Almost fell over, Walmart had ammo today

I went into my local Walmart to get my son his Pokemon cards for making A honor roll and decided to do my obligatory walk to sporting goods to check for ammo. As I turned the corner I noticed they had more lining the shelves than normal, but seemed pretty slim still. Got up close and saw .357sig WWB, 50 packs, and was stoked. Planned to grab a couple to stick in the closet, and as I scanned the shelves I saw Wolf .223 steel cased for $5.27 a box, 6 boxes on the shelf. I grabbed my daily limit of three and had the wife begrudgingly also grab her daily three. Was nice to get 120 rounds for $31 ($,27 each), since the only shop in town who had this same ammo was charging $13 a box.

I feel ya man, today at lunch break i went to the local wally world and was stoked to see x39 tula fmj in stock for 5.17$ i grabbed my allotment of 3 boxes wishing i had at least one other person around to grab me 3 more. Other places local are trying to get 10$/box for the exact same shit lol. I prefer hollowpoints but im going to save my stash of them for a realllly rainy day, and wait until prices settle online before making an order for more.

My local Walmart randomly gets 500 round spam cans for $134. The owner of a local shop always shows up, with 3-4 guys that work for him, and they buy up everything they can before anyone else can. Then we get to see it broken down and price jacked at his gun counter.

I made a comment about how shitty this was and he then lashed out with "if you don't support the free market, then you DON'T support the constitution". Yeah... free market and all that. Whatever. It's still shitty to try to keep people from buying it so they can price rape people.

Sorry... Rant over.

Good news is, I heard our Walmart has a stockpile of ammo and is holding it, building up stock for their grand opening of their gun counter. They want to have plenty for all their customers that day and their prices are still right!

MENACE,

WAS IT ALL WOLF AND TULA, PLUS PPU?

JESS1344

All the rifle ammo was, but my AR eats it as good as brass cased so I am ok with it.

They did have WWB in .357SIG, .38 special, and .380. That was great to see considering the only ammo they have had in months is 7mm-08, 7mm, and 270wsm.

My local Walmart randomly gets 500 round spam cans for $134. The owner of a local shop always shows up, with 3-4 guys that work for him, and they buy up everything they can before anyone else can. Then we get to see it broken down and price jacked at his gun counter.

I made a comment about how shitty this was and he then lashed out with "if you don't support the free market, then you DON'T support the constitution". Yeah... free market and all that. Whatever. It's still shitty to try to keep people from buying it so they can price rape people.

Sorry... Rant over.

Good news is, I heard our Walmart has a stockpile of ammo and is holding it, building up stock for their grand opening of their gun counter. They want to have plenty for all their customers that day and their prices are still right!

We had a local shop doing the exact same thing. Actually changed their hour of operation so they could be there and make sure they got it all. The owner defended himself by saying that he was limiting it to one box per person to make sure everyone got some. When I asked why he needed to double the price to do that he said he was paying his employees OT to be there and he had to recoop his costs. His worked said "I didnt have no OT in my check". Made me laugh

MENACE,

All the rifle ammo was, but my AR eats it as good as brass cased so I am ok with it.

TRACKS WITH WHAT I'VE BEEN HEARING AND READING, IE, THAT THE RUSSIANS ARE RUNNING 24/7 ON AMMO PRODUCTION, WITH THE SERBIANS A CLOSE SECOND, TO FILL OUR AMMO VACUUM OVER HERE.

SHOULD BE PISTOL AMMO COMING ALSO.

NEVER SEEN ANY SPAM CAN AMMO IN ANY HOUSTON AREA W-MART I'VE BEEN IN.

WHAT CALIBER WAS THAT SPAM CAN STUFF IN?

JESS1344

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JESS1344" data-cid="894688" data-time="1366841662"><p>

<strong class='bbc'><span style='color: #000000'>MENACE,</span></strong><br />

<span style='color: #0000cd'>All the rifle ammo was, but my AR eats it as good as brass cased so I am ok with it.</span><br />

<br />

<strong class='bbc'>TRACKS WITH WHAT I'VE BEEN HEARING AND READING, IE, THAT THE RUSSIANS ARE RUNNING 24/7 ON AMMO PRODUCTION, WITH THE SERBIANS A CLOSE SECOND, TO FILL OUR AMMO VACUUM OVER HERE.</strong><br />

<br />

<strong class='bbc'> SHOULD BE PISTOL AMMO COMING ALSO.</strong><br />

<br />

<strong class='bbc'> NEVER SEEN ANY SPAM CAN AMMO IN ANY HOUSTON AREA W-MART I'VE BEEN IN.</strong><br />

<br />

<strong class='bbc'> WHAT CALIBER WAS THAT SPAM CAN STUFF IN?</strong><br />

<br />

<strong class='bbc'> JESS1344</strong></p></blockquote>

They did have tula .45 auto also, but i would neer put that in my pistols so i forgot to mention it. I hope the russians keep it coming. My AR loves some Tula and wolf.

Sorry to hear that max, but it was that way here till today and we are an area of about 50,000 so hopefully it will start show up everywhere else also.

Sorry to hear that max, but it was that way here till today and we are an area of about 50,000 so hopefully it will start show up everywhere else also.

Eh... Meijer isn't really the place to get ammo anyhow. I do my grocery shopping there so I always sniff around the sporting goods department to see what they have. When the reports of ammo availability become more prevalent I'll cruise up to the "country" Walmart that carries guns and load up... They're also right next to a Rural King that usually has a decent inventory of common calibers. The Rural King trip will get me trouble though. I can never get out of that place for less than $300... I think it's the free popcorn.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JESS1344" data-cid="894688" data-time="1366841662"><p>

<strong class='bbc'><span style='color: #000000'>MENACE,</span></strong><br />

<span style='color: #0000cd'>All the rifle ammo was, but my AR eats it as good as brass cased so I am ok with it.</span><br />

<br />

<strong class='bbc'>TRACKS WITH WHAT I'VE BEEN HEARING AND READING, IE, THAT THE RUSSIANS ARE RUNNING 24/7 ON AMMO PRODUCTION, WITH THE SERBIANS A CLOSE SECOND, TO FILL OUR AMMO VACUUM OVER HERE.</strong><br />

<br />

<strong class='bbc'> SHOULD BE PISTOL AMMO COMING ALSO.</strong><br />

<br />

<strong class='bbc'> NEVER SEEN ANY SPAM CAN AMMO IN ANY HOUSTON AREA W-MART I'VE BEEN IN.</strong><br />

<br />

<strong class='bbc'> WHAT CALIBER WAS THAT SPAM CAN STUFF IN?</strong><br />

<br />

<strong class='bbc'> JESS1344</strong></p></blockquote>

They did have tula .45 auto also, but i would neer put that in my pistols so i forgot to mention it. I hope the russians keep it coming. My AR loves some Tula and wolf.

My Glocks love Tulammo. They also love my paying under $15 per box. I'm looking forward to it being back in stock as my stash is lower than I like it.

Sorry... Rant over.

You should have nicely explained to him how you absolutely support the constitution and would heavily excercise your 1a right to tell everyone you know and everyone in the area's Armslist what he was doing and that you (your family, and all of your friends in your "very large gun club") would also never set foot in his store again. Oh yeah... Then promptly tell him to eat a dick.

The LGS's I've been dealing with here have IMO done a great job during this. They have done their best on pricing as far as I can see. One in particular has been very fair about putting it out at different times so that gougers can't really get a read on it and pricing has been usually better that anywhere else except WM which really doesn't coun't cuz they had none.

There is 7.62x39 in every store here. Makes me wish I had one.

My local Wallyworld most always has Tula 7.62x39, 9mm, and .45. Frequently they have Tula .223. Other than those, mostly high end hunting ammo in the popular hunting calibers. 12 ga is hit and miss. Plenty of 20 ga though.

I'd fall over if I went to Wally-world and there wasn't one single MORON in the store!!!!

Though it could be argued, that, if I were in the store, there would be at least 1.

• Like 1
MENACE,

TRACKS WITH WHAT I'VE BEEN HEARING AND READING, IE, THAT THE RUSSIANS ARE RUNNING 24/7 ON AMMO PRODUCTION, WITH THE SERBIANS A CLOSE SECOND, TO FILL OUR AMMO VACUUM OVER HERE.

SHOULD BE PISTOL AMMO COMING ALSO.

NEVER SEEN ANY SPAM CAN AMMO IN ANY HOUSTON AREA W-MART I'VE BEEN IN.

WHAT CALIBER WAS THAT SPAM CAN STUFF IN?

JESS1344

Did you hear about the latest EO. Body Odor basically told the AFT they can stop allow imports of guns and ammo. Basically from what I've heard is the Small Arms treaty in a run around way.

I'd fall over if I went to Wally-world and there wasn't one single MORON in the store!!!!

Though it could be argued, that, if I were in the store, there would be at least 1.

I think it's fair to say, in any enterprise that employs more than 20 people, you're going find a minimum of 1 idiot... ;)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="deadeye" data-cid="894841" data-time="1366859431"><p>

3 box limit pisses me off</p></blockquote>

I am not a fan of it either, but at this point it is worth the 15 minute drive back tomorrow for more :-)

DAYOFRUIN,

OK, THANKS, NEVER SEEN ANYTHING IN SPAM CANS, IN ANY CALIBER, IN ANY OF THE WAL-MARTS IN MY AREA.

MAYBE IT JUST HASN'T WORKED ITS WAY DOWN HERE YET.

I'LL ASK MY HOMETOWN W-MART CONTACT IF HE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

ARE THEY SELLING IT WITH THE CAN OPENER?

JESS1344

we've been getting pretty lucky here in Upstate N.Y. lately. got 3 boxes of Winchester .556 at Wally World the other day. $12.00 a box of 20. then the next day there was Tula Brassmax big_smile.gif in the case!! $16.00 a box, 50 to a box! nice! there was quite a bit of it too. i think its starting to loosen up. that asshat at the gun shop needs a good asskicking.

Living in or near a major city like Jacksonville (million plus population) you would be amazed how many pieces of shit are here. Craziest part is there is a gun store here called Shooters and their staff are dicks to everyone yet they stay in business due to their huge inventory. I personally just refuse to spend any of my money there anymore.

I will give props to a LGS called Oakwell armory in Kingsland GA, just over the FL line. I had a .45 sent there for transfer and when it arrived there was no .45 ammo in the area to be had for any price. The guy who works there reloads ammo for personal use. When I was bummed about no ammo he actually sold me a box of his hand loaded competition ammo so I could have something to shoot. That is customer service.

Living in or near a major city like Jacksonville (million plus population) you would be amazed how many pieces of shit are here. Craziest part is there is a gun store here called Shooters and their staff are dicks to everyone yet they stay in business due to their huge inventory. I personally just refuse to spend any of my money there anymore.

I will give props to a LGS called Oakwell armory in Kingsland GA, just over the FL line. I had a .45 sent there for transfer and when it arrived there was no .45 ammo in the area to be had for any price. The guy who works there reloads ammo for personal use. When I was bummed about no ammo he actually sold me a box of his hand loaded competition ammo so I could have something to shoot. That is customer service.

That's awesome customer service. The LGS I've been frequenting has ammo held back just for gun purchasers. Good people to deal with for sure.

I love Oakwell and always try to shop there first. Best part is their pricing policy is 20% mark up. If you want a $300 gun, you pay $360 (plus tax) and transfer and all is included so no extra ghost fees. Got my XDS from them last year for $505 plus tax. Gotta love keeping it simple. I have been hard pressed to find cheaper prices on most guns also.

Anything i have sent to them for transfer is $20. They mail all my stuff out to out of state people for $20 when I sell something.

Edited by menace667

Dammit! New WM opened in Ft. Collins and I thought it wasn't till tomorrow. Got to thinking bout' it and called just to verify and they had opened yesterday. This WM is one of the smaller ones and off the beaten track so when I called I had them send me back to ammo. Dude said people were waiting in line and all the good stuff was gone in an hour. ugghhh...