do we have a "fjuck you facebook im out" thread yet?

I was on it for about six months. It was neat to catch up with some old friends and see where some acquaintances have ended up thus far in life. But, then it became too much fucking drama. Someone "unliked" someone else's thing or someone didn't accept a friend request and the butthurt would flow. I got tired of arguing about gun rights with assholes I didn't even know (and this was pre-Newtown). In the end it was just way too much fucking drama.

Besides that they "lost" my password info. I requested that they permanently delete my account (I'm suuuuure they did). I'm better off without it in my life.

• Like 1

I only really use it for keeping in touch with family that's out of state, other than that, they can fuck off.

Same here. I've denied so many "friend" requests, replying, "Guess you shouldn't have shit on me in HS. Now, I'm the one doing the shitting, simple fucks."

• Like 1

I've never had one. This place is as close as I've gotten to some shit like that bad_egg.gif

That makes two of us.

make that three

Never saw the point.

Only useful to attention whores.

+1000^10

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

I've never had one. This place is as close as I've gotten to some shit like that bad_egg.gif

Unlike this place, on FB I can actually pick and choose the people that I want to see what I post. I really don't give a rat's ass if someone gets upset that I deny their "friend" request. That should give them a clue that they're an asshole that I don't want to hear from.big_smile.gif

Unlike this place, on FB I can actually pick and choose the people that I want to see what I post. I really don't give a rat's ass if someone gets upset that I deny their "friend" request. That should give them a clue that they're an asshole that I don't want to hear from.big_smile.gif

Yeah....so I guess if we could do that here it would be just like there amazing.gif

Yeah....so I guess if we could do that here it would be just like there amazing.gif

Trudat. Most of my content on there is gun, 2A, and anti-democratic/anti-liberal/anti-obama content anyway, aside from my actual friends and family. Fuck what the monitors and Zuckerberg think.

Shit like this....

post-23857-0-86315500-1370745065.jpg

Edited by Yeoldetool

I use it to keep in touch with family. I'll probably be one of the very few here to admit that I like it for that. My friends list is very limited and have many unanswered requests.

• Like 1

That makes two of us.

make that three

Never saw the point.

Only useful to attention whores.

+1000^10

Four now, I have listened to the wife and kids bitch about it and want no part of it.

I use it to keep in touch with family. I'll probably be one of the very few here to admit that I like it for that. My friends list is very limited and have many unanswered requests.

I ain't afraid to admit. My business relies on it and its the only way my family knows how to keep in touch. I have about 150 friends with about 1000 requests denied. It is pretty filled with BS and drama, and as some of y'all call it "gay" but, that's only if you let it happen. As with anything, you can control it.

Just like the real world, I try not to leave any tracks...

They can keep their Facebook, Myspace, LinkedIn, and every other version of "Oh look at me, I mades a website!" And they can keep their drama. The closest I get to reading anything like that is while I'm taking a crap in a public toilet. And honestly, the stuff on the walls there is more entertaining.

you're dreaming, you and everybody else leaves "tracks". you're on the internet that is one of the biggest "track" you make. and I bet you also use a cellular phone as well. buy stuff online by using a credit card or some on-line transaction feature, etc......

the last time anyone can say they don't leave "tracks" was when they were living in the 19th century.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

you're dreaming, you and everybody else leaves "tracks". you're on the internet that is one of the biggest "track" you make. and I bet you also use a cellular phone as well. buy stuff online by using a credit card or some on-line transaction feature, etc......

the last time anyone can say they don't leave "tracks" was when they were living in the 19th century.

Wow, for once I agree with your entire statement. A simple SSN and tax forms is tracks, but whatever.

You missed the small but important word..."try". Everyone leaves a footprint...it's just how *BIG* a footprint that you leave... Sometimes you may even intentionally leave a big unmistakeable print, just to make a point.

Facebook, et al--is like walking around with a dripping paint bucket and a siren. People get disqualifed from jobs before they ever even interviewed because they think the whole world needs to know what drama they are involved in and have it posted online. As far as purchasing things, I could care less who sees my tracks going to get pizza... Nor do I have a personal cell phone. naaaa.gif I'm one step from being Amish, boys. If it weren't for the computers and tv's, and that evil electricity that runs them, I think I could do it. Oh, and A/C...I loves me some cold air. Nah, but seriously...I hate phones. People only call wanting something from you...money, work, time...the things I'm shortest on.

i mean i want a mass exodus from the lame site...as a matter of principle.... im not questioning its merits as a site, (its been uncool since your mom could get on it) im sayin if they lost a shit ton of users all at once they would have to lie and say they not lettin .gov sneak anymore...

and as far as foot print, i dont give a rats ass about that...loud and proud, if they wanna off everyone who wont go along, better to go in the first wave than to survive in a totalitarian shit hole....

• Like 1