I just wanted to get good and bad feedback from people that have actually shot the Judge.

I am thinking the .410 is mostly for snakes and critters at close range, but with the new 3" version, would you trust it as a defense load?

How's the recoil?

I've shot standard 410 shells out of one.. I didn't think the recoil was bad. I liked the grip that came on the one I shot. The fit and finish was in line with Taurus products.

For me, it's kind of a cool gun along the lines of a Desert Eagle 50AE.. They are both really neat weapons, but really not all that practical.

Does it group well?

I saw the Gunblast review which had good groups at 7 yards, but the magazine in the Chuck Hawks review showed it was pretty inaccurate. I don't want something that won't hit tin cans at 15 yards.

Edited by BuffetDestroyer

I have thought about the one chambered for 3" magnum shells. I am going to wait until my friend...who's been waiting atleast 8 months ... to get his. After I get a chance to shoot his I'll see if it's worth having. Would still be more of a "novelty" gun. Would probably only carry it out at my mom's place. Lots of snakes and barnyard pest at her farm. I held a standard 2 1/2" chambered one that had houge grips which made it feel better but have heard the stock grips are better for shooting since they absord some of the recoil better. It's a cool gun, I just can't convince myself to buy it unless I catch a crazy deal on it. It's fairly inexpensive as it is!

The gun is a hell of a thing to have for close up shooting. The 3" magnum that is offered now is the shit. Yes, 410 seems like a novelty, but in close defense shooting situations, I'd take the 3" 410 shells over the .45LC. The gun was intended for close quarters shooting or used as a belly gun, and it'll really fuck someone or something up close, but at a distance 410 is almost pointless...3" shells have some kick to them, but not as bad as I have expected. I would get one but I have other projects in the works first

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfC7htSAPeE

(second video is better, the dude fucks up that target from inside the car)

EDIT: Btw, this gun is damn near impossible to conceal....so unless your savy on getting a gun just for car jackings or to make people cringe at indoor ranges, it's a little over-the-top

Edited by Vultite

I consider it a novelty, there are so many better choices for PD. It's big and heavy for a belly gun and the buckshot only helps hit probability at ranges that it would not be very effective at. I'll keep my 1911 45 or my airweight 38 when I can't carry it.

"The .410 a novelty"???? Come on now, I have taken two deer with my .410 single. Untold ammount of gamebird's. The .410 is NOT a novelty. It IS a great little shell. AND I have shot .45's through it!

As for the judge, I do not own and have not shot one. But I think it is a tool that has it's use's. And I am interested also. Gotta remember it's a "Shotshell through a 3 in rifled barrel".

If I shot a hostile in the face with judge at 20 yard's away, with #8. Is he going to laugh at me? NO.

How bout Some #4 to the gut at 25 yard's? Would I miss? LOL! 3 inch barrel......

I would like to have one.

And how's the tax stamp on a sbsp nowadays?

Edited by Sly
"The .410 a novelty"???? Come on now, I have taken two deer with my .410 single. Untold ammount of gamebird's. The .410 is NOT a novelty. It IS a great little shell. AND I have shot .45's through it!

I didn't mean the .410 itself is a novelty, it has its use in a full length shotgun. You gonna take the judge deer hunting?

:rolleyes:

As for the judge, I do not own and have not shot one. But I think it is a tool that has it's use's. And I am interested also. Gotta remember it's a "Shotshell through a 3 in rifled barrel".

If I shot a hostile in the face with judge at 20 yard's away, with #8. Is he going to laugh at me? NO.

How many number 8 shot do you think you can hit his face with at 20 yds with a 3 inch rifled barrel? Willing to risk your life he can't shoot back with his weapon? :haha:

How bout Some #4 to the gut at 25 yard's? Would I miss? LOL! 3 inch barrel......

See above comment.

I would like to have one.

And how's the tax stamp on a sbsp nowadays?

The Judge does have a niche. It is a great tractor gun. Not to big to holster (leave one chamber empty), great for rodents #4 shot 15-20 ft.

Why leave a chamber empty? How about a 44 mag for the same niche, or a 44 Bulldog?

I would get the judge for a desert walking gun. That way I wouldn't have to pay over a buck a round for snake killers.

The 45 LC is about on par with the 45 ACP as far as knock down power, which is good enough for Nevada critters. I would not use it as a self defense gun without thorough testing for accuracy and penetration.

It would be more of a novelty for me and something different to play with at the range. Box O Truth tested the .410 penetration in the Judge and it sucked. However he blasted sporting clays thrown with his left hand and said it was a blast!

I am more interested in the .45 LC accuracy because I can reload with lead bullets cheap!

I thought about getting one for a hot minute, then realized that I really have no use for it and at a the $550-$650 price point there are a lot more useful things out there. I was further turned off after reading the Box O' Truth article BuffetDestroyer mentioned.

The Box O' Truth #41 - The Taurus Judge Vs. The Box O' Truth

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

For $550 I can pick-up a nice used pump 12-gauge and one of those $99 Cobray Derringers in 410 / 45 LC to fuck around with.

The Judge does have a niche. It is a great tractor gun. Not to big to holster (leave one chamber empty), great for rodents #4 shot 15-20 ft.

Why leave a chamber empty? How about a 44 mag for the same niche, or a 44 Bulldog?

I leave a chamber open to rest the hammer on. There is no decocker on the Judge, and I won't carry cocked and locked on the tractor. If I had a 44 mag or 44 Bulldog, I would not be shooting shotshells through it.

I've asked the guys at my favorite gun shop and they seem to agree that it is a good snake gun. We do have our share of rattlers here in Montana. Me personally, I just load my own shot shells for my .44 mag. that seems to be good for snakrs and grouse. So I would have to agree that the concept of this pistol is a novelty. I'm not questioning the value of the .410 as a cartridge, just the configuration of this pistol. So I did not buy one.

I leave a chamber open to rest the hammer on. There is no decocker on the Judge, and I won't carry cocked and locked on the tractor. If I had a 44 mag or 44 Bulldog, I would not be shooting shotshells through it.

It ain't no single action cowboy gun pardner. It's a modern safe revolver with a transfer bar on it. Load all five rounds up on that puppy, you'll be safe.