What does this site/forum need?

First off I want to thank Makc for putting this site up as it has helped me find info I didn't see anywhere else.

Second, I was talking to Makc the other day and he mentioned he thought the initial reception to the site was kind of, shall we say, lukewarm. I gave him a couple of ideas that I think will help but there have got to be more and better ideas out there. This leads to my actual question:

What does this site need to make it more useful, helpful, and especially what will 'light a fire' here and help get the forums moving a little?

Ideas??

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...

One thing the forum needs is when you post a new thread, be more specific. Instead of saying something like "Need help" say what you need help with, like, "Need help finding OE mags," or whatever. Then when somebody does a search for that topic they might find it easier. This will prevent multiple threads on same topic too. Just a thought.

As I'm sure many will agree... "A real nice E-store" is needed!

I know time is limited to us all but I think our :dollar: would make it worth Makc's time!

Man, start putting out those accessories and you will have the market! Patents and all!

There is plenty of paying competition here. Multiply all of the business members x $100 per month and you might understand why lots of attention isn't given to the EStore. Having said that, I have purchased from the EStore, and though it is not eye catching, Makc's communication is prompt and personal, and shipping was fast. Not pretty, but would certainly use the EStore again as a shopping resource, if needed. I think the EStore here is just kind of an effort to "go through the motions" of having something here or a ready-to-go place holder for future retail endeavors. Business is difficult to understand at times and this is purely specualtion.... and I am probably waaaay off.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

One thing the forum needs is when you post a new thread, be more specific. Instead of saying something like "Need help" say what you need help with, like, "Need help finding OE mags," or whatever. Then when somebody does a search for that topic they might find it easier. This will prevent multiple threads on same topic too. Just a thought.

I agree completly! Also remembering that short words or abbreviations don't work with the search. Typing out things like 'failure to feed' or 'failure to eject' in the titles would help when people search.

I have personally lost interest in this forum due to the behavior of BEEFCAKE. If he is a representative of this forum, then I have no more interest in using this forum.

Fordman/ Tyboy

2 things...

1- whats your problem with beefcake?

2 if youve lost interest, why did you post?

More naked big titted girls with guns!! No seriously. The post about the search is a good idea and also be more specific about new post to hopefully reduce double posts. Oh yea also more tits and guns

Ask and ye shall receive!

One of my favorites... s'cuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin. :D

ETA: new and improved full-size pic attached

post-16775-0-82570900-1315470476_thumb.jpg

Edited by post-apocalyptic

First off nice photo P-A. Second DAMN NECRO THREADS what the hellis going on around here??? and as for what this fourm needs it needs more ASSHOLES :evil: I have not had a good pissing battle, screenfight with a Billy badass want a be since Klassy, Bigsal and the others got banned "I miss them." it has been to quiet around here and my blood pressure has not been up in a while.:devil:

Edited by SCHULTZE

WOW, interesting thread. Yup, I realize its over 3 yrs old.

What did I learn from this thread?

That even after quite a bit of time, a mod will rip a user on the board for complaining about a mod.

makc, if you really want to know why this board has less traffic than others of its type,

look into the conflicts of interest that are created by the mods here doing biz with vendors

and the arrogant attitude mods exhibit towards the users here. I actually bothered to read back 4+ years

of threads and decided to base my purchasing on who/what company presented themselves as knowledgeable and helpful.

Heck, nailbomb just posted that "The Door" is what should be shown to someone with a concern.

FWIW, I wont buy goods from vendors that do biz with mods Major conflict of interest, in my opinion.

Vendors, ask yourselves this,

Why would I purchase an item that was recommended here knowing I will be flamed, accused of trolling, or ridiculed for

questioning an item. Its a bummer and the piss poor attitude of the mods here contributes to poor sales of YOUR products.

There are vendors with sterling reputations, producing high quality products, that do business with mods here. Unfortunatly

I wont purchase from them. The quote "Birds of a Feather" comes to mind, and I have no desire to lose hundreds, or even thousands

on a purchase that may go bad because complaining here is akin to herasy and finding the FACTS of who is good to do business with

is skewered by some of the arrogant mods that will delete anything bad said about their vendor "sugar daddy".

I apoligize for being blunt, but, I have a need to protect my interests and doing business with vendors here is not safe. I do reconsider

vendors when I see them supporting other sites and behaving on them. Thanks PAULY

Anyway, im nearly certain this will be deleted along with being flamed by various mods and users. So be it.

Vendors, I implore you to course correct the mods here. Apparently they care not about the users, just about the vendors.

Only you can bring change that will help the entire community here.

Enough said,

xracer

• Like 1

I have personally lost interest in this forum due to the behavior of BEEFCAKE. If he is a representative of this forum, then I have no more interest in using this forum.

Fordman/ Tyboy

The door.

Let me help you find it.

Disappointing from you Nailbomb, but not suprising.

You drank the Koolaid

[/color][/b]Heck, nailbomb just posted that "The Door" is what should be shown to someone with a concern.

FWIW, I wont buy goods from vendors that do biz with mods Major conflict of interest, in my opinion.

of course. And this is the second time you've "called me out" right?

"The door" is shown to those that have a personal agenda, what do you really think that post was about? I'm here voluntarily of my own free time doing this. I've hardly benefited from that investment and am quite proud of that(what little I've gained is being given away in contests!). I'm not bought.

Spend your money where its well invested.

glad to see you dont have a "personel agenda"

As for the second time, im not clear on that, but I cant dispute that. My apoligies to you.

and as for your service here, helping people, I cannot dispute that, heck, its appreciated.

I think I may have been a bit vague as to what I was implying. I ddint want to "spoon feed"

or influence anyone without them doing their own research, as I did. Nailbomb, I didn't mean

anything I said as being directed towards you, again, I apoligize for that.

Let me clarify, There are others that will take advantage of their power and positions to further their

own personal dealings. I dont feel creating a "us vs. them" attitude here helps anybody. Not the mods,

not the vendors, not the users.

FWIW, I frequent other sites as im into the AK style of weapons. In the recent past, I have seen more and more postings

about the Saiga12 on other sites that are NOT saiga oriented. To me, this represents a loss of revenue to this forum.

I don't want to see saiga-12 fade away, I would like to see it progress forward. I think that clearing up the conflicts of interest

that some mods here have, would be a step in the right direction, along with a more civil tone from the "powers that be"

when the inevitable conflict does arise.

perhaps the mods here should consider looking into where the vendors spend their time and money advertising and responding to customers.

I'm sure a bit of due diligance would pay off in spades for Saiga-12.com

Remember, if all you do is stay still, you will be left behind. I dont want to see that happen here.

Peace

xracer09,

I have to agree especially about the arrogant attitude part. Not towards me at all heck I haven't even posted that much, but I have read almost everything on this board the last few months. I have referred a few other people to this board because of the wealth of knowledge here, and they all say the same thing about how arrogant some of the posters are here. Honestly I could not care less because after all this is the internet, but I know it turns a lot of people off. I work in IT and there are boards similar to this one all over the internet that in some way deal with computer/IT related topics. On some of the boards especially the ones that deal with unix/linux the mods and some of the posters are very arrogant because they somehow feel superior, and probably are compared to some of the other people. Still though their sites suffered and people went to other sites that were different in how they did things. Like I said it doesn't matter to me, but if the people who this forum belongs too really want to increase traffic and keep people coming back then they will not be offended by any suggestions from its members.

Please let me show you how I landed on this forum.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/31850-gas-pistons/

I believe this was the first thread I ever made and some of my first posts.

We have a wonderful, diverse, collection of personalities here, and not all of them will you get along with. The colorfullness is part of the charm here. If you are easily offended this is not likly to be the best place.

Its the same thing I told Doug from R&R(befor they became buisness members!)

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/48651-race-guns/

... and now that I think about it this is why I would make a piss poor salesman, and PR guy :lolol:

some people can sell ice to a eskimo, and then theres me.