"Our fear is that these firearms are high-caliber firearms that if they got into the wrong hands they could certainly be used in a nasty way."

Guns in the hands of governments have killed millions.  I'm betting these guns have killed nobody.  So I guess that makes government the "wrong hands".

• Like 7

Handgun(s), as in multiple...  C'mon people.

Hmmm...when it says

"Among the 328 weapons were military-style automatic rifles, some of which were worth up to $50,000 each, and Glock handguns worth $10,000, police said."

I'm taking that to mean individual guns because of the word "each."   However, I concede they could be referring to $50,000 per rifle, and $10,000 for all the Glocks.  Hopefully I'm miss reading it. 

But is also says a $3 million arsenal (including 4.2 tons of ammo).  So 1000 rds of .223 (trying to think of a common round, slightly on the lighter side) weighs 28 lbs, I come up with 4.2 tons being about 300,000 rounds.  Let's say in Australia bullets are $2 each because maybe they are super hard to get, that's still only $600,000.  So there's $2.4 million in guns.  With 328 guns, that's an average of $7,300 per gun.  Feel free to check my math, but I think they mean per Glock. 

It's the telescopic sights that scare me!

I can believe this happened. :(

You won't be taking mine.

I have pretty strong feelings, when it comes to property rights... and the safety of my family.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

They were licensed for 71 guns. I count maybe 45. The AK pistol is minus the trigger assembly and safety, thus inoperable. Most the others are bolt actions, airguns and 22s. They mentioned a MP5 that I don't see. Unless they're talking about that thing that looks like an Archangel'd 10/22.

I've a friend that thinks his bolt action 308 will be safe from the gun grabbers he supports after a AWB. An AWB would only be the beginning.

Judging from how the weapons were stored I dont think these guys thought they were in violation.

Not buried in a cache but laying in the storage sheds.

Seems the Aussies have learned from their American counterparts actions in the war on drugs, guns, etc.

Inflate and exaggerate ad infinitum. 

How are we doing in learning our lessons? 

10k for a glock sounds right just because they are banned. Look at ak mags in the 90s they were 90 to 150 each now they are 10 bucks. Same goes for machine guns they are only expensive because they were banned. Even a crew served belt fed would be affordable compared to a mac 10 on the market now.

• Like 1

Damn shame. Just met some nice farmers from north central Australia. They kept all their guns and rifles. They have thousands of rounds. They said the populated areas have gun control and the rural areas have bigger things to worry about like predators, overpopulation of animals, feed and water. They could give a shit less about the law and keep to themselves.

Only a scum bag would disarm people who have a global inherent right to defend themselves. G-d gave man the ability to produce weapons to defend themselves and their property. Anybody who tries to take away your ability to fight is the enemy.

Will you give up or take one for the team?

• Like 2

Damn shame. Just met some nice farmers from north central Australia. They kept all their guns and rifles. They have thousands of rounds. They said the populated areas have gun control and the rural areas have bigger things to worry about like predators, overpopulation of animals, feed and water. They could give a shit less about the law and keep to themselves.

Only a scum bag would disarm people who have a global inherent right to defend themselves. G-d gave man the ability to produce weapons to defend themselves and their property. Anybody who tries to take away your ability to fight is the enemy.

Will you give up or take one for the team?

Who will protect us from the military and police when they go rogue?  I met someone who lives in Alaska and carries a .44 magnum in case a Kodiak bear or moose threaten him.  The federal government prefers that he gives up his life rather than defend it.  Australia had followed Britain in banning guns and crime has risen dramatically since then (just like many US cities).