Catamount Fury Semi-Auto 12GA Shotgun (Chinese) Saiga)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL73FA7AECDB8A7E50&v=vTFIWCHGvSY&feature=player_embedded#!

Was looking for a S12 or 20 when I ran on to this. Does not accept Saiga mags.

$699 What do you think?

Here is where they are selling them

Centerfire Systems

Edited by tritium
: nonvendor link removed
  • Like 1
Chinese copy. Blahhhh. I'd buy one for 300 at the most.

Yep about $300 would be my price. Hell, we got my son's Saiga 410 for $279 before everyone decided they wanted one. That was maybe 2 years ago. Might be smaller guage but's Russian, and with my home loads it packs a punch.

• Like 2

Skip it and get the real thing. Their AKs are inferior, this will be too. And yes, I've fired REAL as-issued Chi-com AKs, and Soviet AKs. No comparison.

Flame on if you must. Exercise those internet muscles. BTDT.

• Like 1

well i bought one for 699 plus shipping and transfer fee will come close 800 total purchase price. I should get it the middle of next week and i am very excited so lets hope everyone's first thoughts on these is wrong and it turns out to be a nice shotgun.I don't have a s12 so i figured i would try it. if it turns out to be shit then so be it. i will take some pics when i get it.

• Like 2
well i bought one for 699 plus shipping and transfer fee will come close 800 total purchase price. I should get it the middle of next week and i am very excited so lets hope everyone's first thoughts on these is wrong and it turns out to be a nice shotgun.I don't have a s12 so i figured i would try it. if it turns out to be shit then so be it. i will take some pics when i get it.

$800 otd?

Wow! Good for you being a trail blazer! (Seriously! Thanks for taking the leap!!! but... WOW!!!)

I hope it works out well and that it's a viable shotgun! Keep us posted!

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1
the price was 740$ from centerfire after there 3% non cash fee and shipping and my local gun shop charges 45$ for background check and transfer so the total out the door price 785$ for the fury 1.

$45!!! Holy sheet! I pay $10 per transfer. Until I finish my FFL licence that is.

I am glad someone finally picked one up! Keep us posted. It'll definitely make this thread more interesting. Take pictures of the magazine as well. I wonder what it's going to take to get cross compatible magazines?

the price was 740$ from centerfire after there 3% non cash fee and shipping and my local gun shop charges 45$ for background check and transfer so the total out the door price 785$ for the fury 1.

$45!!! Holy sheet! I pay $10 per transfer. Until I finish my FFL licence that is.

You make it sound like you live in the land of cheap sega's! Up here I have seen transfer rates range from $35-$50. I already mentioned that Wasr-10 at Wild West Guns for $1400.

I am glad someone finally picked one up! Keep us posted. It'll definitely make this thread more interesting. Take pictures of the magazine as well. I wonder what it's going to take to get cross compatible magazines?

Most FFL's here charge $25 unless you go to an actual gun shop then its $50 usually which is ridiculous. There are two within 15 minutes of me that are only $10 though.

You make it sound like you live in the land of cheap sega's! Up here I have seen transfer rates range from $35-$50. I already mentioned that Wasr-10 at Wild West Guns for $1400.

Did the chinese think to offer aftermarket mags for this gun or are you stuck with one stock mag? Where there's a will there's a way. If these turn out to be worth a shit, someone will spend a week in their garage with a dremel and some shoe goo to make Saiga mags work.

• Like 1
Did the chinese think to offer aftermarket mags for this gun or are you stuck with one stock mag? Where there's a will there's a way. If these turn out to be worth a shit, someone will spend a week in their garage with a dremel and some shoe goo to make Saiga mags work.

That's a good question. I remember that a Chinese shotgun which came with one three round and one five round magazine was being sold at Dunham's. Those were the only magazines the buyer would have. This could be the same problem here unless an aftermarket maker decides to produce them in the US which depends on the number of shotguns sold.

I did see one at a local gun shop for $699 and they said they don't take Saiga magazines.

the gun i ordered comes with two 5 round mags

i pay 10$ for the transfer and 35$ to the gun shop to do the paperwork and receive the rifle from ups hence the 45$ transfer cost.

Holy transfer fees Batman! I guss we're spoiled in Montana. Transfers around here average 15-20 bucks. Almost every shop in the area knows that it's important not to screw the people who shop for stuff online. They embrace them and hope to earn their business.

Every time I do a transfer, I end up buying something in the shop. I would never pay 45 for a transfer. Paperwork takes a second and the background check takes a few minutes. That's a good way to loose a lot of business.

Good point. Maybe I was too quick to judge.

Holy transfer fees Batman! I guss we're spoiled in Montana. Transfers around here average 15-20 bucks. Almost every shop in the area knows that it's important not to screw the people who shop for stuff online. They embrace them and hope to earn their business.

Every time I do a transfer, I end up buying something in the shop. I would never pay 45 for a transfer. Paperwork takes a second and the background check takes a few minutes. That's a good way to loose a lot of business.

well that's as cheap as they come in my area

ya, ithink they come with 2 mags, 2 chokes, and i am convinced that saiga mags could be made to work. especially on the fury 2 model... its a magwell model, so if you have the file out already....... ya might as well make it fit this model. its still a 12 GA, So i cant see how theyu could be that different....

i am very surprised that red is the first to snag one of these... granted, its a high price, and i dont think i want a real saiga for 7, but thats what the market is doing right now..... has tromix mentioned anytiung aboot this? i remember tony sounding butt hurt aboot the 1919 not gettin adopted and he had some money into them....

So if the rifle was made in africa and you wrote (nigger saiga) I'm assuming there would be a lot of anger against this post and no one would have even discussed the rifle at hand. I'm saying this because a lot of people get seriously butt hurt and scream "racist" whenever blacks are insulted but the word "chink" was used and no one thought any thing about it. I could care less about blacks or asians, just making an observation.

• Like 4
  • 7 months later...