Sooooo, what is everyone doing with their stimulus check?

I'm getting to the point where I've said I'm not buying anymore guns. But then I decided I wanted a .223 also. I guess by the time my check gets here I will either put it away to (partially) compensate for the guns I've bought in the last couple of months, or I will spend it on ammo, shit's not getting cheaper. I do like the thought that most of the politicians that were pushing for the stimulus check would be mortified if I were taking the check and buying firearms with it.

What about y'all?

A pair of Leather recliners for the living room, and hopefully a pair or AR lowers for me for my Grendel build and probably a 40S&W, 50Beowulf, or 458socom build, something in a shorter range but heavier hitting.

Gun show coming up soon gotta get some toys...

-E

Hah,

I am rebuilding an old fence with a nice new one too

This fence ought to absorb my half

Either that or pay my sister back,.. some $ I owe her,..

Wish I had it to by drums,..

Wait, I heard some "Customer" needs his throat kicked on another MD thread, BRB,...

I'll be using our's to build a fence. Fun stuff... can't wait! :rolleyes:
Edited by Gas Giant

Well, hell. I was talking to a buddy of mine today, and I think I'm scrapping my .223 plans. We're both going to put in on a really nice reloading machine. I think it will be the best investment in the long run, plus I've got a spare room in my place to turn into a dark fortress of ammo production. I'll might buy a saiga .223 and do a conversion, who knows. :devil: Here's to indecisiveness :super: :super:

Pay off the credit card that I'm using to buy an AR45 from khalan weaponry. I finally got them to do an AR lower that will take grease gun mags. Still awaiting gunbroker to see if I won the ar45 upper to go with it. Otherwise I'll get one from Olympic Arms next month. This will become my new favorite lead thrower, and short range/urban destruction device.

Well, hell. I was talking to a buddy of mine today, and I think I'm scrapping my .223 plans. We're both going to put in on a really nice reloading machine. I think it will be the best investment in the long run, plus I've got a spare room in my place to turn into a dark fortress of ammo production. I'll might buy a saiga .223 and do a conversion, who knows. :devil: Here's to indecisiveness :super: :super:

Boom Boom room!

Elvis:

Check out the cost of reloading supplies and start stocking up. I have started buying the supplies because they are increasing exponentially faster than the reloading machines.

1911 were is a good place to get supplies from? I've been thinking about starting.

Guido2 suggested Midway USA and Natchez Shooters Supply. I found that Midway USA had what I wanted in stock so I went ahead and ordered. The problem that you may run into is a lack of availability on some items you want. I spoke with Wilson Combat the other day and they told me that they have some of the Black Hills ammo that they sell, but when it is gone their next delivery isn't scheduled until 2009. After talking to a number of folks in the industry (that should be in the know) I decided to lay back supplies for what I normally shoot in a year or so. It was expensive but less so than ready rolled ammo and it will continue to get cheaper as time goes by from all that I hear. Just another thought.

edit - typo

Edited by 1911
Guido2 suggested Midway USA and Natchez Shooters Supply. I found that Midway USA had what I wanted in stock so I went ahead and ordered. The problem that you may run into is a lack of availability on some items you want. I spoke with Wilson Combat the other day and they told me that they have some of the Black Hills ammo that they sell, but when it is gone their next delivery isn't scheduled until 2009. After talking to a number of folks in the industry (that should be in the know) I decided to lay back supplies for what I normally shoot in a year or so. It was expensive but less so than ready rolled ammo and it will continue to get cheaper as time goes by from all that I hear. Just another thought.

edit - typo

So you're saying that reloading supplies will continue to get cheaper over time, or it's getting exponentially more expensive as time goes by? :huh:

edit - typo

So you're saying that reloading supplies will continue to get cheaper over time, or it's getting exponentially more expensive as time goes by? :huh:

I think that he means that it seams expensive now but in the future it will be seen as cheap. Example $10 for something now (that was $5) but 2 years from now will cost $30. I reread it a couple times myself to make sure.

edit - typo

I think that he means that it seams expensive now but in the future it will be seen as cheap. Example $10 for something now (that was $5) but 2 years from now will cost $30. I reread it a couple times myself to make sure.

Precisely! :)

Right on. I've been saving brass for a while, but most of it is 9mm and .40. By no means do I have an adequate amount, but I really need to stock up on rifle-round stuff, as that's what I figure will become hard to find first.

Right on. I've been saving brass for a while, but most of it is 9mm and .40. By no means do I have an adequate amount, but I really need to stock up on rifle-round stuff, as that's what I figure will become hard to find first.

Went shooting with my highschool friend 2 sundays ago and he shot a 243 that he got for his son. When we were done I asked if he was going to keep the brass. I don't own a 243 but I thought that some day you never know I've got a son of my own.