.

ETA: Found another report that says it was a hat he was wearing.

In a related article, it is said that this Police Sniper actually missed his first two shots due to not properly adjusting his scope.

He then adjusted and finally made the shot.

Can you imagine how stupid this criminal was to keep poking his head out the door?

You could definitely say he'd flipped his lid. haha.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZgU3ooqQzM&feature=player_embedded

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

. . . it is said that this Police Sniper actually missed his first two shots due to not properly adjusting his scope.

He then adjusted and finally made the shot. . .

If that's true, then the guy sucked as a "sniper."

Just my 2c.gif

• Like 3

. . . it is said that this Police Sniper actually missed his first two shots due to not properly adjusting his scope.

He then adjusted and finally made the shot. . .

If that's true, then the guy sucked as a "sniper."

Just my 2c.gif

Agreed!

Thirteen-year veteran Steve Rodriguez was in place in Albuquerque, N.M., as police responded to an armed bank robbery in progress.

Looking through the scope, Rodriguez could see someone with dark hair, sunglasses, in a suit, and holding a woman by the arm, he recalls.

Rodriguez's target was smaller than a softball. But Rodriguez managed to center the man in his sights and squeeze the rifle trigger.

He fired two times and missed. Rodriguez had failed to adjust his rifle scope, sending his bullets slamming into a concrete wall.

Rodriguez says he fired the third shot and hit the target at the top of his head, exactly where he had been aiming.

http://www.cbsnews.c....in267184.shtml

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

Hooolllyyy crap!! A hostage involved and he forgot to adjust the scope properly?? He's damn lucky he didn't shoot her! 015.gif

I would guess that was a hat or wig flying... if it was the back of his head there would have been "stuff" all over the glass and the hostage.

I saw a report on this on TV where they interviewed the sniper. He showed up wearing a t shirt and sweat pants and pulled the gun out of his truck. He found a spot to shoot from and sent 2 rounds. He was behind a wall of some kind and hurried to take the shots. His scope cleared the wall but his barrel did not so through his scope he had a clear shot but he sent his first 2 rounds into the wall several feet in front of him. His scope was, he just didn't account for the wall. Kinda dumb but I can't say much cause I've done the same thing....only not in a hostage situation with a dude's head in my crosshairs.

Good 3rd shot though. It sure ruined that guys day. It looks like he used a super sclaping bullet.

Edited by cooger
  • Like 3

I did see a dude shoot the hood of his own truck just like that. Mule deer 200 yds away obviously left the county.

We asked him if he was going to mount the hood.

• Like 4

A hostage situation is not a time to lose ones head!

That's not a way to get ahead in life.

That guy must not have had his head on straight.

That bank teller sure kept her head during the whole situation.

The sniper should have checked his heading before making the shot.

• Like 4

Please make it stop...

• Like 2

Stupid bad guy needed a hostage like he needed a hole in the head.

Apparently he's the headliner at the local funeral parlor.

The guy sure had anger issues.... he gave those people a piece of his mind!

(no, he did really)

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 2

Robbing a bank? He must've lost his mind.

Taking hostages, might have been a good idea, but he lost it.

Sticking your head out after hearing two gunshots? He definitely flipped his lid.

• Like 2

The dark thing flying to the right is a hat or hairpiece if it was the top of his head it would more likely open like a skull mounted cat-flap.

The stuff sticking to the glass is brains or scalp-meat, bone tends to bounce off unless it's the little granular pieces.

The light - colored pieces spinning away and mostly up are skull. Chunks-o-bone have the rigidity to carry enough energy to spin like this.

Try hitting a coconut with a framing hammer, the pieces spin off. Not an exact test medium, but easy to try.

Next try hitting a creme brule' with a croquet mallet, it will splatter in globs. Creme brule' is a bit thinner than brains, but more availabe.

Rodrguez is a decorated marine sniper who served us in Vietnam and then went on to police swat.

Must suck.

He'll catch major shit for this (as he should) but in the end he succeeded.

I suspect the reason the robber didn't notice the first two shots is because Rodriquez was using a can. The reason he didn't notice the third shot was...

Stupid bad guy needed a hostage like he needed a hole in the head.

Apparently he's the headliner at the local funeral parlor.

The guy sure had anger issues.... he gave those people a piece of his mind!

(no, he did really)

Robbing a bank? He must've lost his mind.

Taking hostages, might have been a good idea, but he lost it.

Sticking your head out after hearing two gunshots? He definitely flipped his lid.

I think you guys really hit the nail on the head here! Hats off to you both! :D

• Like 2

I was once witness to a situation where one drunk idiot shot another drunk idiot in the back of the head with a .45

The victim had a largish hole in his face and most of his brain was in a heap about 3 feet in front of him. He was quite dead but quivering and twitching. A woman near me kept shouting for me to "do something" and "help him"

It seemed pretty stupid at the time and I thought pretty poorly of the woman, but then I thought of Jackie Kennedy trying to retrieve that chunk-O-JFK head and I thought of seeing a cop handcuff a decapitated guy (he beat the DUI the hard way) and realized it's kinda common to disregard what it means when the brains are outside the head.

I wonder what drives people to try to stuff brains/intestines back in or retrieve severed fingers etc? Gut shot people often try to stuff their innards back in without any regard for a pre-de-gutting lavage, seems silly and if I'm ever gut shot I will try to behave more logically.

I was once witness to a situation where one drunk idiot shot another drunk idiot in the back of the head with a .45

The victim had a largish hole in his face and most of his brain was in a heap about 3 feet in front of him. He was quite dead but quivering and twitching. A woman near me kept shouting for me to "do something" and "help him"

It seemed pretty stupid at the time and I thought pretty poorly of the woman, but then I thought of Jackie Kennedy trying to retrieve that chunk-O-JFK head and I thought of seeing a cop handcuff a decapitated guy (he beat the DUI the hard way) and realized it's kinda common to disregard what it means when the brains are outside the head.

I wonder what drives people to try to stuff brains/intestines back in or retrieve severed fingers etc? Gut shot people often try to stuff their innards back in without any regard for a pre-de-gutting lavage, seems silly and if I'm ever gut shot I will try to behave more logically.

One year at the World Free Fall Convention we had a guy hook turn a tad too low, he ended up impacting the front of an Port-a-John sanitation truck.

He was fucked up, his head showed significant trauma, .i.e. His skull was caved in.

One person said "Call the paramedics!" a buddy of ours deadpanned back, "Fuck the paramedics, call the coroner." He has forever been known since as Mr.Obvious.

People can look dead and still have a flicker of life to rekindled, guts can be put back, limbs and digits reattached... But scattered brains? Lady STFU.

If you examine the clip at .55 sec you can see exactly what is happening. The head is as such: a rigid structure containing a jello consistancy substance covered by a rubbery shell ( the face). Kinetic energy released by the projectile produces a wound cavity. It is instantaneous but the rigidity of the skull contains the cavitation. At .54-55 stop the clip you can see pumpkinheads' melon expanding and distorting his facial features. The subsequent frames show his face, temporarily separated from the skull, like a mask resettling on a shattered skull. If you looked at him up close his head would resemble a stepped on hard boiled egg. The cracked and shattered shell(skull and face ) still adhereant to a inner contents. But yeah, skull piece and gray matter ejected out the back and scalp hair segments also traveling upward as the bullet passed through. Impact-cavitation- exit all in a fraction of a second. Skull frag lands in the lady's hair and falls in front of her left shoulder. Talk about a bad hair day.... for both!

Edited by U.S Praetorian