What a $600 magazine looks like- pic

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow,

i am also wondering when they will come out. whenever they do, no matter what the price is on them i want 8. also i feel that i speek for all of us here at saiga 12 when i say that i dont think you have to worry about selling enough of them. with the unexpected high pricing of the cs springs how much do you think the mags will run. and do you think that you could run some sort of special price for bulk orders? :unsure:

thanks , Ben

wow,

i am also wondering when they will come out. whenever they do, no matter what the price is on them i want 8. also i feel that i speek for all of us here at saiga 12 when i say that i dont think you have to worry about selling enough of them. with the unexpected high pricing of the cs springs how much do you think the mags will run. and do you think that you could run some sort of special price for bulk orders? :unsure:

thanks , Ben

Kevin has told us that they would be ready for sale by January 30th. Now if someone would sell a mag well and a last round bolt hold open that would be great. Whatever the final price of his mags they will be a lot less than the 8 rounders, not to mention the wait that you usually have to go through to obtain a couple.

Edited by TacticalResponse

wow,

thanks , Ben

Kevin has told us that they would be ready for sale by January 30th. Now if someone would sell a mag well and a last round bolt hold open that would be great. Whatever the final price of his mags they will be a lot less than the 8 rounders, not to mention the wait that you usually have to go through to obtain a couple.

If you get them at all. I got my springs and followers from Ruseller but the bodies and floor-plates never showed up. What a waste of money. Andrei still thinks they'll show up eventually but I'm not holding out any hope. If it's March 30th you're still better off than getting nothing but a few spare parts.

Yes they do, or should!

Speaking for myself, I would like a magwell to give me a wider open area to hit when inserting a magazine, and a lowered piece to index on when removing and inserting mags.

Under stress (like bullets coming your way) it is amazing how narrow the Saiga receiver is, and how difficult it is to get 3 rectangular square inches of mag into it is.

Back when I was in the police academy everybody still carried revolvers, and fast reloads were tricky. I'll always remember my crusty firearm instructor's criticisms: if you were really clumsy he'd tell you "Ya look like you're trying to stick a wet noodle up a wildcat's ass!" Slight improvements were met with the phrase: "I hope you're faster with your zipper when her husband's coming in the door!" He had about a thousand more... You couldn't laugh, you'd get worse, and he'd get pissed.

We're still working on the LRBHO and Mag-well. Getting a mag-well out shouldn't be too big an issue, it's getting a great mag-well that everyone wants, can install, finds attractive, and can afford that is an issue.

There's at least one forum-member that seems to have the LRBHO figured out, and another that is working on it...another year and it will all be available. Patience is the ultimate virtue.

Edited by AegisDei

I think that it's just common sense that we will need to have the new mags out before a magwell or LRBHO is completly designed and built. Hopefully the new mags will be out in the next 3 to 6 weeks. It Does't sound like the new Saiga 12 shipment is very large. Maybe I'll forgo my order so that people that don't yet own one will have a better chance. Just thought that it would be the fair thing to do.

Edited by TacticalResponse
Why would you need a mag well? Don't these hicaps all fit and lock into place with current mag wall and mag release?

Because it's there .... :haha:

I assume a magwell would mean straight insert loads, pushbutton drops. That means no "rock and lock".

I'm going to kick off a new thread to minimize drift and to check that assumption.

Dodge, quit with the fucked up angel looking thing and let us all in on it if you know something.....your making me nuts :haha:

comb my pubes with your teeth.............

:angel:

Dodge....play nice.

You're entitled to healthy sketicism given the history on US S-12 mag development. :P

Wolvie

There'll be no pube combing on this forum unless Indy's icon girls involved.....and Wolvie, I was just playin with Dodge. (although that ofensive angel thing really does make me a little unstable when the new mags are involved.....I should probably go pester Cobra since he's most likely an insider) :angel::angel:

Shit, now he's got me doing it.

Hehe!......One Marine...Trans'd to an Army Unit...reup'd just ta getin to my Unit....All the scan'n of the Base LZs..make'n sure the MPIs were'nt wait'n for us again..all the restricted ta base/Qtrs await'n Article hearings..contemplating brig time...get'n our stories/reports straight...the be'n threatened with Leveanworth by all the many COs'..we went thru...wonder'n if there really was a base in the aleutions that sole duty was count'n whales off a ice flows...Damn!..I miss those days!!...It was one fuck'n adventure after another!!Never a dull dust off!.....

Thanks Dodge!..Ya bring back a lot'a great mems...:-)

Howdy Z1500!

Any update on these fine things?

;)

Oh geez. Someone shoot me in the head.

I'm not going to make my end of January prophecy. That's now less than 2 weeks away and I'd have to have molds done right now to have parts in hand then. And the molds aren't finnished. I'm really not jerking you guys around. We are very very close to finnished product, but things became more difficult a couple weeks ago when I made yet another decision to make them extra bad ass.

Good news is I shot the prototype again yesterday. What a kick in the pants that gun is.

Kevin

Howdy Z1500!

;)

I'm not going to make my end of January prophecy. That's now less than 2 weeks away and I'd have to have molds done right now to have parts in hand then. And the molds aren't finnished. I'm really not jerking you guys around. We are very very close to finnished product, but things became more difficult a couple weeks ago when I made yet another decision to make them extra bad ass.

Good news is I shot the prototype again yesterday. What a kick in the pants that gun is.

Kevin

Come on Kevin. This is a holy grail. You have a growing customer base. All of us S-12 wannabes are waiting for the new Saigas to hit the dealers hands. When that happens we are all gonna want some of those mean looking bad ass high capacity S-12 mags your making. We're counting on you..........bigtime!!! :up::up:

Wolverine

Howdy Z1500!

;)

Kevin

I'm not upset nor surprised by this, you took your best guess a while back and it was nice of you to post it up.

If you dare tell, how far behind schedule? I wouldn't hold you to the next guess either.

Are we still tracking your original estimate +/- a few bucks?

I find the info useful. I take it with a grain of salt, and it helps me to know if we are talking a week or two, a month or so, or more than 2 months. I try to plan my purchases so that I don't over cook the checkbook, and I definitely want to have cash in hand for this.