russian 8 rounders

reasonable price

Last time I saw them on sale they were $150 per. Now, I know they're the best of the best and hard to find and especially to import but... thats a lot of money for an 8 round mag. I suppose if I had a bit more in the bank I could find it a bit more reasonable.

Edited by gkcf

Put your order in at rusmilitary.com. They will arrive within 6 months.

It is interesting to me that the Russians haven't figured out how to take advantage of this. Instead they dribble a few magazines to rusmilitary in UK.

Or, I don't know what I'm talking about and rusmilitary smuggles the magazines into UK.

It took me a couple of years to acquire the ones I have.

Does anyone know where I can get some russian 8 round mags. I looked every where on the net and every site I came across were sold out!! Can some one help me out or does anyone have any they are willing to part with at a reasonable price. Thanks

It depends on what amount you consider reasonable. Here in the U.S. the current going rate for an Izhmash factory 8 rounder is in the $120-$150 range. The only place where I have seen them less expesnive is at One Source Tactical, who when they have them in stock ( http://www.onesourcetactical.com/index.asp...amp;ProdID=1677 ) have Izhmash factory 8 rounders cheaper (three for $300) than anywhere else I have seen in years. Problem is they sell out so quickly anytime they get any of these mags in that they almost never have any in stock. I think they have a waitlist you can get on though. Other than them and Rusmilitary the only other thing is to periodically check the auction sights or the for sale sections on web forums that deal in AK or Saiga parts and accessories.

Does anyone know where I can get some russian 8 round mags. I looked every where on the net and every site I came across were sold out!! Can some one help me out or does anyone have any they are willing to part with at a reasonable price. Thanks

It depends on what amount you consider reasonable. Here in the U.S. the current going rate for an Izhmash factory 8 rounder is in the $120-$150 range. The only place where I have seen them less expesnive is at One Source Tactical, who when they have them in stock ( http://www.onesourcetactical.com/index.asp...amp;ProdID=1677 ) have Izhmash factory 8 rounders cheaper (three for $300) than anywhere else I have seen in years. Problem is they sell out so quickly anytime they get any of these mags in that they almost never have any in stock. I think they have a waitlist you can get on though. Other than them and Rusmilitary the only other thing is to periodically check the auction sights or the for sale sections on web forums that deal in AK or Saiga parts and accessories.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=57375

The ones I had coming were sent back by our wonderful government to make sure we are all safe. Seeing how they operate I think we'd all be better off in grave danger. Anyway...don't wait for me guys. I'd love to say they are coming, but I am out several hundred $$$ and have no idea where the magazines are now.

Sadly, I don't think OST will be able to fill those orders any time soon. The folks who ordered have not had their cards charged. If you can find 'em elsewhere, do so. In the meatime, the ONLY magazine I think is worth having other than the Izhmash 8 rounder is the Izhmash 5 rounder.

:( that sucks for Gabe. Also sucks for those on that list.

I tried emailing rusmilitary.com a few months ago about placing an order but never heard anything back. Anyone actually get an order for these mags fulfilled by them?

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=57375
The ones I had coming were sent back by our wonderful government to make sure we are all safe. Seeing how they operate I think we'd all be better off in grave danger. Anyway...don't wait for me guys. I'd love to say they are coming, but I am out several hundred $$$ and have no idea where the magazines are now.

Sadly, I don't think OST will be able to fill those orders any time soon. The folks who ordered have not had their cards charged. If you can find 'em elsewhere, do so. In the meatime, the ONLY magazine I think is worth having other than the Izhmash 8 rounder is the Izhmash 5 rounder.

:( that sucks for Gabe. Also sucks for those on that list.

Nuts, so it looks like Rusmilitary is once again the only semi-regular source for the Izhmash 8 rounders.

I tried emailing rusmilitary.com a few months ago about placing an order but never heard anything back. Anyone actually get an order for these mags fulfilled by them?

Rusmilitary is very reliable. I have ordered multiple times from them in the past, and as long as it was something they had in stock my order was always delivered within a month or less. My last order with them from earlier this year was held up in customs for a couple of weeks, but of course customs delays are not something Rusmilitary or any other shipper has any control of. Rusmilitary had 8 rounders in stock a few weeks ago, but they are out again. If you want to order something from Rusmilitary that is currently listed as being out of stock on their website, there are two ways to go about it. The first is you just place an order like normal through their website for the out of stock item, and they will then ship it whenever they have that item back in stock. These days they seem to get the Saiga 12 Izhmash factory 8 rounders back in stock at least every 4 months or so. Alternatively you can just keep checking their website periodically and order the items once it is listed as being back in stock.

Just ordered a couple more magwell 8 rder's from Gun City. They are letting me have them for $107 each shipped.

I have been and continue to be very pleased with the service of Gun City.

Edited by red_cedar

What about customs? It's for personal consumption, so send them through the mail and keep it under $200 to avoid duty. No extra paperwork required.

https://help.cbp.gov/cgi-bin/customs.cfg/ph...amp;p_topview=1

If importing for commercial purposes, however, you'd need to have a 4587 on file with the ATF, plus a form 6 for each shipment.

What about customs? It's for personal consumption, so send them through the mail and keep it under $200 to avoid duty. No extra paperwork required.

If importing for commercial purposes, however, you'd need to have a 4587 on file with the ATF, plus a form 6 for each shipment.

So no more than 1 mag per order, multiple mag orders would start to add up in shipping I suppose but at the lower per mag cost it evens out in the end to just under $150.00. Gun City sounds interesting also, I would suppose the same import rules apply ?

Edited by gmorgan

So no more than 1 mag per order, multiple mag orders would start to add up in shipping I suppose but at the lower per mag cost it evens out in the end to just under $150.00. Gun City sounds interesting also, I would suppose the same import rules apply ?

I haven't ordered from Gun City before, but I am sure they know how to handle shipping (including dealing with customs requirements) to the U.S. just like Rusmilitary does, and if you ordered multiple mags I don't see why they would need to ship the mags individually. I would just contact Gun City and ask them how they handle shipping quantities greater than one.

Edited by Frogfoot
Anyone else have any more ideas.

One source=sold out.

Russmilitary=sold out.

Gun city=sold out.

All you can do is be patient. I don't know about One Source Tacitcal since Gabe Suarez himself doesn't know if he will ever be able to get more in, but Rusmilitary and Gun City will definitely get them back in stock eventually (though it might take up to several months). If you absolutely can't wait and no russian 8 rounders show up anywhere else in the meantime (like in the for sale section here or on any auction sites), the only other possible alternative is to 'frankenmag' a couple of russian 5 rounders together. People don't do this much (if at all) any more, but it was done by some back in the old days before there were any U.S. made magazines around. If this is something you are interested in but aren't sure you can pull off yourself, check with Shannon. I know he made a few frankenmags back in those old days, and he may still offer it as a service.