http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/8805022.display/

A STARTLED man has told how he found a bullet lying in a York city-centre street.

Tim Stark said he was unloading items into the MOR Music store where he works in Fossgate yesterday morning when he spotted what he believed to be a live .22 bullet gleaming in a puddle.

He said he immediately called police, who came and took it away.

“I have no idea what it was doing there,” he said.

A North Yorkshire Police spokesman said the bullet had been put into safe storage, and CID had confirmed it was not thought to be connected with any incident currently under investigation.

He asked anyone with any information about the bullet and how it came to be in Fossgate to phone the force on 0845 60 60 47.

I laughed pretty hard at this but it's not really funny.

How many urban sheep here in America would call the police over a single cartridge found in the street?  At least it doesn't make the nightly news here.  Yet.

• Like 3

A photo of our hero shortly after this life altering ordeal.

post-39558-0-57308000-1445315367.jpg

Thinking swiftly, the police officer borrowed a tampon from the poor shaken bloke so it could be safely transported to a secure munitions storage area.

post-39558-0-84120600-1445315381.jpg

Thank heavens!

• Like 10

Fine. I lost it. Send it to me, I'll take whatever I can get. Strange thing is, I've never been to NYC, though. Fuckin' sheep... anger.gif

UK (England)

I guess, if he didn't have a license to possess ammunition, he would be breaking the law by removing it.

A sad state of any country.

In America, we pick it up and walk away.

Edited by Sim_Player

Fine. I lost it. Send it to me, I'll take whatever I can get. Strange thing is, I've never been to NYC, though. Fuckin' sheep... anger.gif

"York", not New York. There are bullets all over New York. It's a way of life and most gangstas are rarely shocked

• Like 2

"York", not New York. There are bullets all over New York. It's a way of life and most gangstas are rarely shocked

Oh, missed that part. It was getting late. Still sheep, though.

What has happened?  Two hundred years ago the British were the most bad ass folks on the planet.  I wonder if we are looking at Americans a short time from now?  "Oh dear, oh my frown, a horrible BULLET on the ground.  Quickly call 911, good guys with guns will certainly come.  They will always save the day.  I feel so safe and cozzy today".  Bad poetry done.  Also rant completed. :)

Reminds me of a story about five years ago when I had an equipment engineer from NJ working on an install with me in Bessemer Alabama (Not exactly the best area of town). We were walking through the parking lot to the Bright Star restaurant, when I looked down and found a live 9mm HP round on the pavement. I showed it to the engineer and he said, and I quote, "Ahh man....that's one of those cop killer bullets!" All I could muster in response was, "Bob....You're an idiot."

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 4

After the US send England weapons under the lend lease program during WWII, the dumbass Brits DESTROYED them, leading to the PUSSIES they've become today.

http://militaryhistory.about.com/od/industrialmobilization/p/lend-lease-act.htm

Had the US not bailed the world out in WWII, the end would have been much different.

...but I could probably buy a good bratwurst on a street corner in the US!

• Like 1

England was once THE super power

They gave up their strong leaders, morals and values, lost their colonies, and lost the world reserve currency. 

Now its just a communist disarmed welfare state, no power no balls no spine 

and no real good outlook.

• Like 1