The Krauts are coming

Stopped by the gun shop today to see what new goodies he had, since I haven't been by in a while and the first words out of his mouth was "look what's on the shelf in the front window". At first I thought it was a Saiga that had already been converted. It had 30 round AK mag, pistol grip, and flash hider, but after closer inspection I found it was imported from Germany. He said it had a better trigger group in it from the factory, but when I started to take it apart to look, NO NO NO. So what's up with these, has anybody seen any or heard of them, and at $479.00 with mag and conversions already done, ain't such a bad price, has anybody seen or heard of any of these ???????. I did yell out that it looked just like a Saiga, only with different markings, but the flash hider was NICE.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped by the gun shop today to see what new goodies he had, since I haven't been by in a while and the first words out of his mouth was "look what's on the shelf in the front window". At first I thought it was a Saiga that had already been converted. It had 30 round AK mag, pistol grip, and flash hider, but after closer inspection I found it was imported from Germany. He said it had a better trigger group in it from the factory, but when I started to take it apart to look, NO NO NO. So what's up with these, has anybody seen any or heard of them, and at $479.00 with mag and conversions already done, ain't such a bad price, has anybody seen or heard of any of these ???????. I did yell out that it looked just like a Saiga, only with different markings, but the flash hider was NICE.

Inter ordnance has them for 379.00 for the 7.62 and 223 guns a little more for the 308. check out a shotgun news. did it have a triangle shaped forearm? think its ribbed. did it look like these?

post-5078-1170478952_thumb.jpg

Edited by will36
NEW STG2000C 7.62x39

* Hammer forged barrel

* US made polymer furniture

* US made Fire Control Group

* US made M-16 style muzzle brake

* US made polymer waffle magazine

* Side mount scope rail

NEW!! Our STG-2000-C in cal 7.62 x 39 is a semi-auto copy of the famous German Wieger Rifle. It features a hammer forged barrel, scope mount, US Polymer stock, and various high quality US made parts, such as a US made plastic magazine, and non-slap trigger components. It also features a chrome plated barrel, and an M-16 style muzzle brake. Our low introductory price is $349.95. Add a brand new 4 x 24 scope for only $119.95.

Thats STRAIGHT from the I-O site... now ya know why... its all american made parts to hit 922R compliance.

:smoke:

The guys over on The High Road seem to think these are built from Romanian receivers? Is that true?

I do know there part# is ROMA001 ect. so they probally are romanian guns. They had to get them cheap to do all that work and still sell them for under 400 dollars.

Edited by will36

Well, I don't like the way they look, cosmetically speaking. I would have to pull it apart and make it my own.

On a broader scale, I think this is great. I think they will drive down prices on the overpriced millsurp Romaks and such. Plus at that price they will sell well at the Fun Shows and you will see alot of new AK owners. It is always a good thing when hunters that buy only "sporter style" weapons give in to that "Inner Child" and buy one.

Maybe it will even knock the prices back down on Saigas.

Well, I don't like the way they look, cosmetically speaking. I would have to pull it apart and make it my own.

On a broader scale, I think this is great. I think they will drive down prices on the overpriced millsurp Romaks and such. Plus at that price they will sell well at the Fun Shows and you will see alot of new AK owners. It is always a good thing when hunters that buy only "sporter style" weapons give in to that "Inner Child" and buy one.

Maybe it will even knock the prices back down on Saigas.

+1 on the looks.

I'll head out to the Suncoast gunshow in Clearwater on the weekend of 24-25th. Hopefully there will be a few there, I'll handle it some, and report back on the prices of it and other AKs.

Now all we need is this gun in 12ga. Then say hello to cheaper S-12s... :D

The only thing that doesn't seem really clear to me from the ads is does this beast take regular AK magazines and can common AK furniture and upgrade parts such as recoil buffers etc. be used. If either of these questions has a "no" answer it changes the picture on these immensely.

I went to the Inter-Ordanance web site a couple times this week, and I couldn't find that they had a 223 model avaliable, as was indicated in the original post.

All I could find was the 308 and the 7.62x39. Anyone know about the 223, just to satisfy my curiousity.

By the way, I agree about the looks. Something doesn't work in that design for me. Besides, I also like receiver dimples, which is lacking.

John

Who would be making AK type 30rd .223 US made polymer mags as stated in that Shotgun News ad??

EDIT: I guess Promag makes a waffle mag in .223 also,didnt know this.Thought they were available in 7.62 only.So this must be the mags there using with the gun.

Edited by Pointer
Who would be making AK type 30rd .223 US made polymer mags??

Exactly.

Here's another one for you, quoted from AIM website:

Legal for use with US manufactured high capacity magazines.

Wonder how many US parts it has on it. Obviously they didn't take their time and put enough US parts on to let anyone use Foreign mags.

So you are gonna see these things selling at the gun show next to a box of mil surp AK "Spare mags". Nobody is going to explain to Bubba (or Boudreaux) that it is a felony to put those mags in that AK. Hell the Gun Show dealers already aren't explaining how the Surefire mags aren't kosher in an unconverted Saiga. Think they are gonna say anything about these?

Maybe this will shine a spotlight on the obsurdity of 922R and they will repeal it. Yeah, and maybe I might find myself in a dirty little 3-way with Pelosi & Mrs. Clinton.......they would be soooo hot togther! :kiss:

Edited by Vermiform

Yeah, and maybe I might find myself in a dirty little 3-way with Pelosi & Mrs. Clinton.......they would be soooo hot togther! :kiss:

YUCK!!!!! What a revolting thought!! It's enought to kill your appitite for a month!!!!!!

Edited by Hylndr