• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The background should be nearly as dark as the subject, otherwise the camera will adjust to the bright background and all the detail will wash out of the subject. Cardboard isn't too bad

Bright daylight is best, and watch your shadows.

Something useful. Thanks.

I always try to use white backgrounds so ya'all dont know where I take my pictures at.... :blues:

I was using cardboard but that was way to DIM and the black rifle cases are.... well black..... :unsure:

I use a WHITE towel and lay it all out and when I'm done I burn the towel so ULTRA resolution won't incriminate me later....

And ALWAYS use GLOVES to load your ammo... you never know.... :ph34r:

Quick pics I take are from my 'cell' and then I goto 2048x res for my better pics...

I do agree though about what the OP said better pics make for clearer tutorials.... IMHO..

Edited by YouWontHearItComing

I got to say threads like this crack me up...At times.. As long as no one takes shit to personally it is fun to watch people give each other hell. I dont know how everyone finds the funny ass pictures but I have seen some good stuff here. :ph34r::wub:

post-9601-1251779654_thumb.jpg

who's next

Edited by madmax4x4
I'll probably get stomped for this but I just have to get it off my chest.

PLEASE POST BETTER PICTURES OF YOUR WORK!

There is nothing I hate more then looking at a progress thread or conversion thread the the original poster includes images that are so dark or cluttered that you can't make out anything.

If you're going to take the time to take pictures please spend a minute or two fixing them so the rest of us can enjoy them.

It's always a good idea to take pictures on a neutral background, such a a white sheet or piece of cardboard.

I have a tutorial on taking good pictures that I could post if anyone is interested but it's from the early 2000s so some of the info might be outdated.

No one needs crappy grainy out of focus pic's for example

post-9601-1251779919.jpg

:haha:

wow. touchy subject. who would have known.

I don't see how it could be about the subject. If you read the original post its not all that unreasonable. How many of us have had to squint or adjust our screens to try to see some detail in a photo. Its not a crime to take a hard to see photo, I'm probably the worst offender, but I wouldn't mind knowing how to do it better. I think there is just bad blood between folks and it doesn't really matter what the subject is.

Don't you think a new camera is "worth" the money? :rolleyes:

Here we go again.....

Yeah I should get a new one, but I have been saving for some 5.45 stuff and a $200 camera toy would take a big dent out of my funds. Im actually only +/- $300 away from getting the SGL-31 and some ammo. I mean I am trying to simultaneously go to school, work to pay off school, raise my son and prepare for the apocalypse... a new camera is not in the cards. :smoke:

You have got to be the biggest fuck-tard I have ever had the displeasure of knowing from an online forum.

I must have told you 10 times that the postage thread had NOTHING to do with you, yet here you are fucking that dead horse up the ass.

Why do YOU take everything so personally?

You posted your 5' 6", that explains everything.

Little Man Syndrome and a gun fetish, what a pathetic combination

PLUS ONE MILLION!!

This whiney bitch bobo will stop at almost nothing to show his idiocy here!

Dude if ya don't like my pictures (EDIT HERE just to clarify that this whiner is actually talking about me directly here...check the bullpup threads where he's posted at least a couple more times saying the same thing...which I didn't waste my time answering...), with all "the shop clutter", Metal posters, extra parts, beers, or wtf ever may be laying around at the time, then take em and photoshop the damn clutter out of the background!!!! Oh wait.....that's kinda difficult if you don't have a plain jane ass white background now isn't it.....?? Hmmmmm....YA THINK? You're such a deuche!

I would like it make it perfectly clear to you that I do not want any of your particular business, Mr Perfect. My products and services sell themselves. I don't need your approval and I don't need to go out of my way to post pristine photos for you or any other whiners. Get that through your thick skull. You wouldn't want to buy anything from me anyway remember? You don't agree with my shipping practices!

Big Sal.

If you want to pay the shipping for a used Olympus D-450 I will give it to you. It been through hell but still takes good pictures.

There is nothing I hate more then looking at a progress thread or conversion thread the the original poster includes images that are so dark or cluttered that you can't make out anything.

If you're going to take the time to take pictures please spend a minute or two fixing them so the rest of us can enjoy them.

It's always a good idea to take pictures on a neutral background, such a a white sheet or piece of cardboard.

I have a tutorial on taking good pictures that I could post if anyone is interested but it's from the early 2000s so some of the info might be outdated.

I only have my cell phone to take pictures with. Sorry if it doesn't meet your standards. I invite you to mail me a new camera at your earliest convince. Also I hate you.

Here is an abeviated version of my tutorial that used to be posted on my prop web site

DIGITAL PICTURES

Let me start by saying that I am not a photographer nor have I ever had any formal photograpy training.

A lot of you ask me how I get such good pictures of my props for my web site.

Here are some methods that I use to get good pictures.

*******************DISCLAIMER*******************

Use this tutorial at your own risk. I can not be held responsible for any damage or injury sustained from the improper use of tools or procedures that are outlined below.

******************DISCLAIMER*******************

THE BASICS

1. Buy a good digital camera. I use an Olympus D-450. I splurged and bought a macro lens set, rechargeable batteries, a tri pod and Flash Path floppy adapter for reading the smart media.

2. Shoot against a white back drop. Here is my set up. I pull the sheet tight with clamps.

3. Use white light to get rid of shadows. As you can see in the picture above I have 1 light pointing behind the blaster. This eliminates the shadows that the front lights create.

4. Use SHQ to get a prep shot. This is a smaller file size. Once you have the right picture with the correct lighting do tip 5

5. Use TIFF format for the final shot. Large file but very detailed and easier to edit.

6. Use the time delay if you have it. Even a slight shake will blur the photo. By using the time delay the camera will have time to settle before it takes the picture.

7. Move the front lighting during the time delay. I have found that even a slight variation of your lights will change the picture. During the time delay you will be able to manipulate the lights to get the optimal picture.

post-19535-1251787539.jpg

EDITING TIPS

I use Adobe PhotoShop Deluxe.

1. Edit the photo in its original size. Don't reduce it until you have it looking good when it is big.

2. Cut the object out of the background with white lines. It may be tempting to use a fill tool but this will give you fuzzy edges.

3. Eliminate the entire background with pure white. I cut and paste a white block from Corel Draw to use as my back ground color. This ensures that it is not tinted an off white color. Then I make sure that I eliminate all of the back ground with this color. You can use a line that is 100 pica wide to get rid of most of it, then use the brush for the small areas.

4. Reduce the photo to a manageable size.

5. Rotate the picture a few degrees back and forth to blend lines. Sometimes the picture will look edited once it is reduced. If you rotate it a few degrees and them rotate it back to the correct position it will blend the picture and make it look more natural.

6. Make sure you use the Sharpen tool if you need it.

7. Save your work constantly.

That's it, never had a class but I can take pictures all night long until it looks good.

post-19535-1251787698_thumb.jpgpost-19535-1251787943_thumb.jpg

post-19535-1251787656_thumb.jpg

Well that image of me climbing Mt Visuvius was taken with an A-6 Snappy Film Camera and didn't scan to well.

No one needs crappy grainy out of focus pic's for example

post-9601-1251779919.jpg

:haha:

Wow, that's you? You kinda look like a serial killer. Or maybe Justin Timberlake trying to look like a serial killer. I thought it was a screen shot from a movie I hadn't seen.

Big Sal.

If you want to pay the shipping for a used Olympus D-450 I will give it to you. It been through hell but still takes good pictures.

:smoke: Shit man, I was just being an asshole. You don't have to offer me a camera. I hear by reverse my hatred of you for being a good sport. :smoke:

Why can stop with only bad photos when can make post more better for enjoyment of others by using poor grammar. Much importance is to have matching quality in all aspects of work, like chain with weakest link. No sense to make many hours work to produce quality link if you have one bad one... save time and make all bad. That is chinese way!

Now everyone please to have happy day and stop making word attack on other members.

Thank you long time.

Why can stop with only bad photos when can make post more better for enjoyment of others by using poor grammar. Much importance is to have matching quality in all aspects of work, like chain with weakest link. No sense to make many hours work to produce quality link if you have one bad one... save time and make all bad. That is chinese way!

Now everyone please to have happy day and stop making word attack on other members.

Thank you long time.

:shocked:

:haha2: :haha2: :haha2: :haha2:

Listen 'little big man'....you went out of your way to piss me off in several other threads. This thread, to me has nothing to do with pictures. You should be able to wake up and see by some other posts here, that you really screwed yourself with your whiney intro to our forum, and you are not well liked. Your smartass post about me wasting bandwidth is ludicrous. I refuse to go out of my way to help anyone like you. There are far more nice people on here that do get help because they ask nicely, and don't try to bitch about everything. Why don't you find another subject to complain about, and go ahead and start it in the fight club? That's most likely where it will end up.

Thank you long time.

:haha2:

Are you freaking crazy.

This thread is only about pictures and has nothing to do with you.

I'm sure I'm not the only person that wishes people would post better pictures.

If they can't post better pictures then at least be honest in the title.

Instead of posting "Check out my new conversion" they should say "Check out my black rifle on a black couch in Dark Room" or "What do you think of this really Blurry dark image of my New Saiga"

If you're going to post pictures it obvious you want people to see your work, so why not make sure they can see it?????

But getting back to your crazy notion that this thread is about you

Get over yourself, not every thread I post is about you.

I don't even think about you in 99% of my posts, you're not on my radar in any way and to think that you are is either really arrogant, extremely self conscious or extremely paranoid.

The only reason I asked you to post a good side shot of your bullpup was so I could do an effective comparison to the other 2 kits.

But no need to do that now since I would take your kit if you gave it to me.

Besides I seriously doubt you will every delivery a kit in the first place, you seem to have a history of not finishing the things you start.

Listen 'little big man'....you went out of your way to piss me off in several other threads. This thread, to me has nothing to do with pictures. You should be able to wake up and see by some other posts here, that you really screwed yourself with your whiney intro to our forum, and you are not well liked. Your smartass post about me wasting bandwidth is ludicrous. I refuse to go out of my way to help anyone like you. There are far more nice people on here that do get help because they ask nicely, and don't try to bitch about everything. Why don't you find another subject to complain about, and go ahead and start it in the fight club? That's most likely where it will end up.

"Are you freaking crazy.

This thread is only about pictures and has nothing to do with you."

<snip>

'But getting back to your crazy notion that this thread is about you

Get over yourself, not every thread I post is about you.'

Hahahahaha! LMFAO!!! :lolol:

Yesterday, 01:31 PM

Advanced Member

pip.gifpip.gif

Group: Contributor

Member No.: 19,535

spacer.gif

I am seriously looking at Cobras kit but I didn't think it was available yet?

Cobra - Is there any way you could post a good side shot of the gun by it's self, with out the shop clutter all around it?

I'm going to head over to that thread and post some questions.

Then a few minutes later.....in a different thread...same thing....

Yesterday, 01:35 PM

Advanced Member

pip.gifpip.gif

spacer.gif

This kit just moved to the top of my list.

I have a few questions

Can you post a good side shot of just the rifle without the shop clutter around it?

Is the trigger mechanism internal or external?

Is this for a modded Gun or an un-modded gun?

Is the butt stock finalized? It looks like it will work but it also looks like it was just tacked on and not designed for this application.

And finally a little while later after you were not getting any answers....you posted this thread....

Yesterday, 02:30 PM

Advanced Member

pip.gifpip.gif

spacer.gif

Yeah you're right bobo.....only my overactive imagination you were talking about me.....yeah right.... :rolleyes: