NEW IMPROVED LRBHO DESIGN

That's right, as many of you already know, I have my own design.

The word is out, and has been for some time, that I have an automatic LRBHO (last round bolt hold open) installed in both the S-12s I use a lot, and it is different than the one currently on the market. In fact I had the working prototypes in my guns and was using them for awhile before Jeric designed and released the one sold by Warfield Armory. He and I had been talking about our different designs beforehand and almost went in together on one design. Mine was so much different than his though, we decided to come out with them separately. Unfortunately, right about the time he released his model, and I was about to go to production with mine, I suffered a huge setback in my personal life and I was financially, and otherwise, unable to continue, so the project got sidelined til now.

I'm not gonna go claiming mine is better than Jeric's and get into a pissing match with people who seen to live for the chance to start crap with me here. Mine has some very different features and I'll let anyone else be the judge of whether they prefer my design or the other one that is actually available for purchase now. That's another thing I don't want to get into with ANYONE.

Warfield Armory DOES have a LRBHO that is in stock and currently available for purchase. COBRA does not. I am only making this announcement because I have had requests from MANY people asking what ever happened to my design and is it still in the works. The answer is YES.

It has been working flawlessly in my guns for almost two years now and some of you have seen it in my AKS-12. I have some videos I made about a year and a half ago, that I had planned on posting here but never figured out how to do so.

(And again, due to some uncontrollable things at home, as well as the timely release of Jeric's LRBHO, the project got shitcanned) I have someone to help me with the video now and should be able to post something soon. Only thing I need to do is some editing of the original footage to get it down to a usable size and take out some bad takes...(amateur videography at it's worst...lol)

If I can't do that soon, I'll just take some new footage. I'll probably do that anyway because I have made a few important changes to the design and want to show the most current one at work.

One of the things that made me decide to go ahead and produce mine now was the fact that Mike Davidson will soon be coming out with a usable magwell extension for the S-12, and I believe that the combination of the two will totally change the success rate of the S-12, and soon other Saigas, in the competition circuit where it is already snowballing in popularity.

And to make things even better, Mike's new bolt release lever, which I am currently testing and insuring it will work with my LRBHO, will take away still more precious seconds on the shooter's times. The three working together are going to revolutionize these already awesome firearms in America. In Russia, with the Molot Vepr-12 and the Izhmash S-12C EXP-01..ver. 30..or SWAT model, they already have a very similar LRBHO feature, but those guns are not importable in the US and it's even hard to find pictures of how they work...I've tried.

This post is getting long...sorry...I wanted to explain everything as well as possible right upfront.

First, these are not available for sale yet, I'm just making the announcement that they will be available in due time and are definitely worth considering to accompany your magwell that is also soon to be produced. It will also work on guns with no magwells and can be installed very easily by the average consumer. If you can take your FCG and factory BHO out, and put it back in, you can install this device with the same tools.

At this time I am working with a new improved design that should eliminate the need to modify the mags or followers. I think this would be key to making them more user friendly and easy for the average person to install. The one I currently have working requires a very small modification to the mag body itself and to the follower, not as drastic as the other one currently available. Mine also requires no cutting or inletting of the receiver for installation. There is a manual tab that protrudes down thru the same hole the factory BHO does, and that slot needs no modification. The lever that makes it work goes over the top of the crossmember in the receiver, so no cutting is necessary there either.

And perhaps most importantly, once you install this device in your gun, you should still be able to use unmodified mags without activating he BHO as soon as you lock them in. Those who are familiar with the other design are familiar with this problem. In the design I have working right now, this is definitely not an issue. I am however, trying to perfect the newer design to where there will be little or nor mods necessary to the mags themselves. If I can't get it to work perfectly with no mag mods then I will more than likely offer both models, or an adaptable part to achieve my goal...that part is still in the works.

I didn't really want to go and start a bunch of discussion about this without actually having something ready to send out but due to so much interest of late, I am just letting y'all know what I know. What I know is this is going to become available soon because I'm going to make sure of it. All I can ask is for everyone to remain patient while I iron out these last few details on the project. I WILL NOT release it until I'M happy with it and confident that anyone who uses it will also be happy. I am working with Mike D on this to be 100% certain it will compliment his new upcoming products (magwell, mags, and bolt release) and yes I am anxiously awaiting the drum to hopefully get it to work with that as well. That is another reason I was so anxious, at first, to get my hands on a WM drum. Well...nuff said about that...their loss..BIGTIME.

So keep your eyes peeled for updates on this. I will be putting a lot of attention into this from now on, til I can get them meshed well with Mike's products, perfected, mass produced. I'm very confident now. :super:

Goodaye!

:smoke:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

**Finds himself scratching his head in reflection...** Yeah, what ever DID happen to Cobra76two's LRBHO design??? Hmmmm.....

Oh, that's right! Shit. It was must have all been BEFORE my time.... :lolol:

Seriously though, Dude I hope you make the friggen thing "bomb-proof".... otherwise, I doubt Tony will encorporate it into my future build.... :cryss:

TOTALLY AWESOME NEWS THOUGH MY-MAN!!!

I've been reading here for a few years and learn a lot from here , everything I know about Saiga12 I owe it all to you guys here.

I bought my Saiga12 when It first imported to the US. ANd we all knew we cloudn't get any parts any after market parts anywhere until now .

I want to thanks all of you who came out with products for us to upgrade our Saiga.

Thanks again ( I've done my ass kissing duty for the day . just kidding really Thanks.)

USP40

My wishlist for an automatic LRBHO would be the following:

• You can install it without cutting up the gun.
  • You can use standard mags and perhaps even a drum without any modification to it.
  • You can lock up the bolt without any mag, either automatically or by pressing the MBHO.
  • You can release the bolt by racking it.
  • The gun is still compliant with USPSA/IPSC rules in terms of safety and handling.
  • It is possible to manipulate the gun with one hand.
  • The gun is as reliable and fast as before.

- Yes, I did read your post. So I'm not saying this because I did not see what you wrote. It just seems a bit ambigous to me in terms of the above features.

(Edit: spelling)

Edited by Rolling Thunder

USP40 you are welcome and that is not as kissing, it's showing appreciation,...very different.

It was before your time Gary...lol...but like all good things, it's coming back around.

Twinsen if I do anything in this venture, even slightly as deserving of ridicule as "those I will not speak of here", I hope everyone lays into me full force. That would be hard though....I'm totally upfront about everything to do with my products and unlike some "business members", I don't mind answering questions about them (honestly).

For example...

Good points Rolling Thunder....all of these things are exactly what I'm after too.

* You can install it without cutting up the gun....YES

* You can use standard mags and perhaps even a drum without any modification to it.....Hopefully...I'm working on that now.

* You can lock up the bolt without any mag, either automatically or by pressing the MBHO....YES

* You can release the bolt by racking it....YES (*or by installing Mike D's release lever that's designed to work with it*)

* The gun is still compliant with USPSA/IPSC rules in terms of safety and handling....Don't see why not...

* It is possible to manipulate the gun with one hand....YES

* The gun is as reliable and fast as before....YES and in fact, more so

Well I can hardly wait!

I know that any CobraGear is going to be well thought out and thoroughly tested.

I'd be careful how much I said about it on here or the thread might end up getting "wished into the cornfield" too!

Well, given the delays so far I'm not holding my breath but if it works out like you say I'll be all over it! One question, my Saiga doesn't have the factory bolt hold open, how much work will be required to install it?

Well I can hardly wait!

I know that any CobraGear is going to be well thought out and thoroughly tested.

I'd be careful how much I said about it on here or the thread might end up getting "wished into the cornfield" too!

Mine also didn't have a factory BHO. I do how ever have Jeric manual BHO installed on mine. I did it with drill press, Dremel tool and small file and elbow grease. :D

Edited by USP40

Just lately Will??? Why waddaya mean there Pilgrim? This place is on the Outer Limits of the Twilight Zone all the time... :aliens:

6500RPM if there are any mods that end up having to be done to the follower, they will be very easy, won't really change the look of the mag any, and any necessary parts will be included in the kits. A really good thing is, any mods that may be necessary on the mags, won't prevent the further use of non- LRBHO mags.

Glocker don't sweat it man. I'm pretty tired of the delays too but I'm getting more and more confident the more time goes by... not the opposite.

Just like USP40 said, it's easy to make a slot for a manual BHO. All you will need to do is drill a few holes in a straight line and cut it out with a dremel and small cutting disc. Avery small round file would be great for that too.

Damn, I'm gonna have to take out a second job as a male prostitute or something to pay for all of these extra goodies I know I am going to want for my S 12 :unsure: Wife gonna kill me before this is over, gonna kill me dead LOL

Maybe if you gave her half the profits from your 'new job'........ :)

Twinsen if I do anything in this venture, even slightly as deserving of ridicule as "those I will not speak of here", I hope everyone lays into me full force. That would be hard though....I'm totally upfront about everything to do with my products and unlike some "business members", I don't mind answering questions about them (honestly).

You seem pretty honest, I trust you. I was just making a joke. That issue we won't speak of only makes me trust you more.

Damn, I'm gonna have to take out a second job as a male prostitute or something to pay for all of these extra goodies I know I am going to want for my S 12 :unsure: Wife gonna kill me before this is over, gonna kill me dead LOL

Hmmm, you need to work harder on your skills if they aren't good enough to convince your wife to keep you around, especially if you want to get paid for them! :haha:

Shannon, Glad to see you are making forward progress,,,,,I think all the elves snuck back to the North Pole on me.............can't seem to get machine time for my safeties......I'm setting the old milling machine up today, got the lathe reset last night.........guess it's back to hand crankin this stuff out, till I buy my own CNC's...... :cryss: this coming out of retirement is fun...........for awhile.......