• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like its about a 2011-2012, boy, Caucasian. Commonly known as a kid.

Obamacare patients?

I was thinking spaghetti on the way out..... 

Posted Images

sorry I wasnt on last night... Heres a toughie...

What make and model...  extra bonus if you can tell me what year it was made... and I will be your BESTEST FRIEND if you can find me another for sale!!!!!! 032.gif

whatreel.jpg

Yes, I blocked out the parts that would identify it... :lol:

Have at it!!!! 032.gif

Still waiting on this one, anyone else care to try?

Looking for the Common & Latin name.

Clues:

1) Freshwater

2) Southern Hemisphere

DaveM, stay your course of thought.

post-16193-0-31802400-1390708434_thumb.jpg

post-16193-0-14988000-1390708445_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChileRelleno

Ok... so NO TAKERS on the REEL yet???!?!

Did I finally manage to post a STUMPER as well???? 032.gif

Hell... the best part is, its not like its some CRAZY obscure microscope photo, or who the fuck knows where location on the planet... its just a MODERN FISHING REEL... laugh.png

COME ON GUYS!!!!!

Find me one for SALE SOMEPLACE!!!!  That will count as a TRIPLE WIN!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH

( yes, the one in the pic is MINE.. but I always wanted a second... even though parts are IMPOSSIBLE to locate anymore. )

000.gif

It looks like some weird Euro/Asian version of a Quantum Hypercast. 

US-model Hypercasts had front drag & no A/R switch (always on).

Is the big lever a casting trigger, or a manual clutch release?

You boys are just not TRYING HARD ENOUGH!!!! GUESS THE REEL!!! FIND ONE FOR SALE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

It looks like an old Shakespear that I may have purchased at Aubuchon Hardware when I was a kid. I can't find any info on it though, so that's a guess.

heres the clincher...  since its been 36 hours since posting...

It *IS* a mitchell...

what model, year of manufacture... and ANYONE find one for SALE?!?!?!?!? LOL  ( can ya guess I WANT another?!?!?!?!? )

:smoke:

the big lever is a drag lever... you control/increase the drag as you fight, with the lever... although the drag is set by the dial in the rear...

SO... if no one guesses by 9 am... ( and I will be back online shorty after 10 am...) DO I get to claim the second WIN of the game??? for posting a stumper??

come on guys... modern fishing reel, by Mitchell HOW HARD Can it be?!?!?!? :lol:

I am severely disappointed in your Google-Fu...

The reel is a 1996 Mitchell "Riptide Flats Runner" RTFR50.

They made it for ONE year... and it practically vanished from the face of the planet just as fast... not sure why... i *LOVE* mine... Wish I could find another for sale...

They are SO RARE... you GOOGLE Mitchell RTFR50 you will NOT get any images... WTF?!?! go figure...

Ok... give me a few minutes, to let me figure out something else to post... and I will get the NEXT stumper up... laugh.png

I am severely disappointed in your Google-Fu...

The reel is a 1996 Mitchell "Riptide Flats Runner" RTFR50.

They made it for ONE year... and it practically vanished from the face of the planet just as fast... not sure why... i *LOVE* mine... Wish I could find another for sale...

They are SO RARE... you GOOGLE Mitchell RTFR50 you will NOT get any images... WTF?!?! go figure...

Ok... give me a few minutes, to let me figure out something else to post... and I will get the NEXT stumper up... laugh.png

No, but i DID find one for sale!...

http://www.reelreports.com/store/RARE-MITCHELL-RTFR50-RIPTIDE-FLATS-RUNNER-SPINNING-REEL-5BB-NEW-NOS-160756206315.html

Psyche... bidding has ended.

As a consolation here is a Schematic with the parts list....

http://www.nutterrodandreel.com/pdf/Mitchell/1998/rtfr50.PDF

Edited by Yeoldetool

Sorry, the only  fising reel equipment I know about is more like this: http://www.kinematicsmarine.com/twisterdrums.nxg

Most of my experience is with this one in particular:

http://www.kolstrand.com/parts-and-service/parts-for-inmac-kolstrand-gillnet-drums-and-longline-reels/inmac-kolstrand-ak-gearbox-drive-complete-with-2-in-pillow-block-bearing-and-10-in-drum-flange.html

The clutch wasn't really up to the abuse we gave it

ak_gearbox.jpg

Actually ... I think I will BAIL on posting a new picture... so FIRST PERSON TO POST can jump in and try to post another stumper!!!!

good luck!!!!

( I too like to guess, more so than find something to post! LOL )

:up:

Which one is it though? It's not delrin. Delrin is heavier. I want brand and material.

And you are right- I don't need all of them. 23 more of them would cover me just fine, and maybe a couple of spares.

Just to help out, a couple more clues. 1 it was usually sold in a 3 piece kit. 2. it was available in standard and P-block length. I think this was made from about 2004-2007, and is the ne plus ultra.