Well, I have what I refer to as a "Dream client." I tattoo for a living, and once in a while a client takes his tattoos as seriously as I do. The results can be very rewarding for both of us. A local Bison rancher wants a chest piece of 2 of his favorite Bulls, so I went to his ranch on my day off, (I work a 60 hr week so that is precuious time) and took the needed photos for the tattoo reference. Not many folks have the patience to wait, and have me visit their ranch, get to know them and their subject/Bison, and then let me be an artist. What a wonderfull rancher and client. We spent 5 hours together just talking amongst the herd, getting the feel of one another.

The best part is that we are going to trade for the tattoo. He doesn't just have meat, He makes soap, gloves, mittens, hats, coats, and anything you can make from a Bison all on his own ranch!! Skulls, painted skulls....anything you can think of.

I have always tried to put out the extra mile in Work-ethic, and with a client like this, it is worth spending a few hours on his ranch after a long week.

I got to toutch some Gigantic Bulls. These are NOT domesticated by any Cattle standards....both Bulls and Cows will seek out and KILL weaker members of the heard, and have been known to charge humans when aggitated. I saw some Cows with pretty nasty injuries because newer ranch hands did not know what cows to seperate from one another.

Needless to say, I HAD to toutch them!!! Very fun day!! Even saw some Bald Eagles.

post-16191-0-82214900-1361252067_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-77889700-1361252090_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-23548800-1361252118_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-66299600-1361252139_thumb.jpg

• Like 14
Cool post! Thanks for taking the extra time to do a good "human" job. Hard to find people who take pride in their work these days. They are out there, but you have to go through ten 1/2 asses to find the good guys???? Good luck!!

Thanks! I dedicate most of my life to my trade, and sleeping well is its own reward!! I could make more money shuffling folks through the door, but making friends who take the same unselfish pride in their work is wonderful. This Rancher, and his family all work together to keep their land profitable and work nonstop. My Grandfather was a rancher and I know that the job is 24/7. Now this rancher knows that his artist has the same commitment to his job.....Feels good.

And I'm not just an Artist, I have worked the land and have a hearty respect for folks around here that make it work!

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 5

Very cool! Sounds like a fun day!

I remember my dad getting chased up a tree from a bison while fishing. Well, I dont know if my dad was chased or overly cautious, the bison was on the other side of the river from the tree he chose ( we were fly fishing). That said, I dont blame him, those things are massive!

It's so fluffy I think I'm gonna DIE!! :D

That is VERY cool that you can do a trade like that! I also like Bison meat, and Elk! My family visited Wyoming last year, and we had plenty of both for lunch and dinner! :up:

I just wish it was less expensive to order, or I'd stock up regularly.

We visited Yellowstone Nat. Park many years ago, this was shortly after they had cleared out all the bears due to too many incidents with the tourists. We got to know one of the rangers pretty well, we kept running in to her at various places during the week! She told us that they were having more of a problem with the Bison than they did with the bears! It seems that Bison have a long patience, but a short temper, so they'll put up with quite a bit of idiocy from the tourists, but when their patience runs out they go straight to CHARGE! Even as big as they are, they can still reach nearly 30 mph. in a VERY short distance! ohmy.png

Nice...i'm out of MT too and was looking for a good artist to get some work done. Where is your shop out of? I wouldn't mind checking out some of your work if you get some time. Maybe you could hit me up on a PM? Good luck with the trade as well...Bison is definitely some lean tasty stuff.

Yep. I've bartered more deals than cash deals. Right after we got to our new dive, I helped the neighbor across the way get his snowblower back up and running(fouled plug and clogged carb). I ended up with some elk jerky and a half case of 5.56 62gr. Lake City. Gotta love rural living. big_smile.gif

• Like 1

What majestic animals and how fortunate you are to have experienced this. Sometimes going the extra mile can be a reward unto itself. And man, I would be getting measured for a Buffalo hide coat right now if I were you!032.gif

Edited by Jpanzer
What majestic animals and how fortunate you are to have exerienced this. sometimes going the extra mile can be a reward unto itself. And man, I would be getting measured for a Buffalo hide coat right now if I were you!032.gif

Guess what....My lovely Lady called Dibs on that as soon as I told her about this Fella....I'm lookin foreward to at least some Slippers for me!

• Like 1

Tattooing is a very personal thing. Taking the time to listen to the customer will usually yield great results. Please post up pics of the tat when you're done with it. I'm sure we all want to see what comes out of this.

Great story.

Man I would love some Buffalo tongue & liver.

When I drove long haul, I used to stop in Big Cabin, OK and buy buffalo meat and then BBQ, frikking awesome.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

A friend of mine in Wyoming made me some Buffalo chili. Oh man it was soooo good. I ate half the pot, and spent the other half the night on the shitter. lol. It was worth it IMO.

• Like 1

A friend of mine in Wyoming made me some Buffalo chili. Oh man it was soooo good. I ate half the pot, and spent the other half the night on the shitter. lol. It was worth it IMO.

What else did he put in that chile? horror.gif Unless it was just too spicy for your tender innards? haha.gif

• Like 2

Back in the day, I used to work for a rancher up there who decided to dabble in Bison. We had to build a "Corral from Hell" using line poles and big timbers so we could keep them away from the other livestock. (He had around 1000 head of Angus and 50 or so Quarter Horses). We ended up with about 100 Bison over time which required meticulous shifting to different parts of the acreage so they could graze. Those beasts do not play well with horses and can run just as fast! I left for the Military before any went to the slaughterhouse so I have no idea how fun that was loading them in the cattle hauler. Angus Bulls were bad enough. Great pics Rob! Post some more of the ink when you are done.

thats what i thought! i was like, man, people cant be bumping up something unrelated to guns so much.... for the record, i thiink ^are "bizon"

While you will usually see it called by the Russian Bizon, the english word is Bison.

Did that there chili have BEANS in it by chance? Hmmmmmmm????

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the result of our first session. We are actually covering up an old Tiger tattoo, barely visible at the bottom. This was 3 and 1/2 hours of work. Probably another 3 hours to finish this one, then onto the other side of his chest.

What do ya think of it so far?

post-16191-0-09253900-1362196362.jpg