No worries, Hopping1, Nalioth is USUALLY the ONLY one here who gives a fuck that something cute or funny or interesting was posted twice within the past 5 years. Note how that one was posted back in '08... I am SURE it was VERY FRESH in everyone's mind on the forums, still!

I am starting to think he lives in his mothers basement with NOTHING to do except make sure that a post is NEVER repeated on the saiga forums... and lives to search for dupes so that he can correct everyone that fucks up, in order to prove his mastery of the SEARCH BUTTON. :lolol:

Nalioth... Dude... REALLY??

Get a life... or some pussy... or BOTH... Holy... :unsure:

( personally, I just find it IRRITATING... )

:smoke:

No worries, Hopping1, Nalioth is USUALLY the ONLY one here who gives a fuck that something cute or funny or interesting was posted twice within the past 5 years. Note how that one was posted back in '08... I am SURE it was VERY FRESH in everyone's mind on the forums, still!

I am starting to think he lives in his mothers basement with NOTHING to do except make sure that a post is NEVER repeated on the saiga forums... and lives to search for dupes so that he can correct everyone that fucks up, in order to prove his mastery of the SEARCH BUTTON. :lolol:

Nalioth... Dude... REALLY??

Get a life... or some pussy... or BOTH... Holy... :unsure:

( personally, I just find it IRRITATING... )

:smoke:

Thank you. Well said.

Ya can't come down on Nalioth for the sharp memory too hard.

It is his sharp memory & mastery of the art of the search that helps keep half us other yahoos from becoming felons due to the complexities of all the ever evolving gun laws.

For instance, how many here knew that if a Dragunov style stock had a bolt running through the PG, attaching it to the reviever, it is no longer a thumb-hole, but a pistol grip.? Kinda helpful info depending on your state. I didn't know before he told me.

Not to mention the differing legal aspects of flash hiders as opposed to muzzle breaks... The direction of the cuts can make a whole lot of difference legally. Especially if they are included as part of your overall barrel length.

He is the only person that actually encourages people to CALL him to figure out issues, & I'll speak from experiance, the guy really knows his shit. Maybe he's a touch cocky, but that comes with the territory after answering the same questions day after day for years on end.

Yeah, it can be a touch annoying to have your thread called out, when the topic was posted years before you joined the forum, but I'll take that annoyance over the annoyance of what my level of ignorance would be if he & a few others like him, who study & have a great understanding of the gun laws weren't here.

I have an idea!

The Mods could commission him to write up a tutorial on searching the forum & make it a sticky right under the WELCOME sub-forum.

To be honest, this forum's search engine really sucks sometimes. At least for me. I get better luck with Google.

________________________________________________________________________________

Anyhow....

Nice cubes hopping!

I gotta get that.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 2

Nalioth has come across to me too even a little sharp(it seemed anyways) but I just let it go because he is far more wise than me! unsure.gif Id rather not know what he thinks of me either...I know I dont use my spell checker and Im a little too much somtimesrolleyes.gif

But ya I allways appreciate Nalioths suggestions they are allways the right ones lol. Just dont let it get to you

Nalioth has come across to me too even a little sharp(it seemed anyways) but I just let it go because he is far more wise than me! unsure.gif Id rather not know what he thinks of me either...I know I dont use my spell checker and Im a little too much somtimesrolleyes.gif

But ya I allways appreciate Nalioths suggestions they are allways the right ones lol. Just dont let it get to you

Being correct and wise does not give one the right to be a dickhead.

• Like 3

Being correct and wise does not give one the right to be a dickhead.

Im not judging if he is being a dickhead or not, remember folks this is the internets and people are not allways as you first perceive them. I'm just saying...well exactly what I said. I guess only he knows exactly how he ment what he said lol.

• Like 1

I certainly have respect for any knowledge that nailoth has and appreciate his willingness to help out. But it just seems like there is a lot of childish stuff going on, too. I mean, ice cube trays? He wants to play "Gotcha" over that? Gimme a break.

• Like 2

Nalioth makes a simple statement and you guys are all over him? I guess there's nothing more important going on in your lives.

Are you saying that this is the only one of his childish posts that you have read?? Whenever anyone posts something that has already been posted in the past 3 years, he's all over them like stink on shit. It gets real old, and it's now obvious that people are tired of it.

• Like 2

I'm not too worried about it. I know Nalioth has thick skin, and his knowledge supersedes his memory of this forum and all the past posts. Hell, he showed me this which I use as often as possible(still makes me laugh). Not to mention that he is one of the most helpful and knowledgeable members here. Sometimes he can be a prick, but lots of us cam be pricks. :bag:

I think the ice cubes are awesome and I wasn't here in 2008 so I'm glad this was reposted.

Personally I don’t care if anyone mentions that a subject has been reposted

But you know what does bug me.

When a bunch of people hijack a thread to bitch about something and the original intent is lost

Now can we get back to posting about these cool ice cubes

Can someone explain how the mold works. I went to the link but it's not really that clear.

Edited by Boba Debt
  • Like 1

The bottom half has a lip on it that holds the water in. You fill it and push the top down in the lip/sides and(i think) the top has small holes in it somewhere for air to excape as the water fills the top as well, forming the bullets.

I also read that the bullets will not come out clear like the picture unless you bring the water to a boil first.

The bottom half has a lip on it that holds the water in. You fill it and push the top down in the lip/sides and(i think) the top has small holes in it somewhere for air to excape as the water fills the top as well, forming the bullets.

I also read that the bullets will not come out clear like the picture unless you bring the water to a boil first.

No need to boil it, the hottest tap water will do to make clear ice.

• Like 2

No need to boil it, the hottest tap water will do to make clear ice.

I've heard that purified/filtered or distilled water also helps in making clear ice. Something to do with the lack of crud and minerals in it. I've never tried it though.

Nalioth rocks! Smart dude.............. You are only a know it all prick if you only think you know something and really don't. If you actually know what the fuck you are talking about, like Nalioth does, that makes you knowledgeable, not a know it all. Narcissism is okay when you truly are one smart Motherf...er. At least that's my .02.