Police: Man said 30,000 bullets were for target practice

I don't totally understand this. Is there a limit on the amount of ammunition you can legally own?

http://www.eagletribune.com/punewshh/local...eyword=topstory

I believe at some point the fire code comes into play but I thought that was more like 100k rds. Regardless, it would be nice if the article said what the charges are, instead of just reporting it in a "isn't-this-a-very-bad-thing" tone.

I don't totally understand this. Is there a limit on the amount of ammunition you can legally own?

I believe this is in MA, correct? I don't know the laws, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Also, the article says he ran some sort of shipping company (and worked in a bakery), so I'm guessing they're going to say he was trying to ship the stuff back to the Dominican Republic. Definitely getting a raw deal, nonetheless. The bail is also excessive.

I believe at some point the fire code comes into play but I thought that was more like 100k rds. Regardless, it would be nice if the article said what the charges are, instead of just reporting it in a "isn't-this-a-very-bad-thing" tone.

Garcia is charged with three counts of possession of a high-capacity firearm, illegal possession of ammunition and illegal storage of a firearm.

WTF? Possession of a high capacity firearm? Fuck Massachusetts.

I can't wait til Cali and Mass both get bailed out by the Fed thus our tax dollars will support all this liberal garbage they've come up with over the years. This sounds like false arrest to me, but who knows what kind of libtard laws they have there. 30k sure doesn't seem like a lot either, yet the one idiot just had to comment

"That is hard to believe, the prosecutor at Garcia's arraignment said, because if he were to fire a gun for eight hours a day, it would take weeks for him to use all of it."

Weeks, ummm that's not a long time. Next thing we know it'll be illegal to buy large amounts of food up there. You never know, having a few hundred rolls of toilet paper has to be a fire hazard right.

I figured that I would need to have almost 2,000,000 rounds of ammo to constitute a "Lifetime Supply" of ammunition at my preferred rate of consumption.

I wonder what these rope suckers would think of a 12 Kalashnikovs,6 Glocks, and 800 high capacity magazines to go along with that 2,000,000 rounds?

I figured that I would need to have almost 2,000,000 rounds of ammo to constitute a "Lifetime Supply" of ammunition at my preferred rate of consumption.

I wonder what these rope suckers would think of a 12 Kalashnikovs,6 Glocks, and 800 high capacity magazines to go along with that 2,000,000 rounds?

Showoff. :haha:

Not really, I figure it is a hypothetical. At 5 cents a round that would amount to $100,000.00. I don't remember ammo costing 5 cents a round prior to obammy unless you're talking about .22 rimfire which was about 2 cents a round. I certainly don't need 2 million rounds of .22. .45acp at $10 per box of fifty is more realistic and that would be 20 cents per round or $400,000.00 for the required 2 million rounds. Surely even SOPMOD din't spend 400 grand on ammo. :) Thus I say it must be hypothetical.

Just more proof of the tyranny we live under, with alot more coming soon! And yes, I'm sure too much food will be a crime soon also. They're passing so many laws, pretty soon no one will be able to do anything without breaking some

law or statute somewhere. How about breathing, if you breath too much we'll have to tax you or arrest you.

...How about breathing, if you breath too much we'll have to tax you or arrest you.

Of course! Haven't you heard? Every time you breathe out you're drowning polar bears.

Yeah, we exhale carbon dioxide, that will be a carbon tax! Hello to a fellow Coloradian, post-apocalyptic

How about breathing, if you breath too much we'll have to tax you or arrest you.

You'll be taxed for over-breathing because of all the greenhouse gases you emit. All new clothing will come with sensors to determine how much you fart during the day so that you can be taxed appropriately.

Don't complain guys, it's to save the planet. Besides, if you complain too much you'll use up your breathing allowance.

Not really, I figure it is a hypothetical. At 5 cents a round that would amount to $100,000.00. I don't remember ammo costing 5 cents a round prior to obammy unless you're talking about .22 rimfire which was about 2 cents a round. I certainly don't need 2 million rounds of .22. .45acp at $10 per box of fifty is more realistic and that would be 20 cents per round or $400,000.00 for the required 2 million rounds. Surely even SOPMOD din't spend 400 grand on ammo. :) Thus I say it must be hypothetical.

It's not so much hypothetical as it is a set of attainable goals ;)

I started my ammo hoarding when Norinco Steel Core was $89 per case and you could still buy the bulk paper buckets of surplus 3006 for right about $.05 per round but I am about 1.8 Million rounds shy of my goal of 2,000,000 rounds though :(

I'll keep on trying but it's kind of like being a drug dealer who gets hooked on his own junk.I keep buying and then I justify going out and blowing off 500rds here and there so I never get to the level that would make me really satisfied :D

Shit good thing they never came to any of our houses when we still had evil guns and ammo. They might have added assault charges for passing out at what we used to own. That is till after that awful boating accident where most of us lost our guns. :smoke:

That is till after that awful boating accident where most of us lost our guns.

Yeah ya dumb fuck!!! Next time watch where the fuck you are driving your boat!!! You almost KILLED ME and cost me all of my firearms I was transporting to my other home on the lake!!!

BASTAGE!!!!!

:smoke:

That's the game now. Laws and regulations about everything and they're changing constantly. No matter what you do, you're violating some law; and that's the way they want it. Because, if they don't like you for some reason, they can find a violation and drag you in. Plus, it keeps people off balance and unsure of themselves as they have no idea whether they're law abiding citizens or not.

What I'm wondering is, where are the lawyers? They've been speaking up for the rights of women, criminals, drug dealers, minorities, demented artists, spotted owls, you name it and saying that the Constitution would be worthless if these groups were denied about any "right" they care to claim. Where are these guys now? The govenment is hell-bent on taking away our money and our freedoms and turning us into serfs. Now that we need them, they're afraid to utter a peep. So much for defending the Constitution.

well,laws are left up to interpretiation by the ATF or any other agency, and Mass is a horrible state for any gun owner. The guy probably had a big mouth and shot it off something like "The police can't even get any ammo, but i got 30k sitting in my garage." Yea, is he really breaking a law? probably in mass he is, but in the real world no....I guess we all just gotta be careful about what we do and say around anyone anymore... :unhappy:

That's the game now. Laws and regulations about everything and they're changing constantly. No matter what you do, you're violating some law; and that's the way they want it. Because, if they don't like you for some reason, they can find a violation and drag you in. Plus, it keeps people off balance and unsure of themselves as they have no idea whether they're law abiding citizens or not.

What I'm wondering is, where are the lawyers? They've been speaking up for the rights of women, criminals, drug dealers, minorities, demented artists, spotted owls, you name it and saying that the Constitution would be worthless if these groups were denied about any "right" they care to claim. Where are these guys now? The govenment is hell-bent on taking away our money and our freedoms and turning us into serfs. Now that we need them, they're afraid to utter a peep. So much for defending the Constitution.

Hell yes that's the way they want it! You forgot the very most important thing - if you break the law, you aren't fit to own a weapon! That is going to be the easiest way to disarm people, get you to break a law you didn't even know existed in the first place and SHAZAM! they get to take your guns away. Nice and legal (to them) and tidy. Case in point was my USAS-12. I bought it before it was banned. They were supposed to send a letter out to everybody that owned one to tell them that it was grandfathered and you would not need to pay the DD tax if you bought one before the ban. The only way I found out about it was I just happened to be read the NRA's American Rifleman magazine that had an article about it just before the "grace period" expired. Ignorance is no excuse for not knowing the law. Ha.

...How about breathing, if you breath too much we'll have to tax you or arrest you.

Of course! Haven't you heard? Every time you breathe out you're drowning polar bears.

Breathing could be a violation of interstate commerce act. I think that is the angle they are using trying to tax cows for belching and farting greenhouse gases. Maybe inhaling would be legal but exhaling C02 not?

That is till after that awful boating accident where most of us lost our guns.

Yeah ya dumb fuck!!! Next time watch where the fuck you are driving your boat!!! You almost KILLED ME and cost me all of my firearms I was transporting to my other home on the lake!!!

BASTAGE!!!!!

:smoke:

uh....it wasn't my fault, an old friend dropped in from out of town, i didn't have money for the bus, my boat plug wasn't in, it was the one armed man. It wasn't my fault.......... :haha:

Hell's bells, man - I've probably got 5k rounds just sitting around the bottom of my closet. Or I used to, until the damn boat sank! ;)

I *wish* I had 30k rounds - especially if I would have bought it all a couple years or more ago, when it was affordable to do so... If I shot as often as I'd like, 30k rounds would last me a few years, which I don't think is an excessive amount of time.

Bottom line, they're trying to trump up some trafficking charges against this guy, and are just throwing stuff at the wall to see if they can make something stick. Sounds like they should've done a real investigation and found some real evidence of a real crime - if there WAS a crime, that is.

I bet that 29,842 of those were .22's. But it would appear they caught him smuggling ammunition with his "export" business. You all know that the UN doesn't allow that!

Edited by G O B
  • 2 weeks later...
At this point Taxachusetts is not a Constitution-friendly state, which is so sadly ironic considering the state's history.

This is true. Massachusetts was where the cry for freedom was called by Paul Revere (who is probably turning in his grave at that state's tyrannical laws). Strangely also that state has a few firearm makers like Smith & Wesson and Savage but does not allow its residents to own any of them. Even the people who make the guns if they live in TAXachussetts can't own the product they make.

The sheeple in Massachusetts are to blame when they vote for asshats like John Kerry and 'Killer' Ted Kennedy to the senate and the thief of Fannie Mae Barney Fag Frank to represent them.

G-d save us from these leftists who turned the place where the fight for liberty began to a police state. Now this Dominican immigrant will not get US citizenship along with the loss of the right to own firearms while real criminals get US citizenship and welfare.