S-12 Underfolder

Joe, do you have a part time job as a "Crash Test Dunny" ?

OK, Keep your eyes peeled for a Saiga range day in Cadiz, and you can come be abused by my inventory.....021.gif ....but I get the rights to the vids........

You're a sick man Tom Cole....

Can I shoot it ? wub.gif

Joe, do you have a part time job as a "Crash Test Dunny" ?

No but I really dislike my shoulder and I enjoy recoil, why else would someone use a single shot 10 gauge to go after groundhogs :devil:

OK, Keep your eyes peeled for a Saiga range day in Cadiz, and you can come be abused by my inventory.....021.gif ....but I get the rights to the vids........

As long as I'm abused in a classy fashion...I'm not into that amateur stuff ;)

I did a Yugo UF on the Wife's S-.410. It works well on the .410, but I don't think you can put enough muzzle brakes on a 12 to keep it from destroying the UF!

P.S. UF clears a factory .410 10rd mag.

Edited by G O B

LOL..............if you look at the total surface area of the butt of the yugo, then compare it to the surface area of the AMD butt on the folder I used in the vankiller video, I think they are about the same.........So maybe I should do a 12 inch selectfire on the underfolder for the sake of comparision.................rolleyes.gif

Now you're talkin! :super:

BTW...if recoil was too much of a problem for anyone shooting it, a plain ol' AK GL butt pad would fix that, no problem....:smoke:

I think GOB had the best point...whether or not the folder itself can take it....

will this be the first time somebody has actually put a underfolder on a s12. ive only ever heard people say the recoil will destroy the stock no actual evidence of it happening.

That's what I was worried about. I believe I've read that they had problems with those stocks on ak's due to recoil. Perhaps some reinforcement, hardening and buffering will take care of that . R & D baby!

Looks like your on to something here. It almost looks like a under folder from a MP40. Is that where you got your design? Is that a custom one off piece you made or an uderfolder from something else(AK)?

The AK underfolding stock is almost a direct copy of the MP40's. Ya can't say the Russians were'nt paying attention when the Germans invaded.

The Yugo's are well made, but I wouldn't do one on the S-12 as the folding mechanism just doesn't look strong enough for it. Hope I am wrong and yours holds up just fine. I did the S-.410 and a bastard parts (no 2 matching parts) AK for the Wife, and both with Yugo's and they came out great, she loves them.