My wife took a hair test at a retched place called Labcorps for a job. She passed it, but the job sucked. She applied at another job that sent her to the same place for a piss test. It came back negative/diluted. She went the next day and got the same result. The job no longer will hire her. I checked online and Labcorps has ALL negative reviews. My question is WTF? Anyone else deal with these assholes?

That's a bummer, the hair tests are supposed to be more encompassing than the piss tests, from what I understand.

I took a drug test (urinalysis) at a labcorp a couple of weeks ago, two days after a root canal, on some norcos, and never heard anything about it. Work never mentioned it, and labcorp never called me about it. So they're okay in my book.

All I can say is that a lot of folks tried to warn us about going down this drug testing road when it began in the 80s.

And fairly everything that was said did occur and worse, lives ruined due to faulty tests, continued destruction of liberties, etc all happened and continue to this day.

What did it gain us?

Nothing, the only "drug" that can be tested for with any reliability is Cannabis and that's due to it NOT being a toxin but readily metabolized by the the body with the metabolites remaining in the system for some time just due to the body doing what it does best. In short humans are coded to deal with it and so cannot be a "drug" nor can it be addicting. Only toxins are addictive by definition.

The dangerous stuff? Not a chance with any real preparation for the test, very narrow window to catch these. The hair test is the hardest to get right due to the extra steps and complication all done by some kid one step up from Micky Dees burger flipping. Oh yeah that's a plan.

Now its ingrained into the system and an industry lobbing group with foolishness keeping it rolling.

After all if one has nothing to hide ...  yeah that always works out.

Good luck OP , glad Im retired and tell them to pound sand without serious consequence... so far.

• Like 2

Drug tests piss me off. I have to take randoms several times a year. Im clean with nothing to hide, but its a complete fucking invasion of privacy.

If she was too hydrated before the screening it could surely cause a diluted test result.

Are any states testing welfare recipients yet?

• Like 8

If the urine test come back diluted they suspect the applicant is masking. We have DOT testing and have been warned about masking our test.

With that said, I have taken pain med hours before a test and never came up positive. When told to empty my pockets normally the prescription bottle is with me. Don't thing my company test every sample.

Biggest $$$ and time waster EVER! 

I was at one time a Supervisor for METRO in D.C. they gave everyone 6 months notice for random drug testing. Sent everyone to class on it, what they test for, etc..

I was in the first group, took 12 mechanics and myself to the test center. Next day the Manager called me into his office to  ask me WHY I was the ONLY one to pass the random drug test. Being a smart ass I told him   "I stayed up all night and studied for it!" (always wanted to use that line!)

Every one who failed went to the 'program' and got 2 weeks off with pay and were reinstated. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!

• Like 1

Hmmmm politicians never have to get those. Pretty important positions they hold.

Labcorp makes mistakes, do they drug test the testers?

I have failed only one, many moons ago and should have.

If your in a position that requires testing, just don't do it. Or go find a job that doesn't require testing

• Like 2

In the 3 years I've been working at my current place of employment I've had 1 test when I started, 1 after a vehicle accident and 1 random. Passed all, and the hospital is just a few miles down the road so time wasted is fairly low. I never really minded since I've got nothing to hide and I get paid by the hour.

I will not tell you all how glad I am being retarded--er--retired from once very meaningful work as an registered nurse.  The last time the bosses demanded I get a piss test .... routine and random they said .... I told them to fuck off and show me the inspection warrant issued by a Superior Court Judge for cause as expressed in the US Constitution.  Guess what?  They did back off but I never worked there again after the last home health care assignment.  Now probably black listed as if I give a rat's ass.  Never give up your rights.  Never surrender.  So live, that when thy summons comes to join ...  Enough.

Drug test, been doing 33 years. Knew to raise hand or later, line of work chosen it was required. Volunteered, and life choice, could have taken a different route. What ticks me is the 3 back ground checks.  1 every 2, 1 every 4, 1 every 5 years respectively. I pay for 5 year, yet is a joke after initial, since numerous reasons automatic get creds revoked. This is a feel good, money making scam. State, private employer, and myself shell out. 1st 2 could be dropped, Yet wont let certification lapse, too much out of my pocket if change my mind, later.  

• Like 1

I never had an issue with testing, or with periodic FBI background checks in order to maintain my security clearances.

I worked at Los Alamos National labs for about 10 years, And I wished they had much HIGHER standards to get and maintain a  clearance .

It would have stopped a number of security failures!

• Like 2

The issues with chemical lab false positives is news to me. I was aware of the sheer volume of false negatives inherent in the process. Frankly for me it is the subjective quasi science nature of both psych evals and polygraph test that need to go. The guy who screened me was half way to marking me as an undetected sex offender. That was a very alarming eye opener. Before going in I knew that polygraphs fail at every level of scientific scrutiny. Really their purpose is a CYA to say, "don't blame us for our hire. we checked (nevermind that the check was meaningless.)" (ditto for the various psych battery tests.) The other primary purpose of a polygraph is to scare people into admitting stuff or simply opting out.

• Like 2

The issues with chemical lab false positives is news to me. I was aware of the sheer volume of false negatives inherent in the process. Frankly for me it is the subjective quasi science nature of both psych evals and polygraph test that need to go. The guy who screened me was half way to marking me as an undetected sex offender. That was a very alarming eye opener. Before going in I knew that polygraphs fail at every level of scientific scrutiny. Really their purpose is a CYA to say, "don't blame us for our hire. we checked (nevermind that the check was meaningless.)" (ditto for the various psych battery tests.) The other primary purpose of a polygraph is to scare people into admitting stuff or simply opting out.

...and poly is used at FBI/CIA/NSA for entrance AND periodic.

...and classes are given to field agents how to beat it.

• Like 2

Only time you should be drug tested is if you fuck up. I passed all my tests while working for Uncle Sam by using Vales liquid solution. I passed civilian tests while on Rx pain killers for some damn reason. Urine tests aren't all that accurate and hair tests are expensive. I would challenge the finding of the lab result. It really is a thing!

Only time you should be drug tested is if you fuck up. I passed all my tests while working for Uncle Sam by using Vales liquid solution. I passed civilian tests while on Rx pain killers for some damn reason. Urine tests aren't all that accurate and hair tests are expensive. I would challenge the finding of the lab result. It really is a thing!

Which brings up the question for those passing such... You did that sober???

Disagree. You should be drug tested before they accept appications for a govt. job. Also I or anyone else should be able to refuse to offer a job to anyone unless they pass a test. 

The tests should be done correctly.

I also strongly believe anyone involved in drug enforcement should be subject to random checks to retain their employment. Anything else is hypocrisy. My local police department had a huge fight about that a few years back. Suddenly a bunch of LE decided privacy was super important, and that innocent people shouldn't need to prove it. Given some cops I have worked with, the irony was palpable. I am in no way anti-LE, but I demand that LE live by at least  the standards they are employed to impose on the rest of us.

• Like 5

IMPORTANT:

IF you fail a drug test -

A valid drug test means that there are 2 samples and only the first was tested. The SECOND part of that sample is YOURS! You have the RIGHT to have that sample tested in a lab of YOUR choosing!

Contact LEGAL REPRESENTATION if you have a false positive on any drug test that causes you financial harm!

• Like 2

Being old enough to have seen first hand this entire thing come into being from the beginning with the operation golden flow in the military back in the 70s.

Now it is so ingrained even those one would think stood as stewards of liberty endorse it's use.

This makes gun control look like happy fun time as ones own body is now defacto forced into evidence even after freely admitted as flawed on every level. Kind of like the anti-science of lie detectors isnt it... think on that a bit. 

Yes there was indeed a test here and we as a culture failed it miserably. Sure a person can refuse to submit to such blather but the consequences far outweigh the reward in nearly all minds and who wants to economically starve for a principle? Very few indeed  

You see the test was if it would tolerated at all and well there are the results.

Plainly it was warned at the time if a people will submit to this they can be taught to submit to anything though nothing outside of perception can be gained.

Look around and tell us that is not the case. 

• Like 1

How in hell could should anybody volunteeringly give up a Constitution Right prohibiting unreasonable searches or seizures as a pre employment job requirement which is a right of liberty?  Making this worserer, how can anybody willingly let a blatantly non legal situation such as random drug testing occur AFTER taking a job condition which is a change in working conditions?

Enter the accuracy probability.  How do we know the test results are anyway accurate?  Who makes that determination?  I used to work as a fire fighter then later a fire fire fighter paramedic and then still later as a registered nurse.  Let me tell you how accurate the medical lab testing can be.  Not very accurate at all.  Enough so that a good RN always questions lab results.

First thing he asks himself, ... is this result or number accurate?  I used to date med tecks, they are all human like all of us and mistakes happen.  The guy driving the Stingray in the suit who calibrates the machines might be stoned on coke while doing so.  Yep.  Party time confessions.  Yet our society seems to live on non Constitutional drug testing.  Wow.  Rant complete.

Well, I have performed hundreds of instant drug tests on people in a program that I have to over see.

The tests include opiates thc  amphetamines cocaine and alcohol all in one saliva swab.

every positive result I have seen was the real deal, dont know if some slipped by as false negatives.

The only people I know that whine about drug tests are the ones likely to fail them.

I think all people on ANY government assistance program should be tested twice a month.

fail the test....no more welfare for you ....ever!!!

I have NO compassion for drug thugs 

• Like 3

I worked at Marathon refinery in Kettelseburg Kentucky...their "fast acting" test scored be positive for meth, cause I'd taken an over the counter nasal decongestant the night before.

Had I not been a high priority vendor they'd have terminated my contract immediately. Instead they had be summit a hair follicle and lab test at another facility. Naturally they both came back negative. I can only imaging the royal fucking others whom weren't "high priority" have received by these shitty methods.

• Like 2

We had all the enlisted fail for opiates at the Guard unit after we had poppy seed cake for lunch.  Avaiation has 100% and not random testing like the rest of the Army.  Never had another after that.  Every Saturday drill we had chicken and that yellow poppy seed cake.

It can get worserer.  Like said by others better before me, give the pricks an inch and soon they will be a ruler.  Something like that.  I did occasional volunteer work at our 100% volunteer local (county) public library (long story) but have not done so recently.  Some of the job functions included working with young kids story telling as I was a popular guy to do such because of my kinda OK reading and speaking skills.  Also could throw my voice playing different characters in the various books read out loud to kids.

I am rambling.  Sorry.  Anyhow, the back ground checks to OK us to work with kids was very demanding and exhaustive.  They went ALL THE WAY back.  My feeble point here is that now there are rumors (so far) of now demanding piss and saliva tests for various drugs.  Seems our local geographical area has a real problem with nasty shit legal and otherwise.  I have been asked several times to return to story reading.  I do NOT know if they are going to require drug testing.  If so, then I will NOT read to the kids.

I do not smoke, drink or use.  Have not had a drink in close to 10 years now.  Yet I will refuse drug testing.  Too many things can go drastically wrong.  Frankly it can ruin your professional life.  Even if you are innocent.  The system is not perfect.  Mistakes occur.  God help you then.  You are fucked for life.  Might as well brand your forehead with a big D.  Rant complete.