which rock and lock mags work in vepr-12

I noticed that the factory 5 round rock and lock saiga mags work perfectly fine in my vepr-12 with no mods. The lrbho doesn't function but otherwise they work great. Do any u.s. made rock and locks work without mods?

So cool if this is true!!!

But, Are you Sure? ... Did you shoot with them???

I Just Checked the feed angle and proximity to the chamber are totally different! Saiga Mags seem too low.

They lock up fine and seem to feed, but I'm guessing lots of FTE's & FTF's because of the Lower feed angle.

Also noticed how high the follower comes up is limited in the Saiga mag.

If this could be fixed LRBHO might even work!!!

I noticed that the factory 5 round rock and lock saiga mags work perfectly fine in my vepr-12 with no mods. The lrbho doesn't function but otherwise they work great. Do any u.s. made rock and locks work without mods?

he won't bullshit you, if he says they work i'd take his word for it, that's great news for those getting vepr12s, keepshooting has 5rd mags that are a copy of the factory 5 that function perfectly in the s12, and they are like $10 or so each, i have 10 and love them

• Like 1

he won't bullshit you, if he says they work i'd take his word for it, that's great news for those getting vepr12s, keepshooting has 5rd mags that are a copy of the factory 5 that function perfectly in the s12, and they are like $10 or so each, i have 10 and love them

Can you send me a link to those?"

I havent shot them, as I just discovered it today, but they hand cycle fine. On further inspection the front does sit much lower than the vepr-12 mag, and the feed angle is shallower, but they seem to feed fine. Maybe not the best for reliability, might not work in everyones as the feed angle is different, but seems to work in mine.

• Like 1

I havent shot them, as I just discovered it today, but they hand cycle fine. On further inspection the front does sit much lower than the vepr-12 mag, and the feed angle is shallower, but they seem to feed fine. Maybe not the best for reliability, might not work in everyones as the feed angle is different, but seems to work in mine.

Doh! I just bought 4 siaga 12 5 rounders!! shocked.gif

Doh! I just bought 4 siaga 12 5 rounders!! shocked.gif

Sorry I wasn't trying to advocate buying a bunch of saiga 12 mags, I just noticed that mine fit and fed, and was curious as to what others have tried.

Thanks Menace!

No worries Obi, wasn't just your post that made me buy them. I've read from a few places that siaga 12 mags work in vepr 12's, sometimes with no modification, sometimes just some filing on the front part I think, I'll look more into it and the link Menace talked of. They just don't operate the LRBHO. I saw the price at keepshooting that RussianHammer pointed out and thought wtf. For that price worth a try. Even found a coupon code for them using my google fu. If I can't get them to work right I know someone with a siaga 12 I can prob sell to. = ]

I'll update and let everyone know. Hopefully can go shooting soon.

/I would not of even tried this untill I saw your post! I cant wait to go try it! Here is some pics of a keepshooting mag.

post-27494-0-17721300-1352684921_thumb.jpg

post-27494-0-68098900-1352684936_thumb.jpg

post-27494-0-25759700-1352684966_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Pulled the followers & found the angle is virtually identical in both Mags

The biggest difference is the rear portion's curve, shape & Bulge of the Mag

In addition to having no front lip It is this shape that forces the higher & proper feed angle.

Personally I think the simple fix would be an re angled replacement follower???

I just got done with a little trigger time behind the Vepr-12 and the factory Saiga-12 5 round rock and lock magazine worked flawlessly without modification. I also filed a AGP mag to fit after hearing someone talk about doing it here on the forum and it to ran to perfection as well. I just wish I saw the thread over at vepr.org before I tried it...it would have saved me a little time and effort but I got it figured out on my own anyway. That's all I know to work at the moment but the AGP took a bit of shaving where the factory S12 5 rounder fit right in.

Edited by raidersfan_5544

My factory 2 rounder (the 2 round in a 2 round body, not the 2 round in a 5 round body) would also lock into place on the VEPR. However, the Izhmash factory rock n' lock 8 round magazine would not. The bodies are shaped differently enough to not allow it to go in without some serious modification which I won't be doing. :)

Yeah, the MD-20 works with Winchester Super-X 9 pellet .00 buckshot if you have the kit I just made;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9n9xdgaH2M&feature=youtu.be

Tiny bit of tuning left, but it's just a slight bug and it's already identified.

As for your Russian 5 round mags, they're either going to need to be slightly narrowed a kunthair on the outside, sanded a cunthair to widen on the inside, or the gun will need adjustment. The Vepr-12 is applying a tiny bit too much pressure on the outside of the Russian Stick mags causing the insides to touch the shell on both sides slightly.

You'll likely not notice it when hand cycling, but when shooting russian S-12 rock & lock S-12 mags through the vepr AT THE CORRECT FEED ANGLE the resistance causes a slow-feed and an FTF.

I'm thinking you guys are going to have FTFs jamming on the lower part of the chamber if you try to use the rock & locks by just tossing them in the Veprs with no mods.

• Like 1