dear purists: my wife says " say-guhs" are 4 letter words!

so i found an average price on a unconverted, 2011 no scope rail 12 on the local msg board, and committed to buyin it without approval. i then told her aboot it late at night, when i knew she wouldnt be mad, lol. she giggled and said i shouldnt have, etc. then she wakes up this mornin and i ask her if she is ready to go pick up that saiga. she goes "WHAT?!" i then recounted the story from last night. she was not amused...but he let me go through with it!

as the day progressed and my balls continued to be broke over said saiga, she said, "sega really is a 4 letter word!" it made me laugh cause most folks pronounce it like the 4 letter gaming console, and it pisses of f the purists

My son inlaws NUTS are not in my daughters purse, I want everyone to know that she has them in a LOCK BOX and only lets him look at them when she says he can. I know this for a fact, and if I was really the prick they say I am, I'd post his name and phone #, but then he'd have to sleep outside in the car.

• Like 3

My son inlaws NUTS are not in my daughters purse, I want everyone to know that she has them in a LOCK BOX and only lets him look at them when she says he can. I know this for a fact, and if I was really the prick they say I am, I'd post his name and phone #, but then he'd have to sleep outside in the car.

:) Now that was funny! Knowing my youngest daughter I will likely be posting something similar in the distant future.

I'm married to my third wife. If you manage your finances, you are KING of your castle. If not, just hand over your nutz to be carried in her purse along with your paycheck.

Actually, there is another way. I happily let my wife have my check so that I can avoid the mundane task of bill paying. I just take a cut off the top to do with as I please. Have I ever mentioned that I'm lazy? I'm sure I have.

• Like 1

INTRODUCING A NEW FAMILY STICK FIGURE YOU CAN PUT ON THE MINI-VAN OF THAT CERTAIN NEUTERED MALE YOU KNOW

married.jpgThis is just too good!!

I guess I am fortunate. My wife has turned into as big of a gun nut as I am! Since she "took over" my Ruger 10-22 (says it is light and she likes the way that it shoots and handles), she is insisting that she is going to make it up to me by getting me the take down model. Did I mention that she picked me up a sweet Makarov at the local pawn shop the other day? Boy, do I have it rough!

• Like 3

Remember when you sold Christmas Cards on the back of comic books.. the more ya sold, the better prize you could get?

I'm still on the same system.. My wife controls the money (Biz degree & works in banking).. We set goals.. I meet them, I get a toy...

I ain't a hurtin' for much with 7 AK's, 3 Saiga shotties, Five Pinball Machines etc...

Hey at least she did not string them on a dog tag chain and is wearing them around her neck or worse yet turn them into "Truck Nutz"

1+ on separate accounts and i will go one better ,separate houses !!! it really works i live in my man and Macaw cave and she lives across the dirt road in her own place ,oh it still costs me but not nearly as much !!!

Never have much trouble with my wife when it comes to me buying toys. This is because I make almost all the money, she's never had to pay a single bill, except for the payment on her car that I paid 50% down on. We always have a healthy amount of savings, and I don't go on huge buying sprees like I see some people do, nor do I buy toys on credit, ever. In other words, I'm responsible with money, so there is nothing for her to bitch about.

I probably spend $100-200 a month on gun stuff on average. It's my favorite hobby, and I can afford it, end of story.

If your wife lives in similar circumstances and still has a problem with you buying yourself a toy, there may be a problem with her brain. I would assess the situation and get a feel for your wife's attitude and her vision of what her place in your life is. I can't believe how many guys marry a woman and then later on realize, "oh shit, this woman thinks she owns me and everything I bring home."

Edited by mancat
  • Like 2

Remember when you sold Christmas Cards on the back of comic books.. the more ya sold, the better prize you could get?

I'm still on the same system.. My wife controls the money (Biz degree & works in banking).. We set goals.. I meet them, I get a toy...

I ain't a hurtin' for much with 7 AK's, 3 Saiga shotties, Five Pinball Machines etc...

You're my hero Juggs!

so i found an average price on a unconverted, 2011 no scope rail 12 on the local msg board, and committed to buyin it without approval. i then told her aboot it late at night, when i knew she wouldnt be mad, lol. she giggled and said i shouldnt have, etc. then she wakes up this mornin and i ask her if she is ready to go pick up that saiga. she goes "WHAT?!" i then recounted the story from last night. she was not amused...but he let me go through with it!

as the day progressed and my balls continued to be broke over said saiga, she said, "sega really is a 4 letter word!" it made me laugh cause most folks pronounce it like the 4 letter gaming console, and it pisses of f the purists

It is better to ask forgiveness then to ask for permission.

• Like 3

Well, Nice to have a new toy. Makes me want to go get one now, just because I can, without worrying about "Permission" or "Making Her Mad".. I can't recall asking anyone if I can do "anything" with my money, or my life since I was 17 and living with my folks!! I make sure my Lady lives the same way! She never needs to ask me if "It's OK to....."

Not to say you don't have a great gal, we all go about life a different way.

Good going on the new Saiga!.....however many letters may be in it......just don't call it a Nintendo!

• Like 1

Three words- Separate checking accounts.

That's what we do, and we've yet to have an argument about money. Yeah, there's times when we both need to conserve funds for an upcoming vacation or to put tires on the car, etc. We both contribute then. But her money is her money and mine is mine. Works out well that way.

Three words- Separate checking accounts.

That's what we do, and we've yet to have an argument about money. Yeah, there's times when we both need to conserve funds for an upcoming vacation or to put tires on the car, etc. We both contribute then. But her money is her money and mine is mine. Works out well that way.

The ONLY time the Mrs. and I have argued about this is when we first got married. I put my foot down and said I was not going to join accounts. She put up a little fuss, but got on board rather quickly. Of course, at the time she was making a lot more than I was. Many years since, she has quit her job and is now self employed. She doesn't make much $$$ but it isn't a problem. She knows that IF she needs money it is there for her. I would hope for the same. We split the bills and I pay the mortgage (almost done, fuck yeah) and she pays the other bills. If she is strapped, I pay them. She buys new clothes and what not, I don't care. I buy $3000 guns and she doesn't care. As long as we're not going into debt and/or asking for money from each other and then spending said money on stupid shit (guns/clothing) we are all good. We literally NEVER argue about money and/or what each other has purchased. We love it!

• Like 3
If you manage your finances, you are KING of your castle. If not, just hand over your nutz to be carried in her purse along with your paycheck.

Good marriage advice?

I'm married to my third wife.

Hmmm.....

If you're going to quote me, quote the whole statement, not parts of it to manipulate it into something cute.

I'm married to my third wife because it took three times to get it right.

• Like 1
If you manage your finances, you are KING of your castle. If not, just hand over your nutz to be carried in her purse along with your paycheck.

Good marriage advice?

I'm married to my third wife.

Hmmm.....

If you're going to quote me, quote the whole statement, not parts of it to manipulate it into something cute.

I'm married to my third wife because it took three times to get it right.

Damn well put.

Edited by Mohawk Bob

Been married to the same lady for 16 years. When we first married, I had to dump my gun collection to pick up the slack because of her asshole of an ex(who STILL can't keep his fly zipped). She made me a promise I would have some of it back before the oldest graduated HS. She made good on her promise after we moved here. I've done some trading over the last few years, but I have some of them back. Some can't be replaced(a couple were bring-backs with papers), but seeing that kid turn his life around and put on a uniform made it worth it.

As far as the paychecks, we take care of the bills first, then split the rest.

• Like 3

I made it perfectly clear from the beginning, I pay all of the bills and what I do with the rest is my business. I don't pry into or question my wife's financial affairs and she knows that I expect the same in return. I get exactly what I want when I want it.

• Like 1

My wife and I have been happily married for 20 yrs now. I earn the money. She works at our church preschool because she wants to, not because she has to. My recent passion with firearms ( addiction if I am honest ) has cause several heated discussions. I may have to surrender MY man card, but when I married her, I gave up "Me" for "Us", so I do respect her concerns and her complaints. I still buy alot of guns and ammunition, but I don't buy everything I want.

For those of you that have wives that love to shoot or buy guns for your birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc., appreciate them. Mine doesn't do any of those things, but I have a faithful beautiful woman, and that to me is worth a thousand safes full of guns.

• Like 3