Global Warming Is Running Out of Hot Air

Phyllis Schlafly

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The coldest winter in a decade in many places, with snow in unlikely cities such as New Orleans, has deflated some of the hot air in global warming. And a heavy snowfall that paralyzed Washington, D.C., upstaged a mass demonstration scheduled to promote global warming.

Nevertheless, according to Al Gore and the mainstream media, "the debate is over" proving that global warming exists, that humans are causing it and that "science is settled."

But 680 of the world's leading scientists, economists and policy analysts, who met March 8-10 in New York City for the second Heartland International Conference, beg to differ. The title of the conference expressed their doubts: "Global Warming: Was It Ever Really a Crisis?"

These authorities assert that scientists worldwide do not agree that global warming is human induced (in scientific lingo, anthropogenic). They do not even agree that the Earth is still warming.

Many scientists and other observers have come to realize that global warming is no longer a question of science but is all about politics and money. Their slogan, cap-and-trade, was best explained by House Minority Leader John A. Boehner, R-Ohio, as "a carbon tax that will increase taxes on all Americans who drive a car, who have a job, who turn on a light switch."

President Obama is being pressured by James McCarthy, head of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, to rush his carbon tax through Congress before the American people discover the lie in Obama's promise that "95 percent of working families" will not see their taxes rise by "a single dime." In fact, his own budget shows that taxes will rise for 100 percent of Americans for the sake of global warming.

The United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change plans to use a treaty to reduce America's use of energy and therefore our standard of living, while forcing us to subsidize energy production in other countries and close our eyes to the omission of China and India from any obligation.

There has been virtually no overall global warming since 2001. Christopher Monckton, a former adviser to Margaret Thatcher, reminded the conference that temperatures "have been plummeting at a rate equivalent to 11 Fahrenheit degrees per century throughout the four years since Gore launched his mawkish, sci-fi comedy horror B-movie."

Eagle Forum's observer at the Heartland Conference, Pat Carlson of Dallas, reported that its most interesting speaker was Czech Republic President and rotating President of the European Union Vaclav Klaus, who has taken a bold position against the prevailing propaganda about global warming. He described talking to global warming advocates as similar to trying to make "well prepared arguments" using "relevant data" to former East European Communist bureaucrats: "It all fell into emptiness ... they did not listen ... they did not argue back ... they considered you uninformed ... a complainer."

Klaus has written a book called "Blue Planet in Green Shackles -- What is Endangered: Climate or Freedom?" He had previously carried his politically incorrect views to the World Economic Forum in Davos, where he reminded the countries promoting the global warming agenda that they "had not fulfilled even the relatively modest Kyoto Protocol obligations."

As a resident of St. Louis, which boasts a world-class zoo noted especially for its bears housed in their natural habitats, I've been concerned because of the many television spots warning that global warming may make polar bears extinct. I can now stop worrying; the Senate's expert on global warming, James Inhofe, R-Okla., has discovered that polar bears are actually more plentiful than they were 40 years ago.

This was confirmed at the Heartland Conference by Ph.D. polar bear biologist Dr. Mitchell Taylor. He said polar bears are definitely not disappearing; their numbers are holding steady at about 24,000.

At the Heartland Conference, the science of global warming was actually discussed and debated. That was very different from the United Nations conferences Carlson previously attended, where global warming caused by humans was accepted as fact without debate.

The advocates of a U.N. treaty to force the United States to reduce our use of energy are extraordinarily shy about debating the science of the issue. We've yet to hear any of them explain or apologize for their hysterical support of the false assumption of the 1960s that millions of people would starve to death in the 1980s because of overpopulation, or of the 1970s theory that global cooling would kill our agriculture.

Christopher Horner's new book, called "Red Hot Lies: How Global Warming Alarmists Use Threats, Fraud and Deception to Keep You Misinformed," gives many, many examples of how they not only refuse to debate, but are malicious against anyone who dares to contradict their view.

Does this mean the left won't destroy our economy with Obama's cap and trade plan?

Does this mean we can start drilling for our own domestic oil supplies?

Does this mean we can get Detroit going again by banning those bullshit CAFE standards?

Does this mean we can start eating corn again instead of turning it all into ethanol?

Does this mean the left won't destroy our economy with Obama's cap and trade plan?

Does this mean we can start drilling for our own domestic oil supplies?

Does this mean we can get Detroit going again by banning those bullshit CAFE standards?

Does this mean we can start eating corn again instead of turning it all into ethanol?

Yes, :rolleyes: We have always known or should have known that the whole global warming was just a money making scam and that if Al Gore couldn't be president he had to make money and stay in the lime light somehow.

I hate to ruin everybody's fun again with silly things like documented fact, but the science behind global warming dates back to 1896. Al Gore did not invent it.

http://www.aip.org/history/climate/summary.htm

Saying global warming is BS just because the EPA is profiting from it is like saying nukes are made up because the DoD gets missile defense money.

We are in an inter glacial period. D'oh that means we are naturally seeing warming temperatures and melting glaciers. The fact that our planet is getting warmer is not in dispute between reasonable men. How much of that warming can be attributed to mankind's insatiable use of fossil fuels is however subject to heated discussion - mainly because we are NOT anywhere near as smart as a species as we let on.

Like most derisive issues, the truth lies somewhere in between!

I've seen reports that icebergs are shrinking in size, and reports that say they are getting thicker. I've seen reports that say the average temperature of the earth is increasing, and reports that say it is decreasing. I've seen reports saying that we aren't warming or cooling. In order to believe that global warming exists, you need to ignore 2/3 of the documented facts on the issue.

Get the carbon making humans off Mars also, it's warming/cooling rate is the same as Earths. That is science according to NASA. Anybody remember 70's new Ice Age coming or the ozone hole hoax that cost billions and billions. American's can go back to wearing skins and living in caves and the Earth's climate will still do it's up and downs as past history recordings show. Guess man's polution caused the end of the last Ice age. Or Caused Greenland to become an artic region. Yes, the Nordics grew grapes there ounce. :smoke:

I hate to ruin everybody's fun again with silly things like documented fact, but the science behind global warming dates back to 1896. Al Gore did not invent it.

Saying global warming is BS just because the EPA is profiting from it is like saying nukes are made up because the DoD gets missile defense money.

He did invent the internet :haha: . Oh, and if you must refer to HIM :chicken: , chickenlittle will do.

http://www.aip.org/history/climate/summary.htm

Regardless of WHAT the weather is doing, man is NOT THE CAUSE.

We can't make the wind blow. We can't make the wind stop blowing.

We can't make it rain. We can't make it stop raining.

The vast majority of greenhouse gas is WATER VAPOR. Until we can control the process of EVAPORATION, we'll never have an affect on that.

The notion that we have the power to change SHIT is about as arrogant as anything I have ever heard.

Go on with your, "we all need to either go back to the stone age or die because we're killing mother earth" is fucking idiotic.

Then again, it's a liberal religion, so I guess that fits.

And Al Gore is pushing this because he cares about the environment??? LOL :lolol:

After all, he hasn't given up his private jet and his electric bills are 20 times the national average - at least.

Too bad the planet isn't getting warmer. Just think of how much ammo you GW morons would have if the temperature was actually rising.

Bounce, did you go on steroids or something? You REALLY want to fight today, it seems.

Honestly, I could post "adslfkjnasdf;lkj" and you'd find a way to make it into liberal propaganda.

I'm in a pretty cynical mood today, I'll give you that.

And Al Gore is pushing this because he cares about the environment??? LOL :lolol:

After all, he hasn't given up his private jet and his electric bills are 20 times the national average - at least.

Too bad the planet isn't getting warmer. Just think of how much ammo you GW morons would have if the temperature was actually rising.

Al Gore loves the environment, his house is proof that he cares. The only reason his energy bills are so high is because he spends countless hours on his internet researching experiments and studies of scientists' and rewriting them so he can take the credit. :haha:

Bounce, did you go on steroids or something? You REALLY want to fight today, it seems.

Honestly, I could post "adslfkjnasdf;lkj" and you'd find a way to make it into liberal propaganda.

It's spelled asdlfkjnasdf:lkj. You switched the s and d, and put a semi colon in place of the colon. WTF?! Damn hippy!

All the proof in the world won't convince these nut jobs. They couldn't give two shits about global warming anyhow, all they want and have ever wanted is more power and control.

Look at any chart going back thousands, if not tens of thousands of years. The climate on our planet is a dynamic bio-system that cools off and heats up due to circumstances we cannot even begin to control let alone understand. We might have some idea, but really we don't. Got idiots out there trying to influence "change" for billions of people based on their pseudo science, when I can't even find a weather man that can accurately predict when the fuck it's going to rain this week where I live or what the temperature will be within 5-10 degrees. Chimpanzees would make just as good weathermen as the "scientists" we have now.

It's good to take care of the environment if we can, but we're not destroying the planet like many would lead us to believe.

Edited by Wotan1105

Fun fact about Al Gore - he loves to tell everyone about global warming but refuses to debate anyone. There's a "speakers series" touring various venues across the country currently, all sorts of political pundits paired up, Al Gore refused to attend unless he could be the only one on stage during his segment and take no questions. What happened, Al, afraid someone might call you out on your BS?

Whether or not you believe in global warming, I see nothing wrong with trying to do things more efficiently and by using less carbon based fuels. I would personally enjoy getting 600 miles per tank.

NOAA has some good graphs concerning CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere if you are so inclined.

And I think it would take a lot more than the elimination of CAFE to get Detroit moving again. But that's another story.

In all events, just stay on the lookout for Manbearpig.

Human induced global warming is junk science at its worst.

This type of junk science is nothing new. When I was a geology major here in California, the big scare was "ozone depletion". You know, that thin spot in the ozone layer over the earth's south pole. This thin spot was attributed to cold air originally, and being that the sun produces ozone, it sounds pretty logical that it would be thinner in the south pole (coldest place on earth). But, some screwy scientist decided that CFCs, your hair spray and air conditioner were causing a hole in the ozone. I remember asking my professor; "if CFCs are causing a hole in the ozone layer, then why is the hole over the south pole. Why wouldn't holes be over Los Angeles, Calcutta, Beijing, and Taiwan? Are the penguins using hair spray and driving SUVs?" He could not give me an answer. We spent billions getting rid of R-12, only to find out that it was not doing any harm. The colder the earth is - the more ozone depletion we experience. Its funny to see how a volcanic eruptions has more profound effects than any other recorded stimuli. We are not driving the environment, the environment is driving us.

Here in California, we have a crazy scientist that leads research for the California Air Resources Board (CARB). We now are going to have comply with potentially devastating laws that will make most diesel engines illegal in California, because this crackpot scientist presented a report to the state saying that diesel fuel is the biggest polluter. Well, it turns out that this scientist is not a scientist at all. He lied on his application about his education and many CREDIBLE scientist are saying that his findings are false. Still, after knowing all of this, he still holds his position at CARB and his diesel laws are still going into effect. These loony enviro-nazis have totally lost it! The truth no longer matters, as long as industry is hurt and more fees and fines can be collected.

Whether or not you believe in global warming, I see nothing wrong with trying to do things more efficiently and by using less carbon based fuels. I would personally enjoy getting 600 miles per tank.

Capitalism and the free market automatically commands that things get done more efficiently.

It's when government MANDATES efficiency that shit gets outrageously expensive and the products go to hell.

NOAA has some good graphs concerning CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere if you are so inclined.

CO2 is plant food and I have concentrations of it in my lungs right now. The idea that plant food is killing the planet is mindless.

And I think it would take a lot more than the elimination of CAFE to get Detroit moving again. But that's another story.

It's not government's intent to get Detroit moving again. It's their intent TO CONTROL it.

The auto industry doesn't have to be profitable to be a government success. All it has to do is create a shit load of votes.

Human induced global warming is junk science at its worst.

This type of junk science is nothing new. When I was a geology major here in California, the big scare was "ozone depletion". You know, that thin spot in the ozone layer over the earth's south pole. This thin spot was attributed to cold air originally, and being that the sun produces ozone, it sounds pretty logical that it would be thinner in the south pole (coldest place on earth). But, some screwy scientist decided that CFCs, your hair spray and air conditioner were causing a hole in the ozone. I remember asking my professor; "if CFCs are causing a hole in the ozone layer, then why is the hole over the south pole. Why wouldn't holes be over Los Angeles, Calcutta, Beijing, and Taiwan? Are the penguins using hair spray and driving SUVs?" He could not give me an answer. We spent billions getting rid of R-12, only to find out that it was not doing any harm. The colder the earth is - the more ozone depletion we experience. Its funny to see how a volcanic eruptions has more profound effects than any other recorded stimuli. We are not driving the environment, the environment is driving us.

Here in California, we have a crazy scientist that leads research for the California Air Resources Board (CARB). We now are going to have comply with potentially devastating laws that will make most diesel engines illegal in California, because this crackpot scientist presented a report to the state saying that diesel fuel is the biggest polluter. Well, it turns out that this scientist is not a scientist at all. He lied on his application about his education and many CREDIBLE scientist are saying that his findings are false. Still, after knowing all of this, he still holds his position at CARB and his diesel laws are still going into effect. These loony enviro-nazis have totally lost it! The truth no longer matters, as long as industry is hurt and more fees and fines can be collected.

When you look at what they're saying through the lens of science and reality, you're right - it's Twilight Zone shit. Put them in a rubber room.

However, when you remove the science and reality components and look at it through the lenses of "emotion" and "guilt," it makes perfect sense.

When ideas are created and controlled through the chaos of peoples' emotions, and a dump truck load of guilt is added to the mix, anything can make sense.

You're exactly right, "The truth no longer matters, as long as industry is hurt and more fees and fines can be collected. "

Capitalism and the free market automatically commands that things get done more efficiently.

It's when government MANDATES efficiency that shit gets outrageously expensive and the products go to hell.

CO2 is plant food and I have concentrations of it in my lungs right now. The idea that plant food is killing the planet is mindless.

It's not government's intent to get Detroit moving again. It's their intent TO CONTROL it.

The auto industry doesn't have to be profitable to be a government success. All it has to do is create a shit load of votes.

This is the part I have major problems with. I love nature, I spend as much time in it as I can, I never litter and I am all for people trying to keep this land grand. That being said, even if we were causing global warming, which I don't believe we are, the solution is not for mama gov. to step in and get their grubby hands all over everything and start controlling the way we live and taxing the shit out of us and handing sovereignty over to the U.N. and on and on to stop it.

Global warming is theoretically supposed to cause temperature extremes, therefore there is no logic in saying, "The winter was especially cold, thus global warming is bullshit."

The fact is I'm not a meteorologist, nor a scientist, nor I do not have a scientific background; so my knowledge of and opinion on the subject is EXTREMELY limited; limited to things I read on the internet about the ongoing debate. If you don't fall into one of those scientific categories, your opinions about global warming are pretty much worthless, as are mine. Next time I talk to a meteorologist, I'll ask him what he thinks, that should be Sunday at the latest.

Further, Phyllis Schlafly is not a scientist, she's a political activist, who else is a political activist, your friend and mine Michael Moore. Of course Schlafly is conservative, so she must be right; unless your a liberal then Moore is definitely right.. er left.. er whatever. I believe most political activists' opinions on things only a bit more than I believe lobbyists.

The fact is that industrial companies in the States and rest of the world are STILL using our planet as a fucking toilet, perhaps it is time to stop sweating the small stuff about the global warming debate and consider that. Maybe the global warming debate is just there to keep us distracted from that fact; keep people arguing about stupid stuff and they'll never come up with any solution at all. The people who want to stop global warming are into being green and stopping global industrial pollution, so why worry about it? If those people are being misled, oh well, at least they're trying to reduce pollution... we do need this planet to live on after all.

Edited by vbrtrmn
The fact is that industrial companies in the States and rest of the world are STILL using our planet as a fucking toilet, perhaps it is time to stop sweating the small stuff about the global warming debate and consider that. Maybe the global warming debate is just there to keep us distracted from that fact; keep people arguing about stupid stuff and they'll never come up with any solution at all. The people who want to stop global warming are into being green and stopping global industrial pollution, so why worry about it? If those people are being misled, oh well, at least they're trying to reduce pollution... we do need this planet to live on after all.

This was my basic point. Thanks for illustrating more clearly than I could.

And I was never sticking up for Detriot. I think it's a massive shit sandwich that we are all being forced to take a bite of, smile, then ask for seconds.

I think regulations and laws come from idiots. They have to try to protect these people from themselves and from suing the bejesus out of everyone around them. Look at McDonald's. I don't think they ever intended for that woman to hold her coffee in her groin area.

The fact is that industrial companies in the States and rest of the world are STILL using our planet as a fucking toilet,

Stop for a second and think about it.

The USA is one of the CLEANEST countries on the planet. With wealth comes cleanliness, not filth.

If you want to see filth, check out Mexico and Russia.

Filth doesn't come with industry. It comes with poverty.

I subscribe to this...

We have tracked solar activity for 400 years or so, and we have followed the temperature and weather in ciorrelation to sun activity...

Now I had two charts, guess what, when there was a lot of sun activity, the earth was hotter than usual, and right now we're sitting at solar minimum with nothing to report for solar activity and guess what, it COLD...

Now doesn't it make more sense that since we're not being blasted by that big fucking nuclear fusion reactor in the sky aka the sun, that the earth is colder ATM?

The dinosaurs all drove SUV's and used styrofoam cups... that is why the meteor hit because Earth Mother was mad at the Dinosaurs for not worshipping her by raising taxes on energy, transportation and fuel.

Now the dinosaurs are the oil we fuel our SUV's and derive styrofoam from. Earth Mother is going to make an example out of us too!

OBEY THE EARTH MOTHER! But don't worship God or subscribe to a religion because they are all stupid and fake & based on unprovable ideas!

MD Willington, That't the point I tried to make about Mars temps related to ours. :super: If you do not fallow the man made reason, you do not get the Gov. funds or get fired. :cryss: There are numerous examples of this happening. Pollution is a whole other topic, yet scared people or public school indoctrinated children are easier to regulate/control. :rolleyes: It's also how amazing that it's America's fault, and the countries that ignore and pollute the most are given a pass. :dollar: We have cleanup and are regulated, while just south of our border almost anything goes. :smoke:

Stop for a second and think about it.

The USA is one of the CLEANEST countries on the planet. With wealth comes cleanliness, not filth.

If you want to see filth, check out Mexico and Russia.

Filth doesn't come with industry. It comes with poverty.

I do think about that. One interesting thing I've seen reading your posts is that I agree with about half of what you say. I think if we met in "real life" we'd either be friends or enemies, which is kind of weird, heh.

The USA is one of the cleanest places, but we still have companies which shit in our rivers, lakes and streams; just so they can save some money. Ever heard of DuPont?!? Do some research on those fuckers... if you haven't already.

It is true that Mexico and Russia and India and many other places do have more issues than the USA; I'd never argue against that fact. Unfortunately, the previous administration pretty much refused any international treaty to try to solve the pollution problem. Is our country the cleanest in the world? No. Should our government regulate big business per pollution controls? Fuck yeah! I'm one for govies keeping out of my personal life and allowing people to be responsible for themselves, but for stuff which will and does cause problems on a local, national AND global scale, I believe there should be extremely strict laws, which hold the people which run these companies responsible. You created a product which caused enough pollution to give 10,000 people cancer? You get a death sentence after spending ten years in federal-rape-you-in-the-ass prison.

I agree with about half of what you say.

That's quite a bit more than some others around here.

Half? I'll take it.

I think if we met in "real life" we'd either be friends or enemies, which is kind of weird, heh.

I don't think I have a single personal enemy.

There are quite a few people I consider to be enemies of America, but they're not personal enemies of mine.

The USA is one of the cleanest places, but we still have companies which shit in our rivers, lakes and streams; just so they can save some money. Ever heard of DuPont?!? Do some research on those fuckers... if you haven't already.

Fine, sue 'em. We already have plenty of laws. By and large, I see America as a country that respects our own back yard. Sure, there are people who litter and some companies are willing to shit in their own back yard.

Some fucking moron left two 55 gallon drums of used oil on the doorstep of one of my properties once. I had to pay to have it hauled off and disposed of, but I am incredibly grateful that they didn't just dump the oil ON MY DOOR STEP and leave with their drums.

It is true that Mexico and Russia and India and many other places do have more issues than the USA; I'd never argue against that fact. Unfortunately, the previous administration pretty much refused any international treaty to try to solve the pollution problem.

I wouldn't hold that against Bush. International treaties don't count for much. The only thing an international treaty does is restrict US because we're the only ones who abide by our written word. I'd be just as happy if we never signed another international treaty again - on any issue.

Is our country the cleanest in the world? No.

We're the most productive country in the world. We do more manufacturing and create more wealth than any other country. Considering how much we produce and how much we've improved the quality of life throughout the world, we're doing pretty damn good.

Most of the really filthy countries don't produce shit! I give us a big break. We police ourselves pretty damn well.

Should our government regulate big business per pollution controls? Fuck yeah! I'm one for govies keeping out of my personal life and allowing people to be responsible for themselves, but for stuff which will and does cause problems on a local, national AND global scale, I believe there should be extremely strict laws, which hold the people which run these companies responsible. You created a product which caused enough pollution to give 10,000 people cancer? You get a death sentence after spending ten years in federal-rape-you-in-the-ass prison.

We already have laws that do all that.

The only ones who REALLY make out are the lawyers.