Saiga Magazines (with nice video attached)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief. That is the fastest speed reloading I have ever seen to say nothing of the shooting itself. This is one of those guys who doesn't have to talk or post BS about his skills because he has damn demonstrated them for the world to watch. Wow!!! :super::super:

here is a pic I found on FAL Files

DSCN4307.JPG

Take a guess who's "Tsaigara" is that. :rolleyes: Nowadays it has a skull-paint on it and some "recoil-improvements". Where is that camera...!

And believe it or not: That is the same gun PJ was using in that "FA"-video. Well OK, it has got some minor details :angel: modified after that but I made some small improvements also to that FAL found on the same string. ;)

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

That thing is hung like an elephant! Good gracious. Is it two eight rounders welded together? And what kind of spring is used?

Is that a choke tube at the of the muzzle brake? So the exhaust gases are vented before the shot goes through the choke?

Edited by AegisDei
That thing is hung like an elephant! Good gracious. Is it two eight rounders welded together? And what kind of spring is used?

Is that a choke tube at the of the muzzle brake? So the exhaust gases are vented before the shot goes through the choke?

Who could afford to sacrifice two 8-rounders!! It is 8- and 5-rounder + pad = 16 rounds. :haha: Spring is just a normal 8-rounder...

That brake is on barrel before choke, so it takes the pressure of and so helping birdshots to keep better hitpattern thinking of longer shots. btw with full-choke it's like shooting with slugs! Just a 5cm black circle in close range and there is no problem knocking down poppers from a greater distances even with 28g ammo...;) The drawback is that because I want to tease clay shooters with this baby I won't be able to use that first chamber of brake in order to keep it cycling with 24g ammunition. :cryss: But not to worry! It has two brakes now and still got interchangeable choke. :super: Once again, where the hell is that camera when needed!?

...To be continued. With pics.

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

:eek: That's AWESOME! Modular brake chambers!!! And two brakes? Please do keep us updated with pictures. And just to be sure I don't hurt anyone's feelings, if I try to copy your magazine well would you be offended? I don't want to be commiting any trade-secrets or copyright issues so permission to emulate it would be most appreciated. Edited by AegisDei

Does anyone know if that is a real-time rate of fire? Or is it somehow sped up? Or is that an automatic saiga? I'm quick with mine, but that was INSANE!!!!!!!!! Even bump-firing I'm slower than that.

I'd suspect a twist tie or something fell in there and accidentally prevented the disconnector from catching the hammer. I've heard of that happening before. Either that or he's just that good! Excellent vid by the way, thanks David! :super::super:

:smoke:

That would mean that it was slamfiring, which AKs usually won't do, and if they did, it would be extremely unsafe. If you look at the older Finn vid (I hope you downloaded a copy), you will see ol' Hoss's finger actually pulling the trigger. It's just a gift. I have a guy at my club who can fire all sorts of rifles and pistols as if full auto. This guy is just talented.

As promised, here it is...

mag.jpg

mur.jpg

And with a FAL for help to figure out length. ;) Now you know why I removed that Sako's pistol grip to make room for FAL's pistol grip. :lol:

bro.jpg

...What's wrong with the FAL? A hint: No need to turn mag when inserted. Correct! It has a straight-push magwell!! ^_^

Umm, well, it can't really be seen exept for that aluminium sheet sticking out in front of the mag.

AegisDei, go ahead and create a magwell. Who knows it just might work better than mine and I'd have to ask you about copying your desing. :rolleyes: But be carefull when cutting that plastic front knob from mag! :mellow:

And a word about that idea of using sliding gate in order to lock mag. Take a guess why Team Shitbird changed stainless steel-extended mag releases into smaller made of aluminium. Think about the recoil Saiga has when fired. It is enough to operate extended mag-release made of steel and thus drop the mag randomly and quite often. So it needed to be a lot lighter... And imagine mag being now that mag release. A huge mass pressing against sliding gate when Saiga moves back because of recoil. It'll surely break free from mag latc if sliding gate doesn't got very stiff springs and that makes mag change "a bit" difficult, don't you think?

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

Is this the same guy who had someone flick an asprin tablet up in the air and he shot it with a .22? He nicked the first one, and powdered the second? It was a ling time ago, it could have been the bow-and-arrow guy doing it, hell, i don't remember.

Edit: Nevermind, it was that Byron Ferguson guy who shot the asprin with a bow and arrow. I can't find the video though. I think I saw this revolver guy on the same show shoot two targets so fast that they had to replay in slow-motion just so you could see that he ACTUALLY FIRED TWICE. He was doing the john wayne hammer-slappin'. Friggin' amazing.

Edited by shaneman153a

That sounds like Bob Munden you're talikin about Shane. I saw him perform a few months ago when I met Uncle Ted. He had a guy in the front row count the shells as he loaded his six shooter to verify that there were actually six in there. They were blanks because it was indoors. Then he popped off all six rds, blowing out candles, in some unbelievable amount of time on the digital clock. It looked and sounded like maybe two shots. Then he handed the guy in the front the gun and it was verified that he fired all 6 :eek:

His wife shoots pretty awesome too.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
...rasing the thread from the dead...

but does anybody have that vid of Jimmukula saved? Some of the guys on the PA forum caught wind of the latest picture and i'm trying to fill them in

Joe

It is on

I do have the video in mpg2 forma (better quality) but can't upload it to the forum as I have a size limit of 750K. I also have some other footage of the gun albeit no bump firing.

Do you have any suggestion on where/how to upload the video? It is about 1,5 Mb in size.

(Edit: Added link)

Edited by Rolling Thunder
Anyone have a location on the video where they are running and gunning thru a stage, they show the speed of there mag reloads. Had some heavy metal background music IIRC.

I've got it saved on my puter. I'll see if I can upload it.

:angry: shit...oh well, super mod powers did no good. It looked like it was doing something for ten minutes or so and then nuthin'...

Maybe someone could link to it? What happened to the original post? Then the one that was reposted later upon request? :unsure:

Damn that PJ's A BAD MF on the trigger! :super:

Edited by Cobra 76 two