Factory Izsmash 8rd S-12 mag worth?

Ha ha.. you guys are hilarious. rolleyes.gif

Shit, I've got 3, lewie212 and Caged, how many do you have? What's that.. 0?

They're the most solidly constructed and reliable S-12 mags on the market, (as are all factory S-12 mags), and imo no mag looks sexier in the gun than a rock'n'lock 8...

r17e.jpg

wink.png

MF, as always, they're worth whatever the market can bear, but never less than ~$120. They sell for around that even over in Europe, where artificial rarity is not an issue, as it is here, (thanks ATF cocksuckers). dry.png

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Once again, I don't feel the need to show how large my penis is by buying a $1500 S-12 or by buying one 8 round mag for the price of 4 10 round mags. You may spend your money as frivolously as you like, I prefer to actually get what I'm paying for.

Let me know when they drop down below $50, but I probably won't even buy them at THAT price. I've seen what Izhmash does with firearms, I don't need any of their mags...

• Like 2

Once again, I don't feel the need to show how large my penis is by buying a $1500 S-12 or by buying one 8 round mag for the price of 4 10 round mags. You may spend your money as frivolously as you like, I prefer to actually get what I'm paying for...

I paid a lot less for my S-12, (and all the work done to her thus far), than you might think. wink.png Leaving that aside, I can only assume you're talking about 10-rnd US-made S-12 mags. Yeah, I used to think they were worth a shit, too. They usually work fine at the range, right? Of course, that's a piss-poor way to evaluate a mag's overall reliability. Izzy mags have steel-reinforced feed lips, locking lugs, and mag spines. Name a single US-made mag that you can say the same about. It'd be convenient if it didn't matter, but it fuckin does. wink.png

...Let me know when they drop down below $50, but I probably won't even buy them at THAT price. I've seen what Izhmash does with firearms, I don't need any of their mags...

You're further exposing your ignorance here.. either that, or being deliberately vague and misleading. Some Saiga-12s may have their issues, documented all over this forum, but in almost all cases, those minor issues are easy to fix with hand-tools, due to their underlying solid and durable construction.

Their rifles are that much better performing, right out of the box. E.g. I consider my Izhmash Legion Saiga SGL 7.62x39 rifles to be the equal of, if not superior to, any other AK carbine available on the market, stamped or milled. If you owned one yourself, you'd agree. I paid ~$505 apiece for em. wink.png

Agree to disagree. You attack me, I attack back. Have I ever had experience with one? No, does that make me ignorant? Yes, but as long as they cost more than $50 I have no need for them.

Look at it this way, that leaves more for you.

And you can look down your nose at us "peons" who use American made mags with no problems what-so-ever...what.gif

They're the most solidly constructed and reliable S-12 mags on the market, (as are all factory S-12 mags), and imo no mag looks sexier in the gun than a rock'n'lock 8...

r17e.jpg

wink.png

MF, as always, they're worth whatever the market can bear, but never less than ~$120. They sell for around that even over in Europe, where artificial rarity is not an issue, as it is here, (thanks ATF cocksuckers). dry.png

I love how you just assume people dont own something.

You just like to stir shit up.

• Like 1

r17e.jpg

wink.png

Hmm.. that might be an Izzy 8 in your avatar. If you own one, I assumed you would recognize what they're objectively worth. wink.png

You're right that I do like to stir shit up, hell that's the beauty of this forum over most of the gun forums out there... the main reason I lub forum.saiga-12.com so much. happy.png

However, I try to only stir the shit when objective truth is on my side, as I believe it is in this case. wink.png

If MD came out with a single stack mag built to the reiliability of their drum, i wouldnt own 6 Izzy 8's. But since there is no such magazine, i settle! LOL.

Well said, Mullet Man! That's my approach to "the problem", as well.

Agree to disagree. You attack me, I attack back. Have I ever had experience with one? No, does that make me ignorant? Yes, but as long as they cost more than $50 I have no need for them.

Look at it this way, that leaves more for you.

And you can look down your nose at us "peons" who use American made mags with no problems what-so-ever...what.gif

I completely understand your point-of-view. Hell, I was there myself ~2 yrs ago.

But at some point you'll realize that mag reliability is of paramount importance and recognize that, in the current market, only Izhmash stick mags offer said reliability, however overpriced they may be. wink.png

As long as people can only debate the cost and not the quality then I'm happy. Sometimes there is no substitute for having the very best. Every one of us has pissed away the cost difference of these mags many times over, and on much less important things.

• Like 2

r17e.jpg

wink.png

Hmm.. that might be an Izzy 8 in your avatar. If you own one, I assumed you would recognize what they're objectively worth. wink.png

You're right that I do like to stir shit up, hell that's the beauty of this forum over most of the gun forums out there... the main reason I lub forum.saiga-12.com so much. happy.png

However, I try to only stir the shit when objective truth is on my side, as I believe it is in this case. wink.png

If MD came out with a single stack mag built to the reiliability of their drum, i wouldnt own 6 Izzy 8's. But since there is no such magazine, i settle! LOL.

I know what they are worth. The $25 offer was a little thing called sarcasm. I am well aware of the quality of izzy 8s.
  • Like 1

r17e.jpg

wink.png

I know what they are worth. The $25 offer was a little thing called sarcasm. I am well aware of the quality of izzy 8s.

Ok. Is that an Izzy 8 in your avatar?

I think when CSSpecs gets around to making steel mags for the S12, the demand will drop for the factory 8 rounders..

Perhaps. It depends completely on price and performance. I'd prefer that a US manufacturer emulated the construction of the Izzy 8's; polymer where they can be for lighter weight, but the strength of steel where it really counts. ;)

...they are cool looking though.

Indeed. :)

Hell, I forgot to mention the MD double stacks, I am guessing those will be built like a brick shit house, just like the drum!

I suspect the same.. but it won't matter if they're never mass-produced and offered on the open market.

We were "teased" ~2 1/2 yrs ago regarding these. Please, start selling them Mike D!! ;)

• Like 1

Relax. He's still spending big money on the project, that means he will follow through. I recently attended a lecture on patent trolls, and statistically banks could predict which patents would be produced and which would make money. Investors looked at the same data too, and can make very reliable predictions. Basically, do they spend money up front to get the patent, and are they still spending money on the patent 3 years later. If the answer is yes then you can expect the product will go to market.

MD just sold $30k+ of mingun parts to finance development. That doesn't sound like idle teasing to me.

The Russian 8-round mag is quite simply the best mag ever made for the Saiga-12. I doubted it too until I handled one. $150? Worth it. I've got a stack of AGPs to play with at the range. They usually work, but for protecting my home its only 8 and 5 round mags for me. Really wish Keepshooting.com would make a copy of the 8 rounder, cause their 5 rounders are just as reliable as OEM.

The Russian 8-round mag is quite simply the best mag ever made for the Saiga-12. I doubted it too until I handled one. $150? Worth it. I've got a stack of AGPs to play with at the range. They usually work, but for protecting my home its only 8 and 5 round mags for me. Really wish Keepshooting.com would make a copy of the 8 rounder, cause their 5 rounders are just as reliable as OEM.

Yeah if keepshooting made an 8, I'd be happy till the double stacks came out. Now if only MD made a 25rd drum that would have been more Ideal to me then a 20rd drum.