so i've been contemplating picking up a glock lately and was wondering if anyone here had any helpful input they would like to share. i've had my eyes on a 17 but dont really know much about all the variations. I'm definetly lookin for somthing with high cap possibilitys. thx

Edited by Couchlock
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so i've been contemplating picking up a glock lately and was wondering if anyone here had any helpful input they would like to share. i've had my eyes on a 17 but dont really know much about all the v

outstanding info DesertDog! thx much for such a clear right up. i totally agree with the points you presented about the simplicity of glocks. your time is much appreciated.   on another note i saw

thx to all the info this thread has gotten, good or bad. exactly what i'm looking to hear.

Posted Images

so i've been contemplating picking up a glock lately and was wondering if anyone here had any helpful input they would like to share. i've had my eyes on a 17 but dont really know much about all the variations. I'm definetly lookin for somthing with high cap possibilitys. thx

Sorry, not much personal experience with Glocks. The 357 sig and 40 S&W Glocks can shoot 9mm, 357 or .40 by simply swapping the barrels and magazines and possibly the extractor. An aftermarket barrel is required for the 9mm conversion but you can use factory barrels for the others.

Here is a link with a little info: http://www.glockfaq.com/gunsmithing.htm

GLOCKS are reliable, durable, accurate, and have been vetted by many organizations around the world.

Pick a gun, any gun. Some will like it, some won't. The GLOCK is liked by millions because it works well.

I've had a few and my favorite is the G34. Standard mag capacity is 17rds with 33 rds mags available. Lots of aftermarket support.

90% of people who hate glocks, just hate them because most people like them or because they are stuck on some other gun (if that makes any sense). The other 10% who hate Glocks, do so because the grip does not fit them well. Rent a glock 17 at your local range and shoot it to see how it feels. Also rent an XD9 and a couple of others to see how they feel. The Glock 17 is an excellent choice for good capacity and inexpensive easy to shoot ammo.

Keep in mind though, if you are serious about shooting this gun a great deal, training with it, and putting your life on it; Reliability is more important than looks or feel.

I am not a mall-ninja blowing smoke up your butt when I say that Glocks do IN FACT, for the most part, run more reliable than other guns. I used to teach a basic handgun class localy, and continue to train with different systems constantly. I have seen everything fail, but glocks do it much less. Dont listen to people who have had a friend of a friend who had an uncle's Glock blow up. There are more Glocks in use, putting more rounds through than any other gun in the USA, most of them law enforcement shooting +p+ ammo, and when one does fail, the Glock haters scury out from underneath the dumpsters like cockroaches when the lights go out, saying "glocks are bad". but trust me percentage wise, glocks are the most reliable pistols I have ever seen. Any pistol instructor, even the "1911" ones, will tell you this.

XDs are less reliable than Glocks when it comes to feeding and extracting ammo, I saw examples of it this weekend at a Suarez class. But I have only seen 2 actually break out of hundreds used in demanding courses. So if you find good ammo, an XD will run very reliably for you. My wife and father happily shoot XDs because they like the grip. Point being; if the Glock does not fit your hand well, there are other pretty reliable options out there. Dont cheat yourself by jumping in with loyalty to one brand, see and try whats out there. Most firearms instructors have websites, ask them what models run the best in their classes, and ask several of them to get an overall idea.

Enough about other guns because you asked about a Glock 17.....

Glocks are very easy to clean, probably the easiest, and run with very little lubrication. Glocks have no external controls to fumble with and learn. The safety is your finger; pull the trigger and it shoots, do not pull the trigger and it will not shoot. It has no gimmics like backstrap safeties (which do nothing to stop an accidental discharge), "match" triggers, or forward slide grooves. It is a very "bare-bones" gun.

The Glock is not as asteticaly pleasing as other pistols. It is very simple and plain looking, not a show piece or symbol of financial well-being. No fancy roll marks, cool fonts, or flashy mold work.

If your hands like the feel of the glock, the 17 would be perfect for you IMO. The G17 is one one of the lightest recoiling pistols ever made, and the caliber is cheap, easy to get, gives high capacity, is accurate, and kills. If you plan to carry concealed, it is probably too big for summer carry, and the G19 would suit you better.

outstanding info DesertDog! thx much for such a clear right up. i totally agree with the points you presented about the simplicity of glocks. your time is much appreciated.

on another note i saw that the shop Gunfixr works for is a Glock Certified Armourer. i was wondering what his take might be. an what kinda of price perhaps he could do on a 17 or 19.

and what about fixed sights vs adjustable sights?

Edited by Couchlock

There is a Glock 9mm torture test on youtube. Do a search and you'll find it.

The guy fires 1000 rounds through his Glock in 13 - 14 minutes.

He has a couple of stove-pipes, but he says it's his cheapo ammo (which I can buy).

The task wears both him and another guy out.

Here's the deal... The Glock gets so hot that the stub on the spring alignmnet pin (or whateverthefuck you call that thing) breaks. The pin flies out of the front of the gun, the butt plate is rattling around INSIDE the Glock, AND IT STILL FIRES! He probably shoots the last 100 rounds or more after the gun starts flying apart!

Fuck me!

I'll take it.

Here is some personal experience, I let you make your own opinion...

I bought a Glock 34 (9 mm) to replace my Sig P228 in local IDPA matches because I thought it would make me faster on the first shot as well as follow up shots (and it did).

What you should know is that when I bought the P228, I went to the store with a mind set for a Glock (as a CCW) and tried a few at the store range. None of the Glock was fitting my hand well and the trigger was hurting my finger after a little while. The store owner had me try one of his personal P228 and it fit my hand much better (had Hogue rubber pads on it). The trigger was really smooth and the gun accurate to point of aim so I bought one and ran more than 12,000 rounds through it since.

Now back at the Glock 34...

As soon as I got the gun, I put a 3.5 lbs disconnector, filled the tip of the trigger safety so it would not dig in my finger and smoothed out the action.

Went to the range and tried it out...

Bang, bang, bang, click!... tap, rack, bang, bang, click!

I shot about 200 rounds and had quite a few FTE/FTF so I was pissed off (so much for Glock reliability, right?).

Get back home and tried to figure out what was wrong and here is what I found:

The Glock 34 (9 mm) and Glock 35 (40SW) share the exact same internal parts numbers including the same recoil spring!

Do you believe the recoil of a 9 mm and 40SW cartridge to be the same?

I don't so I bought a Wolf recoil spring 2 lbs lighter than factory and FTE/FTF problem solved.

How that for a gun which is supposed to be a "competition ready gun"? :rolleyes:

Back to the range and I found that I am shooting left of point of aim all the time...

Looked at the rear sight and it is already set quite a bit to the right... :unsure:

Read on the internet that it is common for people to shoot to the left with a Glock and had nothing to do with the gun but how the trigger is pressed.

Since I was not convinced, I bought a Caldwell HAMMR rest and went back to the range.

Guess what? The HAMMR rest also shoots to the left!! :lolol:

I had to set the rear sight all the way to the right to correct for it and groups from the rest still look like shit anyway. :ded:

I still use the Glock for IDPA and still dislike how it fits in my hand (even with the Hogue sleeve).

The accuracy is no where close to my ratling slide P228 or most other guns I have tried and I have to put each cartridge through a Wilson gage to make sure they won't FTE in the Glock.

When they fail the Wilson gage test, I put them in a box for the Sig :lolol:

I am not saying Glocks are bad guns, I am just not impressed with mine...

Edited by The Globule
It has no gimmics like backstrap safeties (which do nothing to stop an accidental discharge),

Desert Dog, Thats a good explanation but I disagree with you on this one point. I own a Glock 17 and an XD .40 compact. I owned the glock first and I still like it but I didn't consider it to be the safest gun to carry concealed in all the kinds of ways I like to carry concealed. Sometimes I like to have my gun in my coat pocket if I want to be ready to fire without making it obvious. Like encountering a stranger while walking my dog through the park at night. I like "grab and shoot" type guns so I didn't want one with a thumb safety so I got the XD because of the grip safety. It still keeps it a grab and shoot gun but the grip safety and trigger must be depressed at the same time. So how does the grip safety do nothing to prevent ADs?

It has no gimmicks like back-strap safeties (which do nothing to stop an accidental discharge),

Desert Dog, Thats a good explanation but I disagree with you on this one point. I own a Clock 17 and an CD .40 compact. I owned the glock first and I still like it but I didn't consider it to be the safest gun to carry concealed in all the kinds of ways I like to carry concealed. Sometimes I like to have my gun in my coat pocket if I want to be ready to fire without making it obvious. Like encountering a stranger while walking my dog through the park at night. I like "grab and shoot" type guns so I didn't want one with a thumb safety so I got the CD because of the grip safety. It still keeps it a grab and shoot gun but the grip safety and trigger must be depressed at the same time. So how does the grip safety do nothing to prevent ADs?

Simple;

ADs, all I have researched or heard of, happened while gripping the gun - almost always drawing or holstering the gun from holster, pocket, or waistband, but sometimes just careless gun handling. Usually some stupid person putting the gun in a pocket with their finger on the trigger. I could not find one verifiable example of an AD that would have been prevented with a back-strap safety. The hand always makes contact with the back-strap first. Even freak ADs like the lady police officer in California that tried to grab her gun in mid-fall (shot herself in the face) had her hands wrapped over the back-strap and thumb pulled the trigger. I can find no example of a Glock AD just from sitting in a pocket or holster, and Glocks are carried more than any other handgun in the world. And remember, a Glock is only half-cocked when ready to shoot - the XD is fully cocked and under full tension, so goes off much easier with any kind of trigger contact.

The back-strap safety was a necessary precaution for 1911 style pistols. Safety levers on 1911s have been known to disengage when an object rubs against the gun, leaving a "cocked and Locked" single action (non-drop safe) gun at the mercy of luck. The back-strap safety makes the 1911 100% safe to carry, but is not needed on modern striker fired and dual action pistols. The XD is a great gun, but the back-strap safety only makes you "feel" safer = sales gimmick.

Edited by desert dog

I bought a Glock 34 (9 mm) to replace my Sig P228 in local IDPA matches because I thought it would make me faster on the first shot as well as follow up shots (and it did).

What you should know is that when I bought the P228, I went to the store with a mind set for a Glock (as a CCW) and tried a few at the store range. None of the Glock was fitting my hand well and the trigger was hurting my finger after a little while. The store owner had me try one of his personal P228 and it fit my hand much better (had Hogue rubber pads on it). The trigger was really smooth and the gun accurate to point of aim so I bought one and ran more than 12,000 rounds through it since.

As soon as I got the gun, I put a 3.5 lbs disconnector, filled the tip of the trigger safety so it would not dig in my finger and smoothed out the action.

I shot about 200 rounds and had quite a few FTE/FTF so I was pissed off (so much for Glock reliability, right?).

The Glock 34 (9 mm) and Glock 35 (40SW) share the exact same internal parts numbers including the same recoil spring!

I don't so I bought a Wolf recoil spring 2 lbs lighter than factory and FTE/FTF problem solved.

How that for a gun which is supposed to be a "competition ready gun"? :rolleyes:

Back to the range and I found that I am shooting left of point of aim all the time...

Looked at the rear sight and it is already set quite a bit to the right... :unsure:

Read on the internet that it is common for people to shoot to the left with a Glock and had nothing to do with the gun but how the trigger is pressed.

Since I was not convinced, I bought a Caldwell HAMMR rest and went back to the range.

I had to set the rear sight all the way to the right to correct for it and groups from the rest still look like shit anyway. :ded:

I still use the Glock for IDPA and still dislike how it fits in my hand (even with the Hogue sleeve).

The accuracy is no where close to my ratling slide P228 or most other guns I have tried and I have to put each cartridge through a Wilson gage to make sure they won't FTE in the Glock.

Umm, I noticed that you immediately started "fixing" the gun when you bought it and then had problems with it? You said it didn't fit your hand well and hurts your finger, then complain about it's accuracy?

just say'n :unsure:

Not all glocks are perfect, maybe you got a bad one. YMMV.

Why did you change the disconnector in your Glock 34??? G34s and G35s already come with the target/match disconnector :huh:

Dont know if you are aware or not, but most gun manufactures use the same recoil springs for 9mm and .40 models of the same size. Glocks and XDs do the same thing. You mentioned Sigs, I just checked my P239 in .40 and my P220 9mm compact - and they both use the exact same spring too.

Edited by desert dog

Sigh, I've never seen any pistol jam up like Glocks do. I've never seen a Glock dump a mag without a jam. Ever. Out of hundreds of times seeing them in competition. Whatever. I'm not getting into this again. Nobody believes me anyway over the good old mall ninja internet.

Nobody I know that has a Glock uses it in competition, because DNF worries are too much. They'd rather use their... um... anything. Even $300 Rugers.

If you add on stuff to a factory pistol and expect it to shoot like it was born to be there I can see where you'll have trouble with any gun. I have not altered my Glocks at all. They have never failed me either, even with full mag dumps out of my Glock 33 rounders in my Glock 17 and 26. Wish Glock made a larger capacity stick mag for the Glock 21....

as a former owner of glocks I have to say my old G21C was a natural pointer and shooter, BUT my biggest gripe amongst the glocks and the reason why I sold them and will NOT go back to them is the barrel. The factory barrel is not supported and will not shoot +P rounds, So i switched to the M&P series from smith, an american company producting awesome guns. They are just as rugged as glocks but have a supported barrel which will take +p ammo all day long. pistoltraining.com did a torture test and it was awesome!(62k plus test) plus, the M&P has ambi slide release and changable mag release controls for lefties. So good luck, i would suggest get whatever fits your hand the best, and will meet your ammo needs. :victory:

edit: Catastrophic failures from the barrel is a reason why many LE departments are starting to switch to M&P pistols....

one major example was Portland Police Bureau recalling all their guns after several failures in a row with +P ammo, and of course when they made it public of what they were doing all the little people at glocktalk forums were up in arms immediately calling foul. I say fuck it, if i'm LE, i should be able to shoot +P all day long without worrying about the barrel exploding. Consider these pictures below the dirty laundry they don't want you to know....PS, glocks really are good, just use regular ammo....all the pictures below are results of american factory loaded +P ammo...not +P+ and not surplus scraps

g30kb4.jpg

moss-1.jpg

m22c-c.jpg

afr0xx-4.jpg

g21-02kba.jpg

g30kb1de.jpg

Edited by Vultite
Umm, I noticed that you immediately started "fixing" the gun when you bought it and then had problems with it? You said it didn't fit your hand well and hurts your finger, then complain about it's accuracy?

I did not start by "fixing" the gun, I did improve its trigger pull which has nothing to do with FTE or FTF.

Since I had tried Glocks before, I knew what to do right away and especially filling the tip of the trigger safety to put it at the same level as the trigger when depressed so it would not dig in my trigger finger.

It's only after I tried the gun and had FTE/FTF that I replaced the recoil spring which did solved the problem.

All of this has nothing to do with the accuracy of the gun.

The bullet is long gone off the barrel when the breech unlocks and the slide starts to move back.

The gun is not very accurate, end of story. The Caldwell HAMMR rest does not give a rat ass about grip (which I still don't like) or trigger and the group this gun produce look like shit in my book.

I get better groups off hand with my P228 with the same ammo.

Please don't try to make me look like a dumb fuck, it's not my first rodeo... :sadam:

Why did you change the disconnector in your Glock 34??? G34s and G35s already come with the target/match disconnector :huh:

Dont know if you are aware or not, but most gun manufactures use the same recoil springs for 9mm and .40 models of the same size. Glocks and XDs do the same thing. You mentioned Sigs, I just checked my P239 in .40 and my P220 9mm compact - and they both use the exact same spring too.

Thanks for correcting me, I did not have to replace the disconnector, I thought about buying a better one but in fact, I didn't (damn memory). I just polished a few parts in the right place and installed an overtravel stop (the one with the allen screw in the ejector bloc).

On the other end, I know for a fact that Sig recoil springs look sometime very much alike but are not the same. Have you checked their reference?

Glocks are great

Due to the grip I can't seem to get the accuracy out of them I know they have. So I own a S&W M&P.

I also prefer a manual safety in most cases but point and pull has it's place (especially in high stress situations). M&P can be had with or without a thumb safty.

Barrels have less support than most and shooting +p or lead cast is not a good Idea. Aftermarket barrels are a quick fix. Again this tips to the M&P.

Bo Mar makes a hell of a custom Glock if you need a different grip profile but they aren't cheap.

I plan on picking up a 17 eventually since I don't have a 9mm and I think everyone needs a Glock just for familiarity.

It may seem I advocate the M&P over the Glock but the M&P isn't as proven. Only time will tell.

In general I prefer 1911's but I needed a CCW. I had to shoot a Glock 21, XD 45, and M&P 45 side by side to make my decision.

Edited by KrisFox

I love my G-17 and I'm sorry but I don't want to hear it from someone who doesn't like Glocks, that they are "not accurate". That is false. I don't think it's just sheer luck that me, my ex wife, and others who have shot mine, can hit 12 oz cans at 20 to 25 yds very consistently, even with cheap ammo. The only mods I've done to it were to add a Hogue grip and I put the 3# trigger conversion in it. It does feel much better now to me. The $8 I spent on that Hogue slip on grip made a world of difference in the way it handles. I didn't care for the blocky feel before that.

All that said, the main reason I bought it was for it's AK like simplicity and indestructability.

post-1293-1234450727_thumb.jpg

I own two Glocks.

I have 7000 rounds through a Glock 26 and about 4000 through a Glock 36.

I have never modified either pistol. (Almost every time I've heard of a Glock Malf. it is a modified pistol).

I have never had a single failure. Ever. 100% reliable.

Between myself and my friends we have seven Glocks. All of us have the same experience, not a single failure, and we don't exactly feed them top quality ammo. It's too expensive for as much as wee shoot.

Now our Rugers, Colts, S&W, Sigs and Walthers are also very reliable (and all are great pistols), but we don't modify them either.

As far as people claiming the chamber is unsupported and can't fire +p ammo, chech the facts, some early Glock .40s had less supported chambers (as many .40s did back then) than other firearms, but none of the new models have that issue. I shoot 230gr +P 45acp out of my subcompact G36 regularly. I also shoot 147gr +P out of my G26. The brass looks fine and there are no signs of overpressure.

In fact all of us (my shooting buddies) shoot +P in our Glocks, it's the SD ammo we all carry. Never had any issues. We check the brass to look for problems because we all use the Glocks for our EDC firearms. Despite owning many other great pistols, we all carry the Glocks because they have proven to be the most reliable.

I own two Glocks.

I have never modified either pistol. (Almost every time I've heard of a Glock Malf. it is a modified pistol).

Between myself and my friends we have seven Glocks. All of us have the same experience, not a single failure, and we don't exactly feed them top quality ammo. It's too expensive for as much as wee shoot.

Now our Rugers, Colts, S&W, Sigs and Walthers are also very reliable (and all are great pistols), but we don't modify them either.

As far as people claiming the chamber is unsupported and can't fire +p ammo, chech the facts, some early Glock .40s had less supported chambers (as many .40s did back then) than other firearms, but none of the new models have that issue. I shoot 230gr +P 45acp out of my subcompact G36 regularly. I also shoot 147gr +P out of my G26. The brass looks fine and there are no signs of overpressure.

In fact all of us (my shooting buddies) shoot +P in our Glocks, it's the SD ammo we all carry. Never had any issues. We check the brass to look for problems because we all use the Glocks for our EDC firearms. Despite owning many other great pistols, we all carry the Glocks because they have proven to be the most reliable.

The "unsupported" chamber thing has always perplexed me. Ive checked my .40 Glock chambers and they are in fact very slightly less supported than other pistols, but I believe that was part of the design to feed more reliably. My local Sheriffs dept has been shooting hot .40 through their G22s for many years, thats 100s of THOUSANDS of rounds through per year with no Kbs, same with the county next to ours. The Armorer claims that trigger return springs are the biggest failure in the Glocks. Kbs do happen rarely with every firearm - I do not pretend that they dont. I just think that when one out of half a million Glocks has a Kb, people who have made it their life's work to hate Glocks come out of the woodwork. You wanna see some Kbs, look at some of the 1911 pics out there! I have seen many guns break, but have personally never seen any pistol Kb. Almost all LE agencies use Glocks, and of those, most shoot +p+ ammo. Many thousands of Glock owners reload their brass with no problems too, just like with other guns.

For those of you who get aftermarket barrels for the Glock because you are afraid of the chamber, fitting should be done. Most aftermarket "target" barrels are not drop-in reliable, and can even be dangerous if they do not go properly into battery. Once again though, this goes for any gun.

Whats funny about this Glock thread is that it reminds me of AR15 forums where everyone hates AKs because they are uncomfortable, inaccurate, and not as reliable as people claim.

Bottom line: Get a reliable gun, comfortable and cheap enough to shoot alot, and small enough to carry.

I love my G-17 and I'm sorry but I don't want to hear it from someone who doesn't like Glocks, that they are "not accurate". That is false. I don't think it's just sheer luck that me, my ex wife, and others who have shot mine, can hit 12 oz cans at 20 to 25 yds very consistently, even with cheap ammo. The only mods I've done to it were to add a Hogue grip and I put the 3# trigger conversion in it. It does feel much better now to me. The $8 I spent on that Hogue slip on grip made a world of difference in the way it handles. I didn't care for the blocky feel before that.

All that said, the main reason I bought it was for it's AK like simplicity and indestructability.

post-1293-1234450727_thumb.jpg

What can I say? The HAMMR rest may have had some play in it. Since I just put new sights on the gun, I'll try it again and post some pics of the groups I'll get.

Edited by The Globule
I own two Glocks.

The "unsupported" chamber thing has always perplexed me. Ive checked my .40 Glock chambers and they are in fact very slightly less supported than other pistols, but I believe that was part of the design to feed more reliably. My local Sheriffs dept has been shooting hot .40 through their G22s for many years, thats 100s of THOUSANDS of rounds through per year with no Kbs, same with the county next to ours. The Armorer claims that trigger return springs are the biggest failure in the Glocks. Kbs do happen rarely with every firearm - I do not pretend that they dont. I just think that when one out of half a million Glocks has a Kb, people who have made it their life's work to hate Glocks come out of the woodwork. You wanna see some Kbs, look at some of the 1911 pics out there! I have seen many guns break, but have personally never seen any pistol Kb. Almost all LE agencies use Glocks, and of those, most shoot +p+ ammo. Many thousands of Glock owners reload their brass with no problems too, just like with other guns.

For those of you who get aftermarket barrels for the Glock because you are afraid of the chamber, fitting should be done. Most aftermarket "target" barrels are not drop-in reliable, and can even be dangerous if they do not go properly into battery. Once again though, this goes for any gun.

Whats funny about this Glock thread is that it reminds me of AR15 forums where everyone hates AKs because they are uncomfortable, inaccurate, and not as reliable as people claim.

Bottom line: Get a reliable gun, comfortable and cheap enough to shoot alot, and small enough to carry.

Good luck with the +P ammo, eventually it will go KB for those guys using +P+,I don't see the reason to push the gun's limits like that. many agencies are switching over to M&P, the DEA has even approved it across the board, so anyone wanting to switch may. International agencies are now using it as well, Australia has adapted to it and forces in the middle east as well (I don't know if thats good....) I even know a department down the road from me using M&P 45's

Columbus OH, Cincinnati OH, NC department of corrections, Patrick County, VA sheriffs, Clearwater, FL police, New Castle, DE, Iowa State Patrol, Winthrop, MA,Colorado springs PD, ect. ect. over 15k guns in duty service in the US (figures from 06) new figures are likely double since S&W is having a tuff time keeping up and they are getting international orders (7500 shipped to iraq)

Edited by Vultite

I did not start by "fixing" the gun, I did improve its trigger pull which has nothing to do with FTE or FTF.

Since I had tried Glocks before, I knew what to do right away and especially filling the tip of the trigger safety to put it at the same level as the trigger when depressed so it would not dig in my trigger finger.

It's only after I tried the gun and had FTE/FTF that I replaced the recoil spring which did solved the problem.

All of this has nothing to do with the accuracy of the gun.

The bullet is long gone off the barrel when the breech unlocks and the slide starts to move back.

The gun is not very accurate, end of story. The Caldwell HAMMR rest does not give a rat ass about grip (which I still don't like) or trigger and the group this gun produce look like shit in my book.

I get better groups off hand with my P228 with the same ammo.

Please don't try to make me look like a dumb fuck, it's not my first rodeo... :sadam:

It was not my intention to make you look like a dumbfuck, don't get all butt hurt over it.

I have no idea how many rodeo's you've been too. I do know many people who love to tinker with their guns ( I know I do) and put all kinds of after market parts on them and then have issues.

You stated in your post you starting taking the gun apart and working on it, and it didn't fit your hand before you even shot it.

And then you said it was unreliable and not accurate. What do you suppose that would lead people to think?

I know alot of ex-marines, SWAT cops and competitors who have had zero problems with their glocks and find them to be very accurate. It's all anecdotal.

If they don't work for you that doesn't mean glocks suck, it means you suck with glocks. :lolol:

I'm really not tying to pick a fight dude, I just have seen one too many posts where people make sweeping statements like "The gun is not very accurate, end of story" when 90% of the time it's them, not the equipment.

Like I said earlier, glocks are not perfect-maybe there's something wrong with yours from the factory?

I own two Glocks.

Good luck with the +P ammo, eventually it will go KB for those guys using +P+,I don't see the reason to push the gun's limits like that. many agencies are switching over to M&P, the DEA has even approved it across the board, so anyone wanting to switch may. International agencies are now using it as well, Australia has adapted to it and forces in the middle east as well (I don't know if thats good....) I even know a department down the road from me using M&P 45's

Columbus OH, Cincinnati OH, NC department of corrections, Patrick County, VA sheriffs, Clearwater, FL police, New Castle, DE, Iowa State Patrol, Winthrop, MA,Colorado springs PD, ect. ect. over 15k guns in duty service in the US (figures from 06) new figures are likely double since S&W is having a tuff time keeping up and they are getting international orders (7500 shipped to iraq)

Sorry my friend. I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but there is no evidence for Glocks KBing at a rate any higher than any other pistol.

It's easy enough for any experienced shooter to check the brass for bulges, flattened or flowing primers etc. You've been reading too many anti-Glock forums.

Early Glock .40s (not all Glocks) had a less supported chamber that allowed for reloaded brass to occasionally have issues. Several other firearms had the same issue in .40. All of it was traced to reloaded ammo or using lead bullets instead of jacketed (the factory says "no lead")

It's all very well documented if you wish to know the facts.

Best Regards,

Stever

The G17 is the "Proven Choice" I have seen more powerful Glocks and more compact Glocks have issues similar to the polymer framed "wannabes" but the G17 is the long haul trucker/animal mother of all 9mm pistols.

BTW one of my Glocks will be turning 20 years old in a year and is pushing 30K and I have had 6 stoppages with this pistol giving it a higher MRBS than a belt fed machinegun,LOL

Oh and by the way,about 18,000rds of that was IMI subgun ammo which would qualify as +P++ with primers hard enough to wear the firing pin face on an Uzi without an kaBoom.

I think people with little hands just hate on Glocks and try to make a big stink when the reality is you will find more kaBooms with Berettas and 1911s per capita.Go attend some practical pistol matches for a few months and you will probably see a kaBoom in person and it will most likely be a tricked out 1911 that does the kaBooming :D

Edited by SOPMOD

I don't feel like typing a lot, sorry. But I will say I own a G22 and have shot 1000's of rounds through my old duty gun. I would buy one again and again. Do a search on G21 torture test. Guys leaves one in a bucket of mud, drops it from a plane, shoots it with a .22 rifle, doesn't clean it and shoots it covered in mud. It went boom everytime.

here is the site with the test

Edited by hallboss