rusmilitary. Magwells & mags

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

This really looks good, I am reall interested in knowing if the 10 rd. AGP will load in the Magwell on a closed bolt? I have done the mods on my mags (removed 1/4" off of the front of the follower with much success). The Mags load in fairly well with practice. My interest is using the S-12 in USPSA Competition, unfortunately I cannot use the Drum I ordered since we are limited to 10 in the mag and 1 in the Gun.

Mike,

This really looks good, I am reall interested in knowing if the 10 rd. AGP will load in the Magwell on a closed bolt? I have done the mods on my mags (removed 1/4" off of the front of the follower with much success). The Mags load in fairly well with practice. My interest is using the S-12 in USPSA Competition, unfortunately I cannot use the Drum I ordered since we are limited to 10 in the mag and 1 in the Gun.

I have the older 10rd mags with the longer follower. I didn't modify the follower and they still load like a dream at full capacity with 3inch mags. :super:

To work with the magwell, do you sand off the front lug of the mag and the side ridges?

I did remove the front catch. You don't remove the side ridges. I know the mags made for it are smooth but they have a much thicker body (too thick, they going in super tight and I had to put the gun on the ground and put my foot on it to get that kind out, good thing that isn't what kind of mags are common here!! :lolol: ). I think I know how to make it where we won't even have to remove the front mag catch, still working on it.

Mike:

Could you show the modifications that you made to the Mags?

Thanks,

LEO

I will post pics before to long, sorry I didn't take some when I took to pics of the gun. If all goes well mods to mags might not be necessary. :super::super::super:

Mike,

I have the older 10rd mags with the longer follower. I didn't modify the follower and they still load like a dream at full capacity with 3inch mags. :super:

Mike,

That is Awsome!! I'll be taking one with my Drum order if it is ready in time.

Mike,

That is Awsome!! I'll be taking one with my Drum order if it is ready in time.

I wish I could say that would be possible but I won't have them by the time the drums start shipping. It won't be long after though. Sorry.

Mike:

Received my drum today and am delighted with its fit and finish. I look forward to getting several more. They performed flawlessly when I went to the range. :)

p.s. - I am just practicing, I don't really have it yet.

:lolol::lolol::lolol: That is funny. Do you know how many hearts will drop for a split second ( :eek: ) until they get to the P.S. part? :super: I can't wait to start seeing those posts for real though!! Thanks for practicing!!

Mike,

Send 1911 a drum that doesn't work just for posting that!

:haha:

I would have to tear up a perfectly good drum to do that! :angel::lolol: It shocked me at first 2, I was like W------ T------- F--------! until I read the ps part, then I laughed my ass off.

To work with the magwell, do you sand off the front lug of the mag and the side ridges?

I did remove the front catch. You don't remove the side ridges. I know the mags made for it are smooth but they have a much thicker body (too thick, they going in super tight and I had to put the gun on the ground and put my foot on it to get that kind out, good thing that isn't what kind of mags are common here!! :lolol: ). I think I know how to make it where we won't even have to remove the front mag catch, still working on it.

Please wait until you figure that out! I like to keep my mags stock.

Yov've gotta be shitting me. That looks great and I can't believe you pulled both a drum and magwell out of your ass in one year. Have to say that's impressive and when the magwell products released, you'll be counting my dollars...well deserved ones at that. Take your time and get it right, I have a feeling this ones going to be a hit.

Yov've gotta be shitting me. That looks great and I can't believe you pulled both a drum and magwell out of your ass in one year. Have to say that's impressive and when the magwell products released, you'll be counting my dollars...well deserved ones at that. Take your time and get it right, I have a feeling this ones going to be a hit.

Actually the magwell shown is a factory one. The one I release will be close to a clone but with some better features. I do have a magwell for the drum but don't really want to post picks of it just yet. I know that without a drum in hand it would be hard for someone to copy but just want to keep it under wrap for just a little while longer. If you think that the drum and the magwell are a big step in a year (8 months actually), just wait to see what all I have out by this time next year!!!! :super::super::super: We are revolutionizing here folks!!!

Actually the magwell shown is a factory one. The one I release will be close to a clone but with some better features. I do have a magwell for the drum but don't really want to post picks of it just yet. I know that without a drum in hand it would be hard for someone to copy but just want to keep it under wrap for just a little while longer. If you think that the drum and the magwell are a big step in a year (8 months actually), just wait to see what all I have out by this time next year!!!! :super::super::super: We are revolutionizing here folks!!!

All right now that is quite enough! Two major announcements in two months so no further titillation will be tolerated. I understand that you cannot divulge your super secret timetables, designs and so on, but you need to let us know how many extra jobs we need to get to pay for all this revolution. :)

All right now that is quite enough! Two major announcements in two months so no further titillation will be tolerated. I understand that you cannot divulge your super secret timetables, designs and so on, but you need to let us know how many extra jobs we need to get to pay for all this revolution. :)

At least two jobs and a part time :haha: The mans the Saiga parts guru :devil:

One more interesting thing on Rusmilitary is the new flash hider that is available now.

saiga12_flash_hider.jpg

I think it's the real SWAT one.

Does anyone know someone (Machine shop) that would be intrested in making some of these as US Parts?

You can always have Tny hook you up with one of these.

384786-big.jpg

I haven't had it done yet but it's on the top of my list.

heres a like with the info your looking for.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=12413&hl=

It would run $120, threaded M22x.75 with the flash hider slots in the front like pictured above. Refinished in black Norrell moly resin. I could add the points in the front for an additional $30, but then your flash hider slots would have to be very short.

You would have to cut the barrel back about a 3/8" or the threads would be showing behind the choke.

Tony

If you think that the drum and the magwell are a big step in a year (8 months actually), just wait to see what all I have out by this time next year!!!! :super::super::super: We are revolutionizing here folks!!!

[copy of 1911 hilarity]

Mike, I got the copy of your beltfed prototype. It ran just fine untill I tested it with the 200 round belt, the weight of 200 rounds seemed to stretch the links just a little, and caused jams. Of course, when I let it feed out of the box, or supported the belt's weight with my arms it ran fine. I'm amazed at your design that requires no modifications to the stock Saiga.

[/hilarity]

If you think that the drum and the magwell are a big step in a year (8 months actually), just wait to see what all I have out by this time next year!!!! :super::super::super: We are revolutionizing here folks!!!

[copy of 1911 hilarity]

Mike, I got the copy of your beltfed prototype. It ran just fine untill I tested it with the 200 round belt, the weight of 200 rounds seemed to stretch the links just a little, and caused jams. Of course, when I let it feed out of the box, or supported the belt's weight with my arms it ran fine. I'm amazed at your design that requires no modifications to the stock Saiga.

[/hilarity]

Ya know I got a picture of that prototype....Cobra was testing it last time I heard...

course I managed to bugger something up, I can't post it