Ha! I went to the site and saw that they claimed that it had a "Genuine Russian Dragunov stock set!" So, guess that the Russians are no longer mounting the pistol grip to the receiver and just hanging it on the stock! :lol:

What is even funnier is that some moron has already bought that piece of crap!

Well that does it. I need to paint my saiga a golden color and then clearcoat it for shinyness!

Better yet: get a few bottles of Heavy Metal polish, a Dremel, several dozen polishing wheels and set aside a few weeks worth of man-hours. Then you'll have a mirrored Saiga!

Genius!

Well that does it. I need to paint my saiga a golden color and then clearcoat it for shinyness!

Better yet: get a few bottles of Heavy Metal polish, a Dremel, several dozen polishing wheels and set aside a few weeks worth of man-hours. Then you'll have a mirrored Saiga!

Genius!

Wouldn't it be easier to media blast it and hard chrome it?

I didn't think that the guys down in NZ could do the restoration work on their guns.

We can and do. The powers that be are in the process of making it harder but we will still get to play with our toys.

That plated saiga sure has done the rounds on the interweby now

All that money in gold plate, and they still did not do a proper pistol grip restoration! :booo:

+1

That's the first thing that came to my mind.

That, followed by, "Damn, gold guns are (IMO) gaudy . . ." But it would look a little better if properly restored.

• Like 1

I really dislike gold. I prefer silver. Silver-plating the thing would be awesome, but would be susceptible to tarnishing. Then again, some people like that look.

I really like ornate patters done in black+gold. This critter was pretty cool in my opinion... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=34391

I really dislike gold. I prefer silver. Silver-plating the thing would be awesome, but would be susceptible to tarnishing. Then again, some people like that look.

I really like ornate patters done in black+gold. This critter was pretty cool in my opinion... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=34391

Sweet piece, but a shame it will never be shot for fear of marring it somehow.

If you like silver...

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&...mp;oq=&aqi=

Hey guys I was lookin around and found some random site, guncity.com from New Zealand, and stumbled upon the holy grail of all saigas.

Behold the Golden Saiga!

post-18724-1249980824_thumb.jpg

http://www.guncity.co.nz/7.62x39-russain-a...xidp211431.html

The dumbasses should have used wood stocks in this case. it wouldn't look so funny. & YES, the trigger would look better up front IMO.

post-19652-1250897420_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

well, using the currency counter, I have discovered that my capitolist ass is in the wrong country......US$759.24 for a russian 75 round drum? US$227.24 for a 30 round promag? 76 bucks for a 5 round x39 mag???

what is there a "ten times what its worth" tax in NZ on magazines or something? holy cow

well, using the currency counter, I have discovered that my capitolist ass is in the wrong country......US$759.24 for a russian 75 round drum? US$227.24 for a 30 round promag? 76 bucks for a 5 round x39 mag???

what is there a "ten times what its worth" tax in NZ on magazines or something? holy cow

You cant import a centerfire mag into NZ that hold over 7 rounds,unless you give the cops a worn out one first.

No licence needed to buy a mag of any size but you cant use it unless the gun is held on an "E" licance or you really like Buba.

The upside is that it is considered rude not to have a can on your gun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 13 years later...