I would just like to say too all the Moderators, vendors, contributers, members, and occasional dwellers:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and may your holiday season be safe and joyful. Live life for today for you never know what tomorrow may bring.

Set aside all differences and remember that we can all get along. I just had a good friend have a massive heart attack at work on tuesday in the lobby of 529 5th Ave in NYC only two hours after I saw him at lunchtime. When I got back to the building from another job on 7th Ave in Times Square, they said that he just collapsed and could not revive him. He was a healthy man who lived for his family and was about to be a grandfather, had a new second wife and a 7yr old. I have to go to the wake this weekend but cannot make the funeral. I just want to say goodbye to him.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Like the McGraw song goes: Live like you were dying!

Sorry to put a damper on things but I just wanted to put things in perspective.

nyclu3

I would just like to say too all the Moderators, vendors, contributers, members, and occasional dwellers:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you...Set aside all differences and remember that we can all get along...Life is too short to sweat the small stuff....put things in perspective.

Well put, my friend. I hope eveyone here can take this to heart, and remember that ultimately we are all on the same side.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to you, If I can I will send you a nice piece of deep fry turkey

but I haven found the way to e-mail or format solids into data to be send over the net yet :D

Edited by vjor
MMmmmmmm Turkey.......... I'm getting sleepy just looking at it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Juggernaut --

The wife told me not to cook the spiral-sliced ham 'cause she wants to go to Golden Corral... If that's a photo of your turkey, I think I'll head on up to where you are and invite myself to dinner!

On this Thanksgiving Day, I am praying for you and your wife. May God grant you courage, strength and good health.

David

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to you, If I can I will send you a nice piece of deep fry turkey

but I haven found the way to e-mail or format solids into data to be send over the net yet :D

vjor,

Did you see the photo of Juggernaut's turkey? I think that is the closest you can get to sending some of your deep fried turkey over the internet. BTW, while I've heard of deep-fried turkey, I've never even seen one. Understand they are very tender and very good.

Enjoy the day!

If anyone knows of a way I can convince my wife to deep fry turkey pass it on. I've even offered to deep fry it for her but she thinks I'm incompetent in the kitchen. Could be that time I set the kitchen on fire trying to boil water...but that's a story for another day.

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

P.S.

Juggs that is one good lookin' turkey.

Turkeys cooking as i type :super: Stuffing,homemade mashed potatoes,yams,turkey and noodles,homemade biscuits,deviled eggs,cheese plate,pies and more pies!. Just waiting on a couple friends and relatives.For any out there thats alone today,i wish them a extra special Happy Thanksgiving..i do think of you and care,i have been there myself.Things do get better!

Edited by Pointer

Always room for one more at our table! I LOVE cookin'! Thats how I got fat in the first place!

injected with Cajun seasoning with a bit of higher ground hot sauce :super:

Racegal requested me to post this for her: Nyclu3, I'm so sorry for your loss. But I wanted to wish everyone here a Happy Thanksgiving. I've got a great family, great friends and a great man. Everything else is just gravy. Always focus on what you have instead of what you don't have.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and may your holiday season be safe and joyful. Live life for today for you never know what tomorrow may bring.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Like the McGraw song goes: Live like you were dying!

nyclu3

Yep, a "Happy Thanksgiving Holiday" to anyone and everyone as well! Very well said nyclu3!

Damn, Jets got blown out in Dallas and I'm so full I could pop! :cryss: Just sitting here enjoying my ice cream...Stewart's Kaydeross Kreme(YUM). All that turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, peas and carrots, pies, cookies, pastries, etc... and I still have room for ice-cream.

Hope it was just as good for all of you.

nyclu3

Happy Thanksgiving... the wife wrangled the kidos while I cooked today.. cannot get over the fact I forgot to get a roaster pan.. DUH!

Good thingone of the shops was open today.

Anyway, turkey, sweet potatoes, cream corn, sweet peas and Sam Adams cream stout...

I spent two days or so making a lasagna, and that was my turkey today. as usual, it came out very thick and tastey. Shared it with my father, stepmom, and ailing grandmother. Dont expect to have another thanksgiving with her.

Went and saw Big Bird at the lake, couldnt catch him a fish. He seemed mad at me or something. Still dont know what kind of bird/crane/stork he might be, have to take a pic, or look in florida wildlife guides for him. Am unsure why the fish havent been biting the last two days near shore. My pet fish, however, appears to be eating now, since his 2200 mile trip in a bucket here last month. I may try the minnow trap here soon to feed them both, and try to make my new friend in florida happy. I dont have many friends in life, and this one here doesnt expect much from me. The least I could do is catch some fish and toss em in the water in front of him.

I spent two days or so making a lasagna, and that was my turkey today. as usual, it came out very thick and tastey. Shared it with my father, stepmom, and ailing grandmother. Dont expect to have another thanksgiving with her.

Went and saw Big Bird at the lake, couldnt catch him a fish. He seemed mad at me or something. Still dont know what kind of bird/crane/stork he might be, have to take a pic, or look in florida wildlife guides for him. Am unsure why the fish havent been biting the last two days near shore. My pet fish, however, appears to be eating now, since his 2200 mile trip in a bucket here last month. I may try the minnow trap here soon to feed them both, and try to make my new friend in florida happy. I dont have many friends in life, and this one here doesnt expect much from me. The least I could do is catch some fish and toss em in the water in front of him.

How big is He? If he has a red head he is a sand hill crane. Big and grey he is probably a great blue heron. They are usually the fisherman. If it has a ugly head with little or no feathers it is an Ibis. I bet it is a great blue heron. When I was younger we gave one bacon and he would always come to the pier like clock work. I am sure he slutted his way around the neighbors for handouts.

Happy holiday all! Three Stooges marathon on TV today+ turkey= :D

What channel would that be???

nyclu3

Was on the WB network this morning and early this afternoon. Also on for two hours Saturday night 8pm EST.

I had a blue heron back home in NY that lived close by, and would fish in the front yard above my father's dam once in a while. It is not a BLUE heron. Where the pops lives now, there are some sand hill cranes that come around daily for food. big bird isnt one of those. he is not an ibis. he is not one of the white brids, either. he stands about 4 ft tall.

Ill get a picture of him when I can remember to bring the camera. he only comes up to me and begs the way that he does, I think because I talk to him when hes there.

I think he is a stork of some kind, actually. He is the only one like him Ive seen here so far. I dont want to break the law, or attempt to domesticate him, and that is why I toss my catch into the 2" deep water right in front of him. he missed a baby gar the other day, and seems mad at me, almost. I would love to pet him one time, and smack him on the ass good, to send him on his way, and keep him from trusting people too much. I DO know that he knows who *I* am, at least, but I dont want to see him dissapear or see him out in front of my house one morning...

I think I might also cheat on big bird, and go se if I can become friends with a manatee. there are a LOT of laws (to say the least) to follow, but I think I know them well enough to see if I can maybe pet one, at least, and see if it returns to say hi sometime.

I have to go enjoy life some more. its too short to walk around every day being pissed off or upset.

edit: he appears to esemble a heron of some kind. I cannot find one that looks like him. Im sure he is something common, but do any of you have any bird books to look him up in if I post a pic? or a dictionary kind of site I can use to identify him? Im tired of thinking when its combined with a computer, to be honest.

happy thanksgiving people. Im sorry Im so distracted, and am rude enough to not extend my best wishes to you all and your familes.

Edited by Bvamp

A long-time friend serving overseas, sent me the following:

NEW TURKEY RECIPE --

Your dinner will be the talk of the TOWN!!

You should try this! This will be sure to bring smiles from your guests!

Here is a new way to prepare your Thanksgiving Turkey.

1. Cut out aluminum foil in desired shapes.

2. Arrange the turkey in the roasting pan, position the foil carefully. (see picture below for details)

3. Roast according to your own recipe and serve.

4. Watch your guests' faces...

post-4853-1195833321_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary

vjor,

Did you see the photo of Juggernaut's turkey? I think that is the closest you can get to sending some of your deep fried turkey over the internet. BTW, while I've heard of deep-fried turkey, I've never even seen one. Understand they are very tender and very good.

Enjoy the day!

Sorry brother I havent been around, since yesterday, drink to much chivas regal, yes brother it comes

tender with the skin really crispy in about one hour or frying all depends on the size of the critter, the

skin get just tan brown nice all around and the best thing is that you can drink with all the guys as you fry the beast

or beasts, man takes no time and is done just before the sitting at the table.

By the way nice beast that jugs have over there.

Edited by vjor
If anyone knows of a way I can convince my wife to deep fry turkey pass it on. I've even offered to deep fry it for her but she thinks I'm incompetent in the kitchen. Could be that time I set the kitchen on fire trying to boil water...but that's a story for another day.

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

P.S.

Juggs that is one good lookin' turkey.

Brother here is the scoop, you tell wife, you will slave like 5 hours or more to cook the turkey on the oven

I can have it done on the back yard in like one hour, man she went for it, just think a woman usually takes

like 5 hours to cook a bird on the oven the kitchen gets hot as hell and keep on watching the bird, you

can relax on the back yard get a kit, burner, deep fry pot and peanut oil for like 50 bucks

put the bird to fry on like 30 to 60 minutes as you toss some cold ones and all the guys

that come to your place want to see the beast fry and toss cold ones and talk how good it smells

and looks, the wife is happy you are happy and the guest are happy, the turkey is not happy.

Yes takes like 3 to 3 1/2 minutes a pound of beast to cook at 325 to 350 degrees

on peanut oil, did two beast one 20 pound and one 13 pounds in like one hour forty five minutes

but I left the turkey marinate since night before on secret xxx marinated.

Don't forget beer for the turkey frying, very important to keep hydrated as you fry it, in my

case Chivas regal on the rocks.

Edited by vjor

Just what I needed to see before going to the wake tomorrow! :) That was great!

nyclu3

A long-time friend serving overseas, sent me the following:

NEW TURKEY RECIPE --

Your dinner will be the talk of the TOWN!!

You should try this! This will be sure to bring smiles from your guests!

Here is a new way to prepare your Thanksgiving Turkey.

1. Cut out aluminum foil in desired shapes.

2. Arrange the turkey in the roasting pan, position the foil carefully. (see picture below for details)

3. Roast according to your own recipe and serve.

4. Watch your guests' faces...