Grand ma `s and Grand pa`s nail about one dead a month down here and i am all for it . In the 5 county area around me 1 out of every 5 people have a CCW and the ratio continues to get smaller every month .

We are old ,tired,hurt and pissed off ,if you are looking for freebies we will give you some ,Hot Lead more than you can handle bad_egg.gif

• Like 2

Once they turned and ran he continued shooting? Is that ok?

Absolutely. The men were still armed and still moving. They could have easily turned and started shooting back... and as a matter of fact I believe that one of the reasons they didn't stop to turn back is because all they kept hearing was 'BANG BANG BANG BANG'. Now, once they exited the store and were out of sight, going outside and continuing to chase them would put someone's claim to self defense into question. This older gentlemen performed superbly. He waited until he had an opportunity to draw and acted quickly and violently which gave him the edge over these punks.

• Like 7

Absolutely. The men were still armed and still moving. They could have easily turned and started shooting back... and as a matter of fact I believe that one of the reasons they didn't stop to turn back is because all they kept hearing was 'BANG BANG BANG BANG'. Now, once they exited the store and were out of sight, going outside and continuing to chase them would put someone's claim to self defense into question. This older gentlemen performed superbly. He waited until he had an opportunity to draw and acted quickly and violently which gave him the edge over these punks.

Thank you for your explanation...as I did pose it as a question and did not see if they retained the firearms after being shot and hitting the floor as they go out of view...for all I know that is why he kept shooting because they attempted to turn around....wish he would have been a better shot the ass is not center mASS...lol

I wish I could like this more than once.

Great explanation.

I agree with Jeaux, but as always the gun that you will have with you is better than the one you feel like leaving at home. As an old guy, there is a better chance that he has had this tiny pistol for a while, and ultra compact .380s have only been around for about 3 years. There is a good chance that is .22 LR, .25ACP, or .32ACP such as a Bobcat. Marginally effective .380 Ammo has only been around for a similar period of time, so he could be running FMJ or underpenetrative .380 JHP, instead of the two or so choices of good stuff (i.e. Corbon DPX and Hornady XTP +P)

What was he packing? Do any stories give the details?

As I understand things, most people tend to shoot too high, so shooting low is better than missing high around people. Keeping calm, smooth and not having a cardiac arrest at 71 gets extra points too.

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 1