Photo
- - - - -

Catamount Fury Semi-Auto 12GA Shotgun (Chinese) Saiga)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 jerry52

jerry52

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

http://www.youtube.c...ayer_embedded#!

Was looking for a S12 or 20 when I ran on to this. Does not accept Saiga mags.

$699 What do you think?

Here is where they are selling them

Centerfire Systems

Edited by tritium, 04 June 2013 - 04:21 PM.
: nonvendor link removed

• Pyzik likes this

#2 Maxwelhse

Maxwelhse

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Jerry, this is like the 5th re-post... ;)

I know a few vendors are looking into them...

• Pyzik, saltydecimator, Syndicate and 1 other like this

#3 Stryker0946

Stryker0946

Top Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Chinese copy. Blahhhh. I'd buy one for 300 at the most.

• saltydecimator, Maxwelhse, Syndicate and 1 other like this

"I'm not exactly sure you should be calling me a novice,

chances are I've killed a lot more things than you at a lot longer ranges, but you don't know that since you don't know me." -by unknown brass "sir"

#4 liberty -r- death

liberty -r- death

I walk where the devil dances. . .

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Chinese copy. Blahhhh. I'd buy one for 300 at the most.

Yep about $300 would be my price. Hell, we got my son's Saiga 410 for $279 before everyone decided they wanted one. That was maybe 2 years ago. Might be smaller guage but's Russian, and with my home loads it packs a punch.
  • Pyzik and saltydecimator like this
- even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while -
- Obuhmer won the election, we're fucked, keep on prepping -

#5 patriot

patriot

America...Love it or get the hell out!

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Skip it and get the real thing. Their AKs are inferior, this will be too. And yes, I've fired REAL as-issued Chi-com AKs, and Soviet AKs. No comparison.

Flame on if you must. Exercise those internet muscles. BTDT.

• Syndicate likes this

Fighting for your rights whether you deserve them or not. Pro Patria Vigilans
"The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are constitutional rights secure." Albert Einstein ...remember the Four Boxes. Psalm 109:8
Tromix.....When it HAS to be Loud and Proud!

#6 jerry52

jerry52

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Thanks Guys ,live and Learn

• Maxwelhse likes this

#7 red308

red308

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

well i bought one for 699 plus shipping and transfer fee will come close 800 total purchase price. I should get it the middle of next week and i am very excited so lets hope everyone's first thoughts on these is wrong and it turns out to be a nice shotgun.I don't have a s12 so i figured i would try it. if it turns out to be shit then so be it. i will take some pics when i get it.

• well2160 and TheJoe90 like this

#8 Maxwelhse

Maxwelhse

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

well i bought one for 699 plus shipping and transfer fee will come close 800 total purchase price. I should get it the middle of next week and i am very excited so lets hope everyone's first thoughts on these is wrong and it turns out to be a nice shotgun.I don't have a s12 so i figured i would try it. if it turns out to be shit then so be it. i will take some pics when i get it.

$800 otd?

Wow! Good for you being a trail blazer! (Seriously! Thanks for taking the leap!!! but... WOW!!!)

I hope it works out well and that it's a viable shotgun! Keep us posted!

Edited by Maxwelhse, 12 April 2013 - 09:52 PM.

• saltydecimator likes this

#9 FORKLIFT352

FORKLIFT352

Executive Member

• PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

I'm staying tuned for more info... Way to fall on the sword!
  • Maxwelhse likes this

#10 HighPlainsDrifter

HighPlainsDrifter

Payin' the fiddler...

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

deadhorse.gif

• Maxwelhse likes this

"Alaskans are hard-living, fast-drinking, and cheap-loving."  - Mr. Whitekeys

#11 jerry52

jerry52

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Can not find any S-12 for less than $900 or even a 20 .Guess I will have to wait it out

#12 red308

red308

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

the price was 740$ from centerfire after there 3% non cash fee and shipping and my local gun shop charges 45$ for background check and transfer so the total out the door price 785$ for the fury 1.

#13 Syndicate

Syndicate

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

they shoulda named it the cattywumpus

• Jpanzer likes this
If "elitist" just means "not the dumbest motherfucker in the room," I'll be an elitist! (From Get Your War On!)

ADD is a hoax. There’s no scientific and then there was a car chase, and ooh, I gotta go pee, then this guy, you’re funny! Yesterday I lemonade

#14 dubya

dubya

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

the price was 740$ from centerfire after there 3% non cash fee and shipping and my local gun shop charges 45$ for background check and transfer so the total out the door price 785$ for the fury 1.

$45!!! Holy sheet! I pay $10 per transfer. Until I finish my FFL licence that is.

#15 HighPlainsDrifter

HighPlainsDrifter

Payin' the fiddler...

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

I am glad someone finally picked one up!  Keep us posted.  It'll definitely make this thread more interesting.  Take pictures of the magazine as well.  I wonder what it's going to take to get cross compatible magazines? 

$45!!! Holy sheet! I pay $10 per transfer. Until I finish my FFL licence that is.

You make it sound like you live in the land of cheap sega's!  Up here I have seen transfer rates range from $35-$50.  I already mentioned that Wasr-10 at Wild West Guns for $1400. 

"Alaskans are hard-living, fast-drinking, and cheap-loving."  - Mr. Whitekeys

#16 dustindu4

dustindu4

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

chanks a rot

• Jpanzer, saltydecimator and Syndicate like this

#17 HappYBallZ

HappYBallZ

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

More choices are always better but what is this shit with not being able to accepting Saiga magazine? That is dumb as hell.

• saltydecimator likes this

#18 dubya

dubya

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

I am glad someone finally picked one up!  Keep us posted.  It'll definitely make this thread more interesting.  Take pictures of the magazine as well.  I wonder what it's going to take to get cross compatible magazines? 

Most FFL's here charge $25 unless you go to an actual gun shop then its $50 usually which is ridiculous. There are two within 15 minutes of me that are only $10 though.

You make it sound like you live in the land of cheap sega's!  Up here I have seen transfer rates range from $35-$50.  I already mentioned that Wasr-10 at Wild West Guns for $1400. 

#19 bitters

bitters

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

"Does not accept Saiga mags." And like that, all interest was lost.

• Vulcan and Syndicate like this
We were shooting at a mound of dirt, well nothing was broken, nothing was hurt, but I probably really should've been at work....

#20 Big John!

Big John!

Breast Inspector (.)(.)

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Did the chinese think to offer aftermarket mags for this gun or are you stuck with one stock mag?  Where there's a will there's a way.  If these turn out to be worth a shit, someone will spend a week in their garage with a dremel and some shoe goo to make Saiga mags work.

• HighPlainsDrifter likes this

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law abiding citizens."

Boomsick42  I laid a mile of pipe in that basement, three inches at a time.

#21 uzitiger

uzitiger

Citizen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Did the chinese think to offer aftermarket mags for this gun or are you stuck with one stock mag?  Where there's a will there's a way.  If these turn out to be worth a shit, someone will spend a week in their garage with a dremel and some shoe goo to make Saiga mags work.

That's a good question.  I remember that a Chinese shotgun which came with one three round and one five round magazine was being sold at Dunham's.  Those were the only magazines the buyer would have.  This could be the same problem here unless an aftermarket maker decides to produce them in the US which depends on the number of shotguns sold. 

I did see one at a local gun shop for $699 and they said they don't take Saiga magazines.

You don't have to be Jewish to join JPFO

#22 red308

red308

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

the gun i ordered comes with two 5 round mags

i pay 10$ for the transfer and 35$ to the gun shop to do the paperwork and receive the rifle from ups hence the 45$ transfer cost.

#23 Stryker0946

Stryker0946

Top Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

Holy transfer fees Batman! I guss we're spoiled in Montana. Transfers around here average 15-20 bucks. Almost every shop in the area knows that it's important not to screw the people who shop for stuff online. They embrace them and hope to earn their business.

Every time I do a transfer, I end up buying something in the shop. I would never pay 45 for a transfer. Paperwork takes a second and the background check takes a few minutes. That's a good way to loose a lot of business.

"I'm not exactly sure you should be calling me a novice,

chances are I've killed a lot more things than you at a lot longer ranges, but you don't know that since you don't know me." -by unknown brass "sir"

#24 bitters

bitters

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

Good point. Maybe I was too quick to judge.

We were shooting at a mound of dirt, well nothing was broken, nothing was hurt, but I probably really should've been at work....

#25 red308

red308

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

Holy transfer fees Batman! I guss we're spoiled in Montana. Transfers around here average 15-20 bucks. Almost every shop in the area knows that it's important not to screw the people who shop for stuff online. They embrace them and hope to earn their business.

Every time I do a transfer, I end up buying something in the shop. I would never pay 45 for a transfer. Paperwork takes a second and the background check takes a few minutes. That's a good way to loose a lot of business.

well that's as cheap as they come in my area 

#26 saltydecimator

saltydecimator

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

ya, ithink they come with 2 mags, 2 chokes, and i am convinced that saiga mags could be made to work. especially on the fury 2 model... its a magwell model, so if you have the file out already....... ya might as well make it fit this model. its still a 12 GA, So i cant see how theyu could be that different....

i am very surprised that red is the first to snag one of these... granted, its a high price, and i dont think i want a real saiga for 7, but thats what the market is doing right now..... has tromix mentioned anytiung aboot this? i remember tony sounding butt hurt aboot the 1919 not gettin adopted and he had some money into them....

Reasonable Politician Control Measures:

-Breathalyzer is mandatory in all personal vehicles

-Only 40% of campaign money can be used on Cocaine and personal luxury items

-Limit of 2 call girls per legislative session (can have multiple rendezvous with taxpayers money, however must be the same 2)

-When a seat becomes vacant, it can only be sold for 110% of what it was sold for last

-All bribery money must be reported on form 1099-Misc

am the gun lobby you treasonous slime!!!!

#27 SaigaSlinger

SaigaSlinger

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

So if the rifle was made in africa and you wrote (nigger saiga) I'm assuming there would be a lot of anger against this post and no one would have even discussed the rifle at hand. I'm saying this because a lot of people get seriously butt hurt and scream "racist" whenever blacks are insulted but the word "chink" was used and no one thought any thing about it. I could care less about blacks or asians, just making an observation.

• AOJ, BB1980, Syndicate and 1 other like this
Never use Skittles as a substitute for kevlar

#28 jerry52

jerry52

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Okay! Its

Catamount Fury Semi-Auto 12GA Shotgun (Black Chink Saiga)
  • TheJoe90 likes this

#29 red308

red308

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Okay! Its

Catamount Fury Semi-Auto 12GA Shotgun (Black Chink Saiga)

tru dat!

#30 Venia

Venia

Bonus Civis

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

The price is now down to $399.95 at J&G, guess nobody wants it.

"The only real wisdom is knowing you know nothing" Socrates

“The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. And the first to forget is the happiest.” Unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users