Typically I won't leave the house on black Friday... But today...I was up at 4, and in line at the local bass pro about 20 after. Doors opened at 5... I really wanted some of the Federal target 22 ammo, and at 16 bucks a box,i felt the price was not outrageous...so I grabbed a few boxes. I had the GF and my daughter with me as it was a two box limit per person... I was naughty and went back for seconds, though. We were in and out of the store in less than 5 minutes!!!☺

1125160612.jpg

I also needed tumbler media... I just tumbled and sorted over a thousand rounds the last two days... 223,308, 3006, and a few misc others...

1124160034.jpg

Anyone else brave the crowds and find any amazing deals??

• Like 1

Local gun store opens at 10...

Mom might be upgrading to something bigger than a .22 for her carry pistol. She found out from a rental that she can shoot the Glock 42 with no pain to her hands from her arthritis.  smile.png

Success!  :)  Mom has a new and bigger pistol now. I reminded her to get cleaning supplies and ammo for it, then we went to her house and I helped her with field stripping, inspecting and cleaning it. All ready to go now.  :up:

Traffic was light in our little neck o' the woods. After getting the pistol ready, we went to lunch, then I went on the the grocery store. No traffic problems and not much of a crowd in the store, either. The big shopping and mall area is down the highway from here.

• Like 1

Typically I won't leave the house on black Friday... But today...I was up at 4, and in line at the local bass pro about 20 after. Doors opened at 5... I really wanted some of the Federal target 22 ammo, and at 16 bucks a box,i felt the price was not outrageous...so I grabbed a few boxes. I had the GF and my daughter with me as it was a two box limit per person... I was naughty and went back for seconds, though. We were in and out of the store in less than 5 minutes!!!☺

1125160612.jpg

I also needed tumbler media... I just tumbled and sorted over a thousand rounds the last two days... 223,308, 3006, and a few misc others...

1124160034.jpg

Great cheap tumbler media can be found at the pet store. its Called lizard litter. It's ground walnut.

• Like 1

1125160612.jpg

1124160034.jpg

Great cheap tumbler media can be found at the pet store. its Called lizard litter. It's ground walnut.

I've been using it for years. I add a bit of case polish to it and it works magic in my tumlber (see below).

There's a really great brass tumbler out there for cheap too, and it's bigger than you'll ever need.

Red Lion's Big Cat concrete mixer.

3.5 cubic ft capacity.

I deburred the paddles and added a pizza pan as a lid with 3 catches to hold it on. Works great. I even added a 60 minute timer to it so I can load it up and walk away. Come back in an hour and the cases are shiny clean. Even my 50BMG cases come out clean. ...and it's under $300.

4135H63FMKL._SY450_.jpg

This, and Dillon's big media separator gives me a case cleaning setup that's hard to beat.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 3

It is so unfair that some of us have so much fun hand loading they need a cement mixer just to clean all their brass.  Now I suppose you will share with us underlings that you keep all your surplus brass in one yard dumpsters, your powder and primers in a BATFE approved bunker, your good to go bullets in big plastic tubs that weight 7200 pounds full and ALL your big Dillions, (sp?) have motor drives.  Not fair at all!  :) :) :)

Sounds cool to me.  I forgot about the links.  Many links.  They are kept someplace.

• Like 1

It is so unfair that some of us have so much fun hand loading they need a cement mixer just to clean all their brass.  Now I suppose you will share with us underlings that you keep all your surplus brass in one yard dumpsters, your powder and primers in a BATFE approved bunker, your good to go bullets in big plastic tubs that weight 7200 pounds full and ALL your big Dillions, (sp?) have motor drives.  Not fair at all!  smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Sounds cool to me.  I forgot about the links.  Many links.  They are kept someplace.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Rubbermaid or Stellite containers work well for the brass, and you can't beat surplus ammo cans for loaded ammo. 

I buy powder, primers as needed because I don't like having a large amount around. Red Dot and Unique are great. I use them in shotguns and pistols. 

Only one Dillon 650. No motor drives.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't load anymore, I never got into large volume loading. Just a single stage and all hand powered tools. I got into it when I was in my 300 blackout phase. It's a real time suck and I have a lot of stuff to do. But I've been wanting to get back in it but only for a crazy wildcat. I've been looking at the 358 gremlin latley. It is basically an American version of the Russian 9x39. Based on x39 cases. I'm thinking the palmetto state armory ks47 that's an ar15 that takes an mags with a 10.5" barrel will push 300 grain slower than sound and with a soon to be legal (fingers crossed) silencer would make a sweet weapon and what I was looking for our of the 300 blackout all along.

• Like 1
Long Shot, on 26 Nov 2016 - 2:13 PM, said:Long Shot, on 26 Nov 2016 - 2:13 PM, said:

csspecs, on 25 Nov 2016 - 12:50 PM, said:csspecs, on 25 Nov 2016 - 12:50 PM, said:

Did all my spending online.. In between packing boxes (yeah I'm working both sides of Black Friday)

Only thing I bought Friday was from you.

31 minutes after placing order received order shipped email.

Wont make more mags appear in the box, or the package show up faster...

post-20217-0-58121300-1480195507.jpg

(I'm just fucking with ya of course)

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

Probably should have bought a year membership for unlimited range time and ammo discounts at my LGS, it'd come in handy for introducing my friends who are curious about my obsession with firearms. 100 dollars off is a great discount, I just don't have it now since I'm buying that extra hunting shotgun to increase the volume of fire with a second shooter and all.

Did all my spending online.. In between packing boxes (yeah I'm working both sides of Black Friday)

Only thing I bought Friday was from you.

31 minutes after placing order received order shipped email.

I try to keep up with shipping .  I did have trouble finding a place to drop them. post office was packed.

• Like 1

I hit up the local Fleet Farm,  40boxes of rem 9mm for me and 26boxes for the brother in law.  Waiting on clarification from Remington for rebate submission due to Fleet Farm putting new UPC labels over the box ones.

Other then that, ordered a couple new 7 1/4 sawblades from Lowes, a tool from Sears, and a new Ridgid cordless set from HD.  Yeah really not much this year.  Usually its a bout a half dozen stores before 8, and I really only needed to hit one, rest was all done online.

Oh....So that's where all the Rem 9mm 115gr FMJ went!

Need 7 boxes of the Rem 124gr JHP to finish a can. Hasn't been in stock anywhere for awhile. Just the stupid price HD stuff.

I did grab too much, but was able to put back the extra I didn't need at the register. It became a mad house at the end cap so I just grabbed and tossed into the cart before someone decided to grab from the cart.

Even in my area, people grab from others arms and carts.

I noticed on the weekend that Fleet Farm had put new upc labels on some boxes of ammo, guess they got a shipment of 100 packs and we're told to break them up and relabel. So I called the store and was told I should be fine for the rebate.

I emailed Remington to confirm and finally got an answer, nope it needs to be their printed upc, guess what the upc under the fleet farm one is not valid for the rebate.

I wonder how fleet farm is going to handle this now????