• AGP 10-round
    • Surefire 10-round
    • Surefire 12-round
    • Promag 10-round

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Surefire, because I have more of them than the AGP's. The surefires have been more available and cheaper from where I order.

I like the AGP mags too. I just have less of them.

The surefire 8's are really nice.

I only have 50 rounds through my assorted mags, so not a lot of first hand XP. But I seem to have voted with my wallet.

I have a Pro Mag ten rounder and an AGP mag. The Pro Mag hand cycles smoothly but I haven't shot with it yet. The AGP had to be worked with a fired Russian steel case to smooth out the rough spots now it feeds flawlessly. The Pro Mag needed the least work to fit to the S-12 and all the magazines I have needed to be fitted including the Taiwanese five rounders. I would like to see a US made ten rounder either by Pro Mag or AGP, I don't have magazines made by Surefire so I can't comment on them.

I like both Pro Mag and AGP and both have good customer service.

I've got a few Surefires,an AGP and a Promag.

Of the three my Surefires rank the highest.I have had no problems at all with them,but both the AGP and the Promag have feed issues and had to be fitted.

My vote goes to Surefire.

I have 2 AGP's and 1 Promag. The AGP's have never had any problems at all and work flawlessly. I have to slap the bottom of the Promag after every round and then rack the bolt to get it to feed. Good thing I was in the USMC ... Tap rack bang! :lolol: :lolol:

Edit: I realize only the Marines on the forum will understand that one.

Edited by dannyfantasy
I have 2 AGP's and 1 Promag. The AGP's have never had any problems at all and work flawlessly. I have to slap the bottom of the Promag after every round and then rack the bolt to get it to feed. Good thing I was in the USMC ... Tap rack bang! :lolol: :lolol:

Tap (the mag)

Rack (the slide / action to strip out the bad round and feed another)

Bang (pull the trigger, if it goes bang you are GTG)

How did I do? :smoke:

I just ordered 2 AGPs from the main E-store here. Can't wait to get them and try em out. Only exp. I have is with the factory 5s and a Surefire 12rnd I moded to 8rnd. So far they are great.

Edited by RABIDFOX50

Tap (the mag)

I just ordered 2 AGPs from the main E-store here. Can't wait to get them and try em out. Only exp. I have is with the factory 5s and a Surefire 12rnd I moded to 8rnd. So far they are great.

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. Haha The Marine Corps is not nearly as complicated as they like to think.

• 3 weeks later...

Tap (the mag)

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. Haha The Marine Corps is not nearly as complicated as they like to think.

I voted for the 12rs surefire so that I can cut it down to 8rds. I do believe that a steel lip on a mag is more of a draw back instead of a plus. I went into detail in my Live fire AAR thread as to the reasons for this. Those steel lips can also come off. I had one come off on a promag as I was trying to fit it to my saiga. The bolt carrier came into contact with it and removed it. I see it as one more thing that can fail.

• 3 weeks later...

Surefire 12,

in truth haven't tried the others, but they have been 100% reliable through 200+ round of cheap fed bulk so far (stock gun). I ran some Buckshot and Slugs through them; haven't, tried any 3". 1 FTF but it wasn't mags fault shell was.. deformed :rolleyes: . With its length, the vertical grip gets in its way if i try and Bang it out on reload, (only tried it a couple times once i cut down the grip I'm gonna be trying it a lot more) but the grip's kinda long for my hand anyway so no biggy.

In 12 gauge

Izhmash 8 round for standart Saiga

Molot 8 round with self-made changes for Saiga with well

Best magazines for everything. For me it is easier to change magazines, than to have problems with 10 rounds. Also theese magazines aren't long and I can shoot lying on ground with out any troubles.

Edited by Tushisvet

I finally got to shoot my S-12 for the first time Saturday afternoon. You can keep your steenking sticks. You can have my MD Arms 20 round drum when you pry it from my cold dead fingers! We don't need no steenking sticks!! I put 190 rounds through it with steeks and drums. Drums rule! My shoulder is bruised and sore. But its a good kind of sore.

well, I took the poll to heart and got an AGP 10 round as my first after market mag. It locked right up, although it's a bit tighter than my 2 factory fives.

a 100 round federal wally world pack later, and no stoppages whatsoever.

Next stop: MD20.

I hate to go against the general consensus but I have the AGP 10rd and the surefire 12 (13rd).

The AGP after very few mag changes developed a little front to back slop, the mag actually rocks a bit in the receiver.

With the surefire Ive had 0 problems with and actually fit my receiver better. You can also cut the surefire to whatever capacity you wish as the 13 rd capacity is a little long at 18"s. So it can be a 13, 10, 8, 5 and 3 I believe?

Just my opinion

• 1 month later...

I used Sure Fire 13s exclusively in a tactical shotgun match last Saturday they ran great pretty much like my AGP 10s but with 3 more rounds I did have my AGPs for back up. Just in case!

currently we have 14 retards voting

Or one posting...

I'm waiting on 4 Promags to arrive on Monday. Here's the way I see it:

Cameron Hadley of Chaos posted some pictures of a S12 that he fixed up for his nephew's 13th birthday. In those pictures were several very nice items that Chaos makes as well as some other quality items. Overall, a very nice setup. And, inserted in the S12....yep....you guessed it.....a Promag 10rd'er.

Now if Cam thinks the Promag is good enough for his nephew, then it's good enough for me.

If I have any issues with them, I'll get them exchanged.

Anyone else see that AGP now sells 6 and 8 round mags? (And no, I'm not talking about cutting them down. They actually make them now.)

It was news to me when I found out this morning.

(They also make AR lowers now. Pretty good looking lowers actually.)

Anyone else see that AGP now sells 6 and 8 round mags? (And no, I'm not talking about cutting them down. They actually make them now.)

It was news to me when I found out this morning.

(They also make AR lowers now. Pretty good looking lowers actually.)

Its news to me.

Sweet, just looked. Now we can have 2,5,6,8,10, or 12 round stick mags depending on brand and size.

Thats a lot of flavors.

Edited by Nailbomb
  • 2 weeks later...
The question was.."if you could have only ONE US MADE MAGAZINE".

Yes, I CAN read and comprehend, Cobra. ONE US made mag, then as many RUSSIAN as I want.

I hope this helps clarify things for you.

LOL thats great :)

I was about to say the same thing!

• 3 weeks later...

I am sticking to 5rnd or 8rnd mags. The 10s look too long and bulky.

Any legality issues with making your own mag? I have ideas for hacking something together but wanted to make sure that I would not end up in club-Fed. I am an AZ resident, so we have no upper limit on mag capacities.

I know that Alliance said that they were making only the backplates for the 20ga drums to cover their butts in the event of an upcoming ban, so do the mags need to be stamped somehow to indicate date of manufacture and in addition, do you have to be licensed in order for your markings to have any merit?

I am a hell of a do-it-yourselfer, but I would rather not be tasked with writting a club-Fed survival book! :D

When I bought my Saiga I purchased 2 ProMag 10 round mags with it. Soon as I got home I found out that neither one would even fit in the gun. So I had to shave the mags to make them fit. Then I took them to the range and fired a few rounds to try them out. They failed to load on almost every shot. I adjusted the stock gas plug, and even tried 3 different types of ammo. Nothing. Upon further inspection the shells are sticking in side the mag. The follower was not pushing them right. I became frustrated having spent $100 for two pieces of crap. I did a little reading and everyone (for the most part) was saying that the Surefire mags were better. I gave them a chance. Bought a Surefire 12 round mag. Straight from the pack, no mods, worked perfectly. I love Surefire. I will be buying more of these.

I recently changed out the stock gas plug to the MD Arms 4 setting plug. I tried the ProMag mags again hoping that better gas control would help with the F.T.L. ....No Joy! Still jamming up. It is the follower inside the mags. So my vote is for Surefire!

Edited by cskinner2144