Sign in to follow this  
TonyRumore

Saiga-12 Barrel Blanks Have Arrived. (pic)

As most of you know, making replacement Saiga-12 barrels has been an ongoing quest for a very long time. We have had quite a few false starts. But we have finally secured 100ea smoothbore blanks that will be machined into 19" Saiga-12 replacement barrels very shortly. They will be the same as a standard S-12 barrel other than having no gas ports and the gas block and reciever fit will be left a few thousands oversize for final fitting. If you want to cut it into a shorty, you won't have to weld up the gas ports and dick with that. We should have them ready to go in about 60 days. Pricing is not yet set, but it won't be unreasonable. Rifled barrels are still in works, but the lead time on the blanks alone is 6 months and quite a bit more expensive than smooth bores, so I'm not real confident to throw down on that quite yet. I'll keep you posted.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

post-1323-0-36314800-1354765062_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Price is my question, I will wait for the answer, when you can, when you get a feel for what it will be.

Rifled is no big deal, as I have 2 pumps fixed that way, and a rifled choke on my S12.

I know I will want a rifled one someday when I have money. I wish I could put cash down now.

• Like 1

Just saw this. This is good news Tony. I'm still in for a rifled barrel. It will be great when you get a time frame and price.

A saiga-12 with a rifled barrel and Dragunov-style wood buttstock and handguards has been a dream of mine for some time. I'm one more vote for the production of rifled barrels.

Since i have acquired a V12, i wouldnt mind at some point, turning my S12 into a dedicated slug gun with a rifled barrel.

Tony,

I've wanted a rifled barrel for my S12 for a couple of years now. If you ever make any give me a shout.

Good chatting with you about the free floating AK.

Kenny Hart

post-27155-0-52652300-1372792035_thumb.jpg

Edited by ARMOR

Rifled barrels are still in works, but the lead time on the blanks alone is 6 months and quite a bit more expensive than smooth bores, so I'm not real confident to throw down on that quite yet. I'll keep you posted.

Tony,

I was hoping to get an update on the rifled barrels. I'd be willing to throw down on a preorder if all possible.

• Like 1

The "sample" smooth bore barrel blanks came in looking good, but when the large batch rolled in, the quality was not up to par. The entire project has been scrapped.

Tony

The "sample" smooth bore barrel blanks came in looking good, but when the large batch rolled in, the quality was not up to par. The entire project has been scrapped.

Tony

Well, shit.

Thanks for the update.

Sad news. When I am rich someday if that ever happens, I will definitely be willing to shell out the money for a rifled barrel. not a need, but for sure a want. I really like the idea of what amounts to a high speed safari gun.

• Like 1