Project "DeyArmigeddon" has Begun

Today I start my S-12's long conversion to becoming the sweetest bull pup to grace this forum.

When I am done, it will look like Kalashnikov and I conspired to create the ultimate close combat shotgun :)

MockUp3.jpg

I am starting with a 22" S-12 I bought from Gunbroker for $449 shipped

Because I can't do all the work at one time I have divided the project up into 3 phases.

Phase 1: The basic conversion in which I will add the following parts:

Tapco FCG

Tapco Plate Retainer

Tapco SAW Pistol Grip

And this Flash Hider

FlashHider2.jpg

For phase 2, I'll send the gun to Alex and have him shorten the barrel to 18.5" including the flash hider and I might have him add one of his mid barrel brakes if I think the S-12 kicks too much.

Phase 3 will be the most difficult. I have a K-var AKU-94 Bull Pup kit but I plan to replace the forward grip/trigger section of the kit with a Chaos Extended Quad Rail. I really hope the bottom section of his quad can be modified to hold a trigger and pistol grip but if it can't I can have a simple grip section machined locally.

This is a long term project but I have high expectations for it.

• Like 1

boba - I am still waiting on the chaos demo mailing to return to my house here. the last one in line said he was mailing it last monday to me. they are a MONTH over due for mailing them. I know ill get the parts back, but I just wish people would consider "timetables" and "agreements" when they say yes. Now im the one sitting here with my d$5k in my hands, looking like an idiot.

Total noob/lurker, but a g36 carry handle/optic would be sweet on that....

I did some research and agree that the G-36 handle would look better and have a lower profile

BUT

I can't find a real part, all I seam to get are air soft parts when I do a web search

MockUp4.jpg

Edited by Boba Debt
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info.

Will that 3X magnifier work with the HK-93 front sight?

I don't think so. But I don't think the AR carry handle will work with it either. The g36 optic can swap with the SL8 flat rail when BUIS are desired, but not that quickly....

I have the dual optic model, which actually has a built-in post/notch at the top for back ups, which are useless with the dual model since the red dot covers the view, so my assumption is the non-dual model allows you to view the sights on top clearly...

Edited by negev5021

I think that a Mid-Brake Comp would work just great on a bullpup, more so because the hot gasses would be using your face as an impingement point... You must be a lot tougher man then me!

Muzzle rise is not as big an issue on a bullpup as the muzzle blast exerts less leverage because of the shorter distance to the fulcrum point.

• Like 2

I think that a Mid-Brake Comp would work just great on a bullpup, more so because the hot gasses would be using your face as an impingement point... You must be a lot tougher man then me!

LOL just what I was thinking.

Some people complain about the blast from an 8" gun with a Shark Brake...I can only imagine the a mid-braked bullpup.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

If I go with the G-36 handle, my decision will be based on its usability as a "handle", the 3x scope is just a nice side effect.

I'd forget the carry handle altogether. An optic can be mounted directly to the rail, and also it has been proven that nobody uses a carry handle to carry a rifle.

• Like 1

i've shot an SL8 with the optic rail on it, identical to that one. it was difficult enough to use with the rifle, not sure why, maybe because it's tiny.

just saying... because it does has the "cool" factor. however, as far as practicality for a shotgun goes, not sure what it has.

maybe if you leave your barrel at 22" or thread it and use a paradox choke with some slugs. even then, iron sights or a red dot sight would work just as good.

just more constructive criticism... don't take any of it the wrong way. just my two cents.

if you were thinking about using the optics rail as a carry handle, take in consideration the balance of the shotgun. most of the weight is to the rear of the shotgun, where the receiver / magazine (where a loaded mag will weigh quite a bit). a lot of firearms that have the carry handle are balanced pretty well. in this case, it might even be uncomfortable to carry it by the handle.

I was able to test fit most of the parts, I still need to add a Forward Assist Grip.

I also have to decide if I want to modify the pistol grip to allow for a rock an lock mag change or incorporate a mag well. I'm leaning toward the later

The LOP is 17", the eye relief on the scope seems to be perfect and the handle is in the perfect, without a mag inserted it's just a little front heavy.

It feels awesome when shouldered.

The silver section is aluminum u-channel, the overall shape is correct but the final part will have slotted venting and more of a contoured look.

Here is an image, the only photo shop mod was to shorten the barrel to it final length.

TestFit1.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, your a lot further along than i thought from reading the posts. Looks nice so far, but i have to wonder about eye relief... you don't have much if any, and with 12ga recoil you might be getting a nice shiner from it.

or are apearances decieving? or are you addressing this already?

I have about 3" of eye relief.

Considering that I will only use the scope for 2 3/4 slugs, recoil shouldn't be an issue.

Wow, your a lot further along than i thought from reading the posts. Looks nice so far, but i have to wonder about eye relief... you don't have much if any, and with 12ga recoil you might be getting a nice shiner from it.

or are apearances decieving? or are you addressing this already?

• Like 2

You got 3" of eye relief? . . .

+1 to what BpS12 was implying.

I'd really like to see a photo of you shouldering this bullpup S-12 in its present configuration. With what you've shared via your last photo of this work in progress, I'm thinking you are way-off on the eye-relief that you are able to obtain. . . providing of course, you mount that weapon to your shoulder appropriately.

I think you need to go back to the proverbial drawing board on this and change some of the dimensions.

Nonetheless, good luck to ya; it's a terrific idea.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Gary
  • Like 1