• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im pretty sure this has nothing to do with Obama, Personally I like the 3 box limit(if it is temporary which im sure it is) It keeps assholes from buying up all the ammo just to turn around and resal

I like the policy too, except when I'm the asshole trying to buy 10 boxes.

Back door gun control.

Fuck Walmart, I went there today just like I do every day at lunch to see if any ammo came in. Well, as usual, nothing I really needed did so I decide to pick up some more buckshot. I ask for my allowed 3 boxes of shells and the cashier asks for some identification. So I am mildly irritated, but you do have to be 18, so I comply and lay down my CCW. I use this form of ID everywhere because it is legal ID and well, just because I can. It even works at the local License Plate Agency when writing a check.

Dipshit behind the counter says, "you're not buying a gun so that won't work, I need to see a picture ID" and thumbs over his shoulder at the sign that says must show a valid ID. I explain that it is a valid ID, but pull out my drivers license anyway thinking to myself okay, I get that he is a dipshit and might not understand the concept of valid ID, not picture ID, but valid ID nonetheless.

Said Dipshit takes my DL and says "I said I need to see a valid ID".

Well besides the fact that I am already irritated because I have NEVER had to show any ID at this particular Walmart, and had just handed him an unexpired DL, I ask this dipshit "what the fuck are you talking about, I just handed you my DL"?

He says to me that because one small corner of my DL is broken off he can't take it. My license is completely legible with nothing obscured or illegible at all but one corner is just chipped off he says he can't accept it and that is Walmart's policy. Mind you the broken piece is smaller than the diameter of a .22 bullet and is just a piece of plain white plastic on one corner, no numbers, no background, nothing.

Needless to say, I am done at this point and tell the guy to just go ahead and call his manager because I am going to be "that guy" today. Mind was made up, done........

He says he will take it this time, but won't be able to again.

Guess what's going down at Walmart at lunch tomorrow. I will be there with bells on with both forms of previously mentioned valid ID and a FULL cart of perishable goods looking for my allowed 3 boxes of ammo fully prepared to complain vigorously and loudly to the manager and ready to leave that cart for them. I hope that sounds nonthreatening enough, I tried really hard to make the previous sentence vanilla, don't want to be stereotyped or accused of threatening violence or anything. Which I would never do besides.

And yes, I know I could go elsewhere for my purchases, but it is the principle of the thing and stupidity should really be harder than it is.

Any suggestions for cart contents?

And yes, I know I could go elsewhere for my purchases, but it is the principle of the thing and stupidity should really be harder than it is.

actully, that very question was a thread a few months ago. if i remember correctly, MT predator and red333 had some exceptionally funny ideas. good luck. as ron white has said, " you cant fix stupid"

Funny you should ask. I suggest the bottom of the cart be layered with multiple pounds of freshly shaved meats and cheeses from the deli. About 5lbs each of their most expensive cuts. Make certain you leave a minimum of one inch of contact space between the packages to allow for maximum warm air circulation. Add a layer of the warm rotissory chickens over the lunchmeat (pack tightly, two rows would be optimal) and cover the top of the warm rotissory chickens with as many of the most expensive ice cream containers you can fit on top.

Also, I suggest you leave the cart in the isle that sells toilet paper, and conceal the best you can the top layered items. The toilet paper should work two fold. Acts as concealment for a good long period of time, and keeps the top ice cream containers insulated while the bottom leaks liquid all over the warm chickens, which ultimately makes a big mess over the expensive lunchmeat and cheese at the bottom! Good luck!

• Like 1

I was in my local WM today and all they had was 20 gauge shells. Aside from not being able to get what I need (while I'm there) the sight of an almost totally bare ammo cabinet is something I don't like to see...I almost said it was depressing but that's really nothing to be depressed about.

• Like 1

Funny you should ask. I suggest the bottom of the cart be layered with multiple pounds of freshly shaved meats and cheeses from the deli. About 5lbs each of their most expensive cuts. Make certain you leave a minimum of one inch of contact space between the packages to allow for maximum warm air circulation. Add a layer of the warm rotissory chickens over the lunchmeat (pack tightly, two rows would be optimal) and cover the top of the warm rotissory chickens with as many of the most expensive ice cream containers you can fit on top.

Also, I suggest you leave the cart in the isle that sells toilet paper, and conceal the best you can the top layered items. The toilet paper should work two fold. Acts as concealment for a good long period of time, and keeps the top ice cream containers insulated while the bottom leaks liquid all over the warm chickens, which ultimately makes a big mess over the expensive lunchmeat and cheese at the bottom! Good luck!

I guess the dumpster divers are gonna eat good that night, LOL!!

• Like 1
"Funny you should ask...."

I had to laugh at this but I have to ask, what if you do all this and the ammo deal goes smooth?

I forgot to add that you gotta make sure that you need lots of lunchmeat, chicken, and ice cream. The toilet paper should be unharmed.

Needless to say, I am done at this point and tell the guy to just go ahead and call his manager because I am going to be "that guy" today. Mind was made up, done........

He says he will take it this time, but won't be able to again.

Should have said: "No you already said you can't and acted like I was trying to pull something. Now get your manager over here and we can solve this".

Figure you have two IDs, one is good enough to buy a GUN with, the other has your picture.

• Like 1
Im pretty sure this has nothing to do with Obama,

Personally I like the 3 box limit(if it is temporary which im sure it is) It keeps assholes from buying up all the ammo just to turn around and resale it at a jacked up price. This is half the reason shit is so hard to find right now, because those with the means to do so are buying up way more than they need to turn around and resale it.

Sure its a free market and all but Walmart is also free to do what they want as well and I think its a good idea.2c.gif

You have nothing to worry about then. Buying 10 boxes doesn't make you an asshole. Buying 150 and reselling them at double price does. Especially if you do it week after week.

I bought 500 boxes off the internet a few weeks back (ALL FOR MEexciting.gif ......unless it comes down to helping supply my brothers in arms when the time comes).......no resale here....what does that make me?rolleyes.gif

Personally I like the 3 box limit(if it is temporary which im sure it is) It keeps assholes from buying up all the ammo just to turn around and resale it at a jacked up price. This is half the reason shit is so hard to find right now, because those with the means to do so are buying up way more than they need to turn around and resale it.

Sure its a free market and all but Walmart is also free to do what they want as well and I think its a good idea.2c.gif

You have nothing to worry about then. Buying 10 boxes doesn't make you an asshole. Buying 150 and reselling them at double price does. Especially if you do it week after week.

I bought 500 boxes off the internet a few weeks back (ALL FOR MEexciting.gif ......unless it comes down to helping supply my brothers in arms when the time comes).......no resale here....what does that make me?rolleyes.gif

paranoid

I just never thought I'd see the day that of all the ammo I use the one I'd really like to get my hands on is 22LR.

Stopped at the wallyworld today and the guy was just wheeling out a cart with 6 cases of ammo. 2 410ga, 2 12ga, and 2 22lr. I got my 3 boxes of 22lr, went home and got my wife and she got 3 boxes.

Before the rule change I would have taken all 2000rds of 22.

paranoid

I would call it smart myself.......If the govt goes after the ammo.....all the dumbasses that DIDNT buy it can use their rifles as clubs or walking sticks

While I am able to still go to the range with my son for another 5 years and I didnt break the bank doing it.....paranoid I am not.....smart I am thank you

• Like 1

You have spent a SCARY amount of time reasoning that out. 015.gif

• Like 1

Went to one wally world and the shelves were stripped clean with nothing in the back at all. Went to another about 5 miles away just out of curiosity and the clerk had an entire pallet of 9mm and .45 federal 50 and 100 packs he was stocking. When I asked him why they had ammo and the other stores didn't he had no answer. But he said there were three more pallets of the same ammo in the lockup in back. He also said his friend who worked at the store on the other side of town had several pallets of Tula .223 and 7.62x39 while he had none.

Distribution center fail?

Edited by The Deacon
I never thought I would see the day that you could not buy 22LR but it has arrived. Pretty hard to believe something I have always taken for granted could just dry up like this.

Amen to that. I would've figured all the common ammo, even all the oddball stuff, but, .22lr?