San Francisco approves funding for Golden Gate bridge suicide barrier

But if it just saves one life...  

Even if they no longer want to live.....

The government knows better than you when it's time to check out.........

To others, we must look like a bunch of arrogant idiots.

It does cost a lot of money to find and recover the bodies..

Hopefully this doubles as a safety net for the maintenance workers who are constantly setting up nets and harnesses.

My brother asked how I would stop people from jumping off a bridge.... Put these on each end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-vRpQ0YyYo

• Like 1

We very recently had a bridge replaced, it cost 25mil to have the old bridge torn down, and a new bridge built in it's place.

Why does adding a safety net cost so much? 

It does cost a lot of money to find and recover the bodies..

Hopefully this doubles as a safety net for the maintenance workers who are constantly setting up nets and harnesses.

My brother asked how I would stop people from jumping off a bridge.... Put these on each end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-vRpQ0YyYo

...wonder how suicide booths would effect the democraps voter base... LOL! I do think that is alot of money wasted on keeping people from offing themselves in one particular manner. Watch, after installation, drug overdoses and the like will rise. If someone is bound and determined to kill themself theres really no stopping em. Just give em the booth! Lol.

• Like 1

We very recently had a bridge replaced, it cost 25mil to have the old bridge torn down, and a new bridge built in it's place.

Got to pay those union prices.

And kickbacks to officials.

• Like 3

Ben Franklin once said something about fools and his money.?.?.?

The diving boards idea gets my vote as money well spent.  Hell, I'd put a Starbucks at the base of one of the piers and a vegetarian oxygen bar on the other and still be money ahead and creating more jobs than Boxer or Peolsi have!  (S&R teams and Undertakers have to eat too).

I am sure the recovery teams aren't nearly as expensive as the long-term psychiatric and

medical care would be on these Sheeple.

What a waste.

Macbeau sends....

Hey they stated a steel net right?  Does piano wire count?

Chumming the water would make for some good shark fishing in the bay!big_smile.gif

Edited by Bigtwin
  • Like 2

Hey they stated a steel net right?  Does piano wire count?

Chumming the water would make for some good shark fishing in the bay!big_smile.gif

BIG TWIN,

ELECTRIFY THE PIANO WIRE, WITH EVERY OTHER WIRE A GROUND WIRE.

WATCH 'EM SNAP-CRACKLE-AND POP AS THE COOKED FISH CHOW DROPS THROUGH, ONE CHUNK AT A TIME.

THEY'LL BE STANDING FIVE-DEEP AT THE STARBUCKS, CLAMORING FOR THEIR DOUBLE CARMEL MACCIATO'S WITH 5 EXPRESSO SHOTS, AND STRAWBERRY-FILLED JELLY DONUTS, WAITING ON THE NEXT "SHOW".

JESS1344

I'm from small town heart of Illinois and have never been to Kali. Maybe even a little sheltered or naive you might say by my own right. But seriously, do that many people fucking jump from that bridge? Is it like one an week, or one a month or what? Couldn't they just find another bridge with no net? Damn.

• Like 1

In 2013 there were 46 suicides and 118 attempted suicides. It is the second most used bridge for suicide in the world according to Wiki.

But again, folks want to die they will find a way. I just think SF and CA in general don't want to be known for that. Throwing money at the bridge still won't change much.

• Like 1

Keep in mind this is a public works project, in Kalifornia, so I expect the installed price to double. Mark my words.

If the net is installed by union members it'll be bad. A lot of breaks and general time mismanagement will likely triple the cost. One of the things that sucks about all the public works unions, there's never accountability. Set a fixed time and a fixed budget like they would do before and if you don't finish it in time you're working for free

In 2013 there were 46 suicides and 118 attempted suicides. It is the second most used bridge for suicide in the world according to Wiki.

But again, folks want to die they will find a way. I just think SF and CA in general don't want to be known for that. Throwing money at the bridge still won't change much.

But...But....But if you ban guns it will stop people from shooting each other,   same thing  what.gif

• Like 1

Jacob "Jack" Kevorkian does not approve. Since the mid 1900's the world population has doubled and we have made huge strides in battling anything that thins the herd. So in another 50 years we will be at 15 billion, dumber and dumber with no end in sight.

If they want to go, let them. Charge what it cost for body retrieval and sell tickets, would be the most watched reality TV series ever.............

• Like 1

Jacob "Jack" Kevorkian does not approve. Since the mid 1900's the world population has doubled and we have made huge strides in battling anything that thins the herd. So in another 50 years we will be at 15 billion, dumber and dumber with no end in sight.

If they want to go, let them. Charge what it cost for body retrieval and sell tickets, would be the most watched reality TV series ever.............

Have you by chance seen idiocracy? The beginning of it is right along those lines, and funny as hell!

• Like 2

Its a magic net.....It lets the birdies go threw it but catches humans...I got $10 says the will have to take it down because of the animal rights protesters. What we will have here is what I like to call a liberal conundrum....LOL Edited by sccritterkiller

Its a magic net.....It lets the birdies go threw it but catches humans...I got $10 says the will have to take it down because of the animal rights protesters. What we will have here is what I like to call a liberal conundrum....LOL

I was also wondering about people throwing thrash into it.. I would expect about $10mil/yr just for upkeep.