I was at a gun shop today and the owner of the shop has a stock S12 on the wall with a big sign on it saying BANNED. I asked him about it and he said it is a SUPER RARE Saiga 12 what with the thread protector nut off of it the Length is 18" thus making it a BANN weapon. I asked him if it was considered an NFA SBS weapon he assured me that it was a BANNED S12 and it was sold for, GET THIS $2,000 because of its rarity. I call total Bullshit on that. This shop owner is a total know it all that is over priced on items no body wants and lets the good stuff go for rock bottom cause he is an IDIOT. I bought a HK P7 squeeze cocker from him last week for 350.00 but he wants 600 for a glock 17. I don't get it but I like it. Anyone heard of the Banned 18" s12

Many of these guns hit gun stores but were recalled by the importer. I found out about the short barrels just prior to purchasing my first Saiga 12 (108). It had several chokes with it but when it returned from RAA, the only choke included was welded on and the box had been carefully turned inside out before it was reshiped. The reciever was made in 2001 and it did not have a bolt hold open button. I had it converted and I became addicted to Saiga 12's. Because it doesn't have a BHO, I had a notch cut in the safety lever and it doesn't work well. I have to have a BHO to qualify and the lever does not work smoothly enough for me. I am waiting for Cobra's device to hit the market and I will add it to my Saiga.

I heard of a run of Saiga-12's with 17.2'' barrels but it was several years ago. They wernt banned just illegal with out a form 4. There is no way he would be selling them with out the right paper work unless he likes jail.

Sounds like another "expert" who doesn't know the difference between "banned" "pre-banned" and Illegal......any shotgun with less than 18 inch barrel goes on class 3 paperwork......or it is illegal. But , hey , I've only been doin this for 35 years or so, I keep having these "experts" tell me I can't do AOW's the way the feds have been approvin them for me for years........(like re-manufacturing a Saiga 410 into an AOW) I may do one with a built in suppressor , then it could transfer on one tax stamp.....just because someone here said I can't,,,,reminds me of the time I put a M-14 front half on a Garand,,,, just cause some "expert " said I couldn't do that........... :smoke:

Edited by VanKiller

Sounds to me like this idiot doesn't even know how to measure a barrel...if it's one of the first RAAC import guns the barrel should be 17.2" like was said above, not 18".

We have a gun shop like that here run by a bunch of know it all "expert" old men with overpriced items. That place sucks and I tell everyone who asks about it to stay far away from there.

I have a 2 part test for FFL's

1. "I want to make my AR/AK full auto. How do I do that?"

This gets a huge array of answers. If they say something like "Ya sure you just need to buy this $XX part." :rolleyes: I avoid them.

If they say no. I say. "What about RDIAS on a form 4. I know they are $10,000 or more but what if I have the money?"

This gets anything from "WTF is a RDIAS?" :rolleyes: To "Well if you find one I can help with the paperwork." :smoke: The latter is an instant winner.

Also If the answer to the original mentions registered sears DIAS exc. Again instant win.

2. The talking shop test.

First the shop can't be very busy. IE no one standing in line or waiting for help.

Are they willing to talk with me about "this over that" ever heard of this rifle or shotgun? What do you think of...? Do you know a good shop of smith for this kind of work, refinish, project, etc. They have to be an active contributer to the conversation not just nod and grunt.

So far I have only found one shop in my aria that passes both tests. Guns Plus in Spring Lake NC.

After a couple visits, when they aren't busy they will often call me to the counter with questions.

Lately after seeing my converted work in progress S-12, they keep asking if I'll convert Saigas and to let them know when I'm ready. :smoke:

Hey Shannon, I'm just about to open my new, little shop..........an I'm gonna stock it with old, know it all , experts............and make sure the prices are to high.........maybe I can attract the mall ninjas up here in yankee land.........

thats the gun world for ya.

Ill have everyone know, that the shoot in Florida was DISTINCTLY scarce of this type of bullshit attitude/knowitall behavior.

We all really need to carry on the comradery that we have here into the real world, and fix this problem, to deal with the gun grabbers......

I salute you all!

A guy at a place called sparta guns and ammo in NC quoted me $900 for a S12 with a folding stock on it. He said that they were supposed to get some more in towards the end of summer, but that he couldn't make any promises, hence the price.

I talked to the guy at my local pawn shop and he told me he could get one for mid $400's. I ended up walking out of the store with the thing for $475. This is just an example of the wide discrepancies concerning hear-say and actuality.

I have a theory about the frenzied gun purchasing going on right now, but that's a different topic for a different thread.

you mean "hill billy" dont ya? :)

please lets not do that, as they LOST THE WAR. I am honestly tired of hearing it.....rebel yell my ass. YA LOST.

I left a home where I could drink out of the creek (off of my dam), and shoot tastey animals 24/7. I know men without power and running water. I also know holocaust victims....IN NY....yeh, Im some "city boy" alright.

I moved to Florida to the CITY. hows that for a southern attitude? your rebel flag is a sin to me, and it means it. Ill get shot down here for that attitude, but I stand behind my beliefs. 100%.

(yawl LOST the fuckin war, btw, and I personally know the northern indian chiefs, what are you really bitching about?)

Edited by Bvamp

wow, call out the atf on that retard to give him a schooling on laws, and i agree with GOB....bunch of used car salesmen, who couldn't cut it on cars, so they are trying guns for a change, without the knowledge of course