I would have figured the staking on the gas key on the shrubmaster would have failed before the mag

Sounds like the mag failed, not the rifle. There's a picture of the rifle outside the theater with a 30 rounder in it.

Edited by Risky

Only one conclusion can be drawn from this. High capacity drums are less of a threat because they are more likely to jam and will lead to the shooter ending his killing spree sooner and being captured unarmed and without resistance. Had he used multiple 10, 20, or 30 rounds mags more people including police could have died. It's time for the Brady Bunch to start extolling the virtues of the high capacity drum to reduce the number gun deaths. biggrin.png

• Like 11

Beta mags suck ass. We only used them on aggressor weapons during exercises. Good thing the shooter was an amateur and didn't have his manual of arms retained to muscle memory. Things could have been a lot worse.

• Like 1

Wrongo! That's an early model steel Glock produced before the Australians started making them out of carbonated fiber to render them invisible to airport x-ray machines and scentless to sniffer dogs.

Or like in Die Hard 2, Bruce Willis says "they have porcelan Glocks" when someone asks how the bad guys got guns through security and the metal detectors. I'd laugh at the absurdity if it wasn't such a serious blow to our 2nd Amendment Rights.

I hate to even comment on this, but my wife said to me "nearly 70 people were hit and 12 are dead, what do you think he used?" I told her at that range, it had to be an AR-15. The heavy AK-47 rounds would have killed more.

I'm not going to argue rounds and guns here, just posting a reply.

I hate to even comment on this, but my wife said to me "nearly 70 people were hit and 12 are dead, what do you think he used?" I told her at that range, it had to be an AR-15. The heavy AK-47 rounds would have killed more.

Very true, at those close ranges, a lot more people wouldn't have come out of that theater alive.

Look, getting shot sucks whatever way you slice it, and getting shot with a .223 vs a 7.62x39 at close range isn't going to be that different depending on where shot placement is. A shot in the foot or arm is probably not going to kill anyone. The whole advantage of the .223 at closer ranges is the fragmentation- never again will I call it a poodle shooter once I looked at the pics below. They are a bit graphic.

http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=84194&hilit=look+like+a+poodle&fb_source=message

What makes me laugh more than anything is that after the shooting happens with the wacko packing an AR-15, people still talk about how dangerous these AK-47s are.

'Man arrested for street racing Ferrari on I-95.'

The public's response? "Lamborghini's are too fast and only race car drivers should own them!"

• Like 1

Look, getting shot sucks whatever way you slice it, and getting shot with a .223 vs a 7.62x39 at close range isn't going to be that different depending on where shot placement is. A shot in the foot or arm is probably not going to kill anyone. The whole advantage of the .223 at closer ranges is the fragmentation- never again will I call it a poodle shooter once I looked at the pics below. They are a bit graphic.

That was M193 which fragments easier than M855 . M855 is heavier, has a tungsten penetrator, and will go through multiple targets at that range. They have not disclosed what ammo he was using as far as I know. He may have shot a shitload of 55 gr stuff or fewer M855 rounds and achieved the same results. Who knows?

From everything I've heard, it sounds like the majorty of casualties were from the Remington 870. 12-gauge buckshot at a 25-yd distance would spread enough to pepper several people at a time with .33-cal shot with each shot fired.

If I was in the situation, I would WANT the shooter to have a rifle or pistol. 12-ga buckshot inside a theater? Get the fuck down, you are going to get hit.

Firing a pistol or rifle inside this environment does not guarantee many hits.

Edited by mancat

From everything I've heard, it sounds like the majorty of casualties were from the Remington 870. 12-gauge buckshot at a 25-yd distance would spread enough to pepper several people at a time with .33-cal shot with each shot fired.

If I was in the situation, I would WANT the shooter to have a rifle or pistol. 12-ga buckshot inside a theater? Get the fuck down, you are going to get hit.

Fuck you my cat avatar is way better than yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

One thing about Betamags is that they HAVE to be lubed liberally with graphite to run properly! I have one of the less expensive S Korean ones that has YET to fail. Using Wolf ammo,and graphite, it has been filled several times and as fast as I can pull the trigger on my Saiga .223, it rocks! Course, I don't need for the press to hear this!

I am just thankful that more people didn;t get hurt and hate that someone wasn't packing with a laser and able to get a headshot off on him. Seems like everytime a liberal is up for re-election for the president, one of these shootings happens. Can anyone say "Manchurian Canidate"?

• Like 2

Buckshot doesn't make a magical cone of death at 25 yards...

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot20.htm read this please

Buckshot doesn't make a magical cone of death at 25 yards...

Nope, but it is sure easier to aquire a target and hit it with a shotty wearing a Promask, not so much with the peep sights on an AR.