Maybe a month away, how much will you pay?

53 members have voted

1. 1. How much will you pay for a Saiga this summer if they come in?

• No more than $400
    • No more than $500
    • No more than $600
    • I will pay whatever

So if the rumors are true, we may start seeing Saiga rifles for sale at the usual places in the next couple of months. Maybe not, who knows? But, if the Saigas do come in over summer, I am sure the demand is probably going to be pretty high. I am still kicking myself for not getting another 7.62 when they were $299 this time last year.

That being said, we have been in a pretty good drought, so I know alot of people are itching to do another conversion. What are you willing to pay for the Saigas if they do make it over here this summer?

Considering all the work that has to be done to them to feel and shoot well, I won't pay more than 400usd for one. I might not ever get one at that price again but, I have owned several and still have a few so no need for more. It would be nice to make my own saiga12. I just had tac47 do it right for me the first time when I got an old port st lucie import. The 5.45 was done by my friend who has a shop in the sticks and was an armorer in nam. He invited me to work on a rifle there but at that time the saiga was around 800.

I think they will be under $400, just when is the question.

This time last year they were $299-350, and the IZ340 with the converted front-end was around $450. I don't think we will see $300 anytime in the few years, but the $400-$450 mark is what I am looking for.

I still have a Bulgarian Kit to finish and I plan on stripping and repainting my two Saigas this summer. Still lots to play with before I would consider another gun. I grabbed my second when they dropped to $299 (before my first was even complete) and then the parts kit before the second Saiga was finished, just before the chaos, then it was on to stockpiling ammo to feed the monsters before the drought!

Busy, Busy...

$400-450 for a pre converted front-end would be a good price. IMHO

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

You can talk about all you will and won't pay 'til you're blue in the face. They're gonna hit the shelves at no less than $600 and stay that way because people will still be buying them. They might not be flying of the shelves like they were... but there is still a high demand for overpriced rifles out there.

• Like 1

I think Risky is right, though I wish it wasn't so. Too many people itching to get these. I would pay $400 for unconverted, but I think $600 might be what they sell for. Like someone else said, won't be to me.

Prices all things AK are still through the roof. Meanwhile, AR stuff is starting to become more available and pretty much pre-panic prices. Things seemed to have normalized in that market. An AR build a year ago would run you 500-700 depending on what you went with. If you can find decent AK stuff, it is still twice the price it should be. I am really hoping that the AK market follows the AR stuff and starts dropping. The problem is supply and demand. AR companies are churning out parts as fast as they can, and supply is catching up with demand. That is not happening in the AK market.

The price I will pay depends on a number of things, rarity will not be one of them!

Sure I WANT another Saiga.....but I don't need one!

I paid $399 in CA when most of you folks got them for $250....but that was the going rate in CA. I was OK with that. Much more and I am not doing it, though I loved the restoration process. I tried to convince my friends and family to get one and I would do the work...but they were all broke at the time....and purchased none(though they loved shooting mine).

I've been looking at other non-Saiga AKs a bit. Looks like the prices are definitely dropping. A decent 74 build can be had for $750.

What, a tantal sporter? A rifle that used to go for $400 just a year or two ago?

No, a Waffen 74, which was $649 about a year ago.

I've been looking at other non-Saiga AKs a bit. Looks like the prices are definitely dropping. A decent 74 build can be had for $750.

What, a tantal sporter? A rifle that used to go for $400 just a year or two ago?

I'd sure like to see a link to that... and I don't count a single, random armslist ad. Just because a good deal pops up now and again doesn't mean the market is softening.

I'd sure like to see a link to that... and I don't count a single, random armslist ad. Just because a good deal pops up now and again doesn't mean the market is softening.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1TGAK74

• Like 1

Getting a parts rifle if they are reasonable and I wont be doing any work on it.

Parts is parts. Need a bolt, carrier, spring set, barrel, and recvr if the price is right Im game. Add all that up and its not a bad deal.

I wouldnt mind picking up a 5.45 and another S12 for another build, but they will really have to come down in price before I will buy...too many other things need buying. If/when ammo gets down to decent prices and availibility, I will stock up bigtime on more than enough to feed all of my guns before I will purchase more mouths to feed, say 10-15,000 rounds per.