What is your backup to the S12?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to mention to specify caliber/platform. (just to see what the thought processes are out there for a non-shotty HD platform)

For my .02

I went to my AR in 6.5 Grendel (under the proverbial bed) for 5 weeks til I got my S12 back.

Edited by 690gr

/me walks over to the safe and looks over a few pistols, a couple of ARs and a small host of other more traditional rifles/carbines.

My SA XD9 is always loaded and available, and one AR is sitting out with loaded mags at hand.

I guess it actually depends on what room I,m in or what floor I,m on. Various weapon safes located throught the house. I like to keep my options open. However my 45xd is usually close by. ( Not the blown up one )

Edited by scarey

A pair of homebuilt AKs and a pair of Glocks and two sets of body armor, for my Gal and I. We know our house and have rehearsed tactics for solo and as a pair.

My Wasr-2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmQK360y9QI

No I'm not the pudgy kid shooting.

Ok...now that is HD! :bad_smile:

K… I'm a bit intrigued, Not to highjack this thread but what's up with the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcnwGpLZnL0 That looks like a hell of a product. Any links on it?

Edited by Thunderchild
Here's the scenario , you have a S12 thats out for warranty work/PG conversion. You now are in need of a backup weapon for home defense. What is your goto gun now assuming the S12 was the primary?

post-18302-1242003466_thumb.jpg

I am now in fact in that exact situation. My backup is my Glock 30, (sub-compact .45 ACP, 10 round mag, loaded with hollowpoints, of course). Imo, the .45 ACP is the perfect pistol round.

Here's the scenario , you have a S12 thats out for warranty work/PG conversion. You now are in need of a backup weapon for home defense. What is your goto gun now assuming the S12 was the primary?

I am now in fact in that exact situation. My backup is my Glock 30, (sub-compact .45 ACP, 10 round mag, loaded with hollowpoints, of course). Imo, the .45 ACP is the perfect pistol round.

Just a quick tally for those joining us... AK (assuming in 7.62 x 39) and .45 ACP pistols are the most common solutions.

K… I'm a bit intrigued, Not to highjack this thread but what's up with the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcnwGpLZnL0 That looks like a hell of a product. Any links on it?

Ahh its one of mine... I kind got worried of selling it, seemed like something I could get sued for.

I have a few that I mess around with.

It lets the gun move back and forth while the stock and Pistol grip stay still. You hold your trigger finger still and push forward with your supporting hand and it bumpfires.

Simple yet fairly effective.

Edited by csspecs

Glock 30 also and my Glock 21. Worst case scenario, the Wiselite AK pistol.

Mossberg 500 12 ga w/ 18 inch bbl and Knoxx Copstock top folding wire stock loaded with #00 buck shells

Mossberg500R.jpg

Its a closet queen these days, the S12 gets all of the glory :)

Edited by waltham_41

I have my AK47 at close hand with a full clip then i would reach for my Glock 29 10mm with a 15 round mag full of double tap loads...Then my Ruger Alaskan 2inch snubby using 454 casual loads..Then prob my sig Mauser .45..But im sure before the second weapon is ready..the bad guy should be dead..I dont think i have them in order on youtube..but you can take a look..Oh and dont mind the feet..it was late at night when i made this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBDAIV0XF2E

That would be this guy. He's actually before the S-12, just like in the photo. ;)

I guess if the S-12 was "in the shop"...and Max was busy with the other perp, it would be the other S-12 nearby, or the Glock....or the chainsaw...lol...

post-1293-1242019708_thumb.jpg

If my S12 is out of commission, then i'll use my other S12, if that one's down, my S-x39, if that one's down, my S-308v21, if that one's down my S-30.06, if that's down, my Colt Mustang .380... if that's also down... uh.... Why the fuck would all those be down at the same time!?

Fuck that. My S12 is never down.

hmmmmm......no saiga 12 prob my next favorite firearm mac 11 9mm or desert eagle full size 9 all polished silver both with 32 rd mags :killer: ak, ar, other 12 gauges and other rifles put up in gun cases id be reaching for the closest and compact weapons off hand