It is pretty frustrating that you tell the truth and everybody calls you a liar. But I guess that's the way the internet works. TUFF GUYZ can lie all they want and sound just as right as the guy telling the truth.

:rolleyes:

The irony is both sickening and hilarious, but I suspect only I will appreciate it.

I've never shot a Glock, but if my choices are 1)trusting thousands upon thousands of happy civilian Glock owners and LE officers and 2)trusting you, my choice is easy. :haha:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so i've been contemplating picking up a glock lately and was wondering if anyone here had any helpful input they would like to share. i've had my eyes on a 17 but dont really know much about all the v

outstanding info DesertDog! thx much for such a clear right up. i totally agree with the points you presented about the simplicity of glocks. your time is much appreciated.   on another note i saw

thx to all the info this thread has gotten, good or bad. exactly what i'm looking to hear.

Posted Images

It is pretty frustrating that you tell the truth and everybody calls you a liar. But I guess that's the way the internet works. TUFF GUYZ can lie all they want and sound just as right as the guy telling the truth.

:rolleyes:

The irony is both sickening and hilarious, but I suspect only I will appreciate it.

I've never shot a Glock, but if my choices are 1)trusting thousands upon thousands of happy civilian Glock owners and LE officers and 2)trusting you, my choice is easy. :haha:

Nah, it was silly. I laughed after I posted that.

Edited by Twinsen

It just came up on another forum. I was just thought, "Yep, all guns jam" and started to read the responses. Everybody there was like IMPOSSIBLE, THEY LIED! CONSPIRACY! So then I laughed and posted some glock hate. And swore a lot.

Damn are ya'll still..... :deadhorse:

This shit is f'king hilarious. Why is it that every single thread I've seen about Glocks ends up three or more pages worth of this same kind of crap?

The people who hate Glocks, for whatever reason, will always talk shit about them. Let em talk. The proof is in the tupperware box....lol.

These fine weapons didn't get the reputation they have, nor the popularity among LEOs and military, by being junk.

I would not venture to say that Glock's are crap nor do I believe it.

On the other hand, quite a few LE departments are reconsidering them and are making the switch to different brands of side arms.

When I went to the range the other day to sight in my WASR, I took my HAMMR rest to check the new sights I put on my G-34 (Warren, Sevigny style).

Like both the factory and the XS sights I had on it before, I had to push the rear sight all the way to the right for the gun to shoot at point of aim.

I am not the first one to report that Glock's often shoot left of point of aim. Some say it is a common error of beginners with a Glock and I say that the freaking gun is shooting to the left (the rest has no finger control problems and the rest and I get the same result).

Funny thing is that just after I bought the gun, I went to a GSSF match and showed the original rear sight being set to the right from factory to the Glock armorer. He told me that it was very common for the G-34 to be like that...

My G-34, supposedly a "match grade" gun I bought for IDPA matches, is not shooting straight and delivers crappy 2" groups at 10 yards with Remington green box and Winchester white box 115 grain FMJ.

I also need to check every single cartridge in a max. size Wilson gage to avoid jamming the gun (which happened quite often before that)

I am not impressed with my G-34 and others would say that Glock's are POS...

Maybe I ought to send it back to factory...

This shit is f'king hilarious. Why is it that every single thread I've seen about Glocks ends up three or more pages worth of this same kind of crap?

The people who hate Glocks, for whatever reason, will always talk shit about them. Let em talk. The proof is in the tupperware box....lol.

These fine weapons didn't get the reputation they have, nor the popularity among LEOs and military, by being junk.

Because out of every 1,000,000 Glocks produced there are two that are out of spec. The two people who get them rather bitch and moan about it instead of just getting rid of it and buying something else.

All the other whiners are just not very good and blame their equipment.

:haha:

Because out of every 1,000,000 Glocks produced there are two that are out of spec. The two people who get them rather bitch and moan about it instead of just getting rid of it and buying something else.

40 out of a million. Let's get that straight.

I have shot IDPA matches quite regularly (not as much now) and have seen my share of gun issues.

Like any other brand, Glock's are not perfect and I have seen and know many shooters who had issues with them.

A member of this forum asked about the Glock's and I don't feel like a whiner by reporting my personal experience with the one I have.

I do not own many guns and every one of them was bought with a specific purpose in mind. Like with every other piece of equipment I have, I expect them to perform as they should and it ticks me off when they don't.

The first time I shot my G-34 was at a GSSF match and the gun was inspected by the Glock armorer.

I had quite a few FTE but still managed to finish in the first 10 out of 200+ shooters (all classes included)

Many users are having issues with the Saiga 12: I don't believe them to be whiners when they talk about it on this forum and it does not mean Saiga 12 are crap either.

Fair is fair...

Hey guys.

I've had the same Glock model 17 for almost 20 years now. It'll be 20 years in May I think. I used it at an Executive Security school where it fired about 3,000 rounds I'm guessing. It has also been to Gunsite in AZ and had I don't know how many rounds put through it there. Lots and lots. I've shot it underwater, covered in mud, snow, sand and dirt. She always goes bang when I need her to. Don't get me wrong, if I shot 1,000 of rounds without cleaning it, any handgun would have issues. The Glock has been the most reliable handgun I've ever owned.

That video of the Police's Glock not going off was interesting, but I think I know what happened.... If you pull the slide back just a touch, it disconnects the firing mechanism and won't let it go off. I suspect when they were fighting for it, that's what happened.

Anyway, here she is:

GlockM17bo.jpg

Note that it's the pre-checked grip model. That's how they used to make them 20 years ago. LOL

I'm thinking of getting a new recoil and firing pin spring for it. It still works great, but with probably 50K rounds through it by now, it might not be a bad idea to make sure she hits the primers as hard as she always did.

One thing I'd recommend to anyone wanting a Glock is to hold the different models to see what's comfortable for you. Personally, I like the slightly shorter grip and slide of the model 19. It gives me a more repeatable grip where as the 17 will allow my hand to slide up and down a little.

Corbin

Just so everyone's clear, I'm in no way doubting the experiences of the the fine forum members here......Ok, I can't type that shit with a straight face. :lolol:

I'm just tired of the Glock bashing, not because I'm such a fan boy that I can't see their flaws, but because they are so well vetted that to say they aren't reliable is just outlandish. I'm sure, hell, I KNOW, that with the vast numbers produced there almost has to be some crappy ones out there.

But by and large they are one of the most reliable guns on the market, and that's just a plain fact.

All my guns are fighting guns, I don't have range toys. I do competitions and training days to get better with my chosen weapons. If they don't work, I get rid of them NOW.

My S12 runs flawlessly, It's never jammed on me after I did the conversion and polished everything. I've used it for 3Gun and am planning on taking a shotgun fighting course with it after I SBS.

So then I bought a x39. The last 3gun I did I was popping 5" plates with it at 100yds, and recently I did a 500rd CQC training class. Not one failure.

So now I bought a Saiga 308 and am building a DMR.

If I constantly had problems with any of them I'd dump them in a minute.

The reason I have Saigas is that they are rugged and reliable. I find Glocks to be the same, and so do millions of others.

If your weapon doesn't work, get rid of it before it goes tit's up on you at the wrong time.

I have to respectfully disagree,..

I realize I am going against the grain

but my opinion is that Glocks blow,...

and here's why:

#1 in my opinion,..They are so light,... the recoil is your hand,... whatever damage may happen to your hand,.. you might not realize if you don't shoot it every day,..

#2 Every single one I have ever shot jammed,... 3 total,.. so what else am I supposed to think?

I don't care how many people across the earth have had zero malfunctions, NOT ME, my experience with glock 9mm pistols, is that THEY JAM.

and to top it all off, I think they are ugly pistols and have no design sense whatsoever

Why don't we just let this one die a nice peaceful death? Everybody that I know loves Sig Sauer pistols and can shoot them very accurately. I had one and couldn't get a decent group for anything. I promptly sold it and moved to what worked for me. It meant that Sig Sauer was not for me, not that anything was wrong with the weapon. Let it die and buy what you like. JMHO & YMMV

so i've been contemplating picking up a glock lately and was wondering if anyone here had any helpful input they would like to share. i've had my eyes on a 17 but dont really know much about all the variations. I'm definetly lookin for somthing with high cap possibilitys. thx

Go out and rent guns at a range and see what you like. I wanted a .40 so I shot sigs, H&Ks, and glocks. The glock felt better to me and I shot more accurately with it so I went with the glock. It may be different for you....get what feels right and shoots well. That's the best gun for you.

I like my glock. I'd love to have an xd40 and I will buy a 1911 model .45 within the next year. I'm trying to go with the large capacity guns first to be sure I have magazines in case of a ban. Then I'll buy the 45 since I won't have anything larger than a 10 rd mag. I really like the Taurus 1911 and they have a lifetime warranty.....

As a side note, like others have said, you can switch to a 9mm or .357 sig by purchasing an aftermarket barrel and the magazines. I have a g23 and bought a wolf 9mm barrel. It works fine with the original extractor, some have had to replace the extractor for reliability (I've read). I am going to buy my wife one too. I was originally thinking of getting her an XD9 compact because of the grip safety, but I'm probably going to go with another g23 w/ a 9mm barrel. That way we can use interchangeable magazines and barrels. Another thought to ponder is that the glock magazines are about half the cost and twice as avaiable as the other brands.

Shoot straight and keep your thumb away from the slide lock!

Edited by jrmy_1
I have to respectfully disagree,..

I realize I am going against the grain

but my opinion is that Glocks blow,...

and here's why:

#1 in my opinion,..They are so light,... the recoil is your hand,... whatever damage may happen to your hand,.. you might not realize if you don't shoot it every day,..

#2 Every single one I have ever shot jammed,... 3 total,.. so what else am I supposed to think?

I don't care how many people across the earth have had zero malfunctions, NOT ME, my experience with glock 9mm pistols, is that THEY JAM.

and to top it all off, I think they are ugly pistols and have no design sense whatsoever

Limp wrist perhaps? :haha:

• 1 month later...
I have a Glock 17, 26 and 21. Love em! I want a Glock 20 in 10mm! :batman:

HaHa, You might THINK you want it until you go to pay for the ammo. I got rid of my Glock 9mm, which I loved, and bought a 10mm because I thought it was going to be the next best/big selling round when the FBI got them. I still love the Glock, and put a Pachmyer rubber slip grip on it and Meprolight tritium sights on it. But the 9mm was far cheaper to shoot. If you get tritium sights, make sure the front sight is a different color than the rear dots. It's far too easy to "be off a dot" and not really be aiming where you want to be.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a Glock 17, 26 and 21. Love em! I want a Glock 20 in 10mm! :batman:

HaHa, You might THINK you want it until you go to pay for the ammo. I got rid of my Glock 9mm, which I loved, and bought a 10mm because I thought it was going to be the next best/big selling round when the FBI got them. I still love the Glock, and put a Pachmyer rubber slip grip on it and Meprolight tritium sights on it. But the 9mm was far cheaper to shoot. If you get tritium sights, make sure the front sight is a different color than the rear dots. It's far too easy to "be off a dot" and not really be aiming where you want to be.

HaHa, 10mm's for suckers. .45 ACP's where it's at, (both performance-wise and the cost per round).

Imho, the .45 ACP is the perfect pistol round. It takes people out of the fight with 1 round, no matter where it impacts them.

I own a Glock 30SF, (.45 ACP with the integrated rail), and overall it's the finest pistol I've ever shot. Bitch hold's 10+1 of .45 with a ~3.4" barrel and tritium night-sights, dead-on accurate from the factory, and much lower recoil than most 1911 variants. It doesn't get much better than that. ;)

I had a Sig 228 (9mm), Glock 30 (45acp), XD-9, and Browning HP all stuffed in my camera/range SHTF bag. I got to the range and basically grab whatever and start banging away with all of them.

The look was priceless at the range with pulling out all these different guns and just blazing away.

It does take time to adjust to the Glock's grip but after you Practice, practice, practice with all your firearms it becomes unknow you've even switched grip positions.

I liked the Sig trigger, then XD trigger/safety, then the Glock BIG BANG 45, The Browning HP rated last as being a solid chunk of steel though accurate and smooth with the trigger work and polish I had done to it.

Glocks are like any other arms, some good, some bad. I've had two G-23's that were flawless with FMJ but never made it through 80 rounds flawlessly with any of the dozen brands and weights of hollow point ammo I used them with. I have a G-19 which is about as good as it gets, essentially flawless with anything I've fed it. I don't shoot them as accurately as some of my other guns since mine have night sights on them which obscure the target but they're plenty good enough for a gun fight. The price is good, the performance is good, if they fit your hand well and you're comfortable with them, they're an excellent choice.

I've switched to Walthers most of the time now. They're very similar but better (and more expensive). Guess what, I have two in 40 S&W that are flawless with everything I've thrown at them and one in 9mm that won't feed hollow point worth a damn. But, I'll never sell my G-19. :wub:

Imho, the .45 ACP is the perfect pistol round. It takes people out of the fight with 1 round, no matter where it impacts them.

I really hope you're kidding about that and just forgot the smiley because otherwise that's the most poorly informed comment I've seen about a pistol caliber in a long time. :eek:

I really hope you're kidding about that and just forgot the smiley because otherwise that's the most poorly informed comment I've seen about a pistol caliber in a long time. :eek:

Perhaps I exaggerated just a bit, (I think I'd had more than a few shots when I was typing that post last night :blush:), but what I was trying to say is that the .45 ACP is a fantastic "man-stopper", far better than any other common pistol round. In most cases a person shot with a .45 will be thrown off their feet. That's what I meant when I said it "takes people out of the fight", not that it's necessarily lethal no matter where it impacts a person.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

OH shit, this is still going on! "Handled 40 Glocks and not one could shoot a whole mag without jamming".

For those who are genuinly curious, just call or e-mail firearms instructors and schools. They see hundreds of different guns shoot every week;

John Farnam = Glock 32

Chuck Taylor = Only Glocks and XDs

Gabe Suarez = Glock 17 and 23

Mas Ayoob = Carries a Glock 27

Andy Stanford = Glock

Louis Awerbuck = Carries Glock and 1911

Chris Costa = Glock 17 and 19

Jeff Gonzales = Glock 30

Randy Cain = Carries Glock and Colt 1911

George Mathies = Glock 19

Don Busse = Glock 30

Lenny Magill = Glock 19

Larry Vickers = Glock 19

Jim Higginbotham = Glock 23 for carry, custom 1911 for class

Paul Gomez = Glock 19

James Yeager = Glock 19

Also, call ranges and schools that rent guns and ask them what runs the most reliable.

And almost every law enforcement agency using Glocks. This didnt happen because of politics or payoffs (S&W is famous for that), it happened because they were looking for a particular type of gun, and the Glock won the trials.

To the op, rather than get the "40 out of 40 Glocks cant go through a magazine without a jam" advise, I highly recommend that you call folks that see many different guns shoot for a living. You will get the idea.

I sleep with a Glock 19 with a 30 something round mag in it on the headboard of my bed, along with my 5.7. This gun has NEVER EVER jammed, and feeds and eats what ever it has in the mag. I even have bought the wife a Taurus Judge 45/410, but she'd rather have the Glock while out side walking the dog at dark. Don't ask me why?????? 30 something rounds of XTP hollow points or 5 rounds of 00 buck, go figure. Oh, and I forgot, the laser in the grip. But don't dis the .45 either, but the 454 casull is better for blowing holes in things. :):):)